Tiny Friend

Options
I have a friend who is about a size "0" to my size "8." She always talks about how "tiny" she is and that she can never find "tiny" clothes. On top of it she complains about how her husband calls her fat. When we are out to eat, she eats two bites of food. I don't think she has a problem because she is naturally thin but am I horrible because she drives me insane. Also, I am sure that I am feeling a bit self conscious around her since I like to eat and I am not "tiny."

:) Just venting I guess!

Replies

• midfin
    midfin Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who is about a size "0" to my size "8." She always talks about how "tiny" she is and that she can never find "tiny" clothes. On top of it she complains about how her husband calls her fat. When we are out to eat, she eats two bites of food. I don't think she has a problem because she is naturally thin but am I horrible because she drives me insane. Also, I am sure that I am feeling a bit self conscious around her since I like to eat and I am not "tiny."

:) Just venting I guess!
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Don't let it phase you. I would think she has more issues being self-concious about her image than you just from the fact that her husband is calling her fat!

You're beautiful! :flowerforyou:
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    From what I understand, people that are too skinny have issues just as much as women that are too big. They do have a hard time finding clothes and it has to suck for them also. I wouldn't let it bother you too much. A size 8 is my goal size, should I kick your *kitten* now or later? :laugh:
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options
    I agree that she must not feel good about herself if her husband calls her fat. (What kind of husband is that anyway?!?!?!:angry: )

Anyone who is not a standard size has problems finding clothes that fit right...the stores don't want to stock the less average sizes whether they are large, small, whatever. She may feel that she can't find styles she wants to wear that make her feel attractive and presentable. You never know.
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    Much like Lina said, it's been my experience that skinny people are just as self conscience as heavier people. Today I was walking around work, and I was thinking, 'sheesh J, you are such a fatty today...' A few minutes later this smaller guy, who is in great shape told me he wished he looked like me. It kinda caught me off guard, I mean...why would he wanna look like me??? I wanna look like him!!! I suppose the grass is greener works even for body image.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Tell her that you noticed a few spots she could work on, but other than that, at least you like her because she has a good personality. :noway: :huh:

Hokay, maybe I'm not helpful. :tongue:

• PrincessLaundry
    Options
    OH wait...I thought of one I liked more.

Tell her you will be her friend no matter what size she gets!

:love:
  • bodibykelli
    Options
    Tell her that you noticed a few spots she could work on, but other than that, at least you like her because she has a good personality. :noway: :huh:

You're too funny!!!!
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options

You're too funny!!!!

I bet she wouldn't say it anymore after that!!! LOL
  • midfin
    midfin Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ha! Thanks for the feedback!