Holy Creamer!

Options
2»

Replies

• Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    You aren't really using 7 tablespoons of cream in a cup of a coffee, right? That's almost half a cup-- there'd hardly be any room for coffee.

:P
  • ashleyemiller14
    ashleyemiller14 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've just recently cut creamer out of my diet...trust me, not an easy transition, totally get that. I was dumping 100+ calories of Bailey's Irish Cream Coffee Creamer into my coffee morning and night. I started using the CoffeeMate fat-free powder, and although it's not sweet, it gives my coffee the creamy taste I want, and it's only 10 calories per tbsp I think. For some reason the fat-free liquids taste awful, but the powder is okay.

I like the idea of protein powder, I might try that next!
  • ShreddingIt_84
    Options
    I would put frozen cool whip its just 15-20cals per tablespoon, 2 would do it.
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I use unsweetened almond milk now, add my own equal/splenda. Comes to about 30 calories. Every now and then I still use the regular half and half. Love coffee!

21525558.png
  • chazbo35
    chazbo35 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    They have a product out right now, I believe its called ripped cream. Its protein powder for the most part and I think its like 90 cals for 2 tbsp. I believe they have a couple different flavors and dissolves pretty nicely in hot coffee.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I was shocked myself at how many calories were in my cup coffee each morning. January of this year I was up to 12-14 cups per day. Until I joined this site I had no idea I was consuming so many calories. I immediately gave up the 2 TBS of sugar and went with creamer only. I am now down to 2 cups per day with I tablespoon of Half & Half. My goal is to be creamer free and to drink it black. I am not sure I can do it but I am going to try.
  • mom2kpr
    mom2kpr Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I like to use peppermint extract (1/4 tsp) with about 1 - 2 tbsp of milk or cream. I also found liquid enhancers (like Mio) for coffee, I have a caramel one that is really good.
  • Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I decided about 6 weeks ago to quit adding my normal packet to my 2-3 cups of coffee every morning. At first it was hard, but now if I use any more than 1 tsp of sugar it's too sweet. I just use the creamers now.. coffeemate vanilla caramel is my favorite at the moment (only because the peppermint mocha isn't out for 7-8 more months!!!! :sad: )

Peppermint mocha is available year round!

Looks like I need to find a new place to shop :grumble:
  • Fenrissa
    Fenrissa Posts: 116
    Options
    Try heavy whipping cream, one tablespoon in hot drinks is so good! It makes the drink very creamy. Maybe a little vanilla extract or cinnamon too? There's so many possibilities. :)
  • leafiesera
    leafiesera Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I also like my coffee only vaguely coffee :) I usually take a 24 oz bottle every morning with me containing ~4 cups of coffee, a scoop of protein powder and 1/2 of a generic slim fast shake (all cold- I like cold coffee). My coffee gets a little protein kick, so it's no longer empty calories and it gets super creamy. Also it's a pretty cheap combo, which is nice.
  • Rainboots80
    Rainboots80 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I use heavy whipping cream but I am eating low carb.
  • sushidulces
    sushidulces Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I use coconut milk (it's really thick) and sugar free hazelnut syrup. I add just a little vanilla extract or caramel flavored extract. It's really good :) I make it in bulk and keep it in the fridge for it to get cold. Then I just add it to my coffee as I like.
  • jessaugusta
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I like my coffee with just cream (probably 4 tablespoons per 12-16 oz cup). I've tried powdered, adding sweeteners, Fat Free Cream, Soy Milk, milk, etc. and I discovered that I just don't enjoy coffee without cream.
    So, I simply embraced it!
  • Holly_belle
    Holly_belle Posts: 4,042 Member
    Options
    I was using the sugar free creamers too. They are loaded with stuff thats not so good for you. I switched to fat free half and half and stevia for sweetness. It works for me and I am definitely one of those people that like coffee with their creamer :wink:
  • drattedfatbody52
    Options
    Dear Holister07,

For the past several years I use Shamrock Farms Fat Free Half and Half. Usually I use about two tablespoons per cup and one packet of Splenda. My son likes his with two packets of Splenda. For only 20 calories from the FF1/21/2, it is a delicious substitute and tastes as good to me as the real fat stuff. The other brands I've tried have been more watery and not as creamy. If you have the opportunity, give it a try and smile all the way to your calorie bank.
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I used to be the same way. I think I was more addicted to the creamer than the coffee! And I would waste at least 200 calories a day to creamer.

I tried several other options (coconut milk creamer, a splash of chocolate milk, etec) but nothing was good enough.

But about 10 days ago I got a stomach virus and I couldn't stomach much of anything--including coffee for 3 days so when I started to feel better I thought...hmmm maybe I will just continue to not drink any and I've been sticking with it so far.

I am going to try to not start again...b/c the only way I like coffee is loaded with caramel or vanilla creamer.
  • Candlelite89
    Options
    You aren't really using 7 tablespoons of cream in a cup of a coffee, right? That's almost half a cup-- there'd hardly be any room for coffee.

:P

Haha. That may have been a sliiiiiiight exaggeration. Just trying to get my point across. I simply LOVE coffee creamer. =]

Sounds like I'll be throwing half and half on the grocery list! Hopefully it will do the trick. Definitely trying protein powder as well. I like the idea of having my morning coffee count for something in my macros instead of just getting the caffeine to keep up with my daughter!
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I've been just using the thin mint girl scout creamer, but now that it's getting colder I've been making homemade mocha frappuccinos with cold coffee, ice, chocolate protein powder, some cocoa powder, and a little milk.
  • cboelens
    cboelens Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    bump
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    I was using the sugar free creamers too. They are loaded with stuff thats not so good for you. I switched to fat free half and half and stevia for sweetness. It works for me and I am definitely one of those people that like coffee with their creamer :wink:

i used to use the fat free half and half, but it also has a lot of extra crap in it. Think about it. Cream is not fat free.