green smoothie lovers...

Options
I love green smoothies but i never feel full after drinking one.
My "go to" smoothie would be spinach + kale, frozen strawberries, a banana, milk, and protein powder.

are there other recipes that are more feeling?

for you, are green smoothies a meal replacement, part of a meal, or just a snack type thing? If part of a meal, what do you have with it?

Replies

• hozik
    hozik Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Your smoothie sounds tasty. Adding a tablespoon of ground flaxseeds or chia seeds will help keep you full longer. I also put nuts and seeds in mine. I usually have it as a meal, or have it as dessert after a mini meal.
  • katie_elizabeth_2908
    Options
    Maybe add some natural yoghurt to fill it out or even something like flaxseed meal or chia seeds to keep you fuller for longer.
  • JoMoMOMx3
    JoMoMOMx3 Posts: 77
    Options
    what isle would i find flaxseed or chia seeds in? i dont have any health food stores around so were stuck with walmart, sams club, target, etc.
  • Brack3t
    Brack3t Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I always feel full to the brim after a green smoothie. My go to recipe is very similar to yours:

1 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1/2 scoop (15g) isoflex vanilla protein powder (Sometimes 30G, depending on my protein needs for the day)
    50G baby spinach
    100G cucumber with peel
    40G frozen banana
    60G frozen mixed fruit (a blend of peach slices, mango chunks, pineapple chunks and sliced strawberries) \\
    6G psyllium husk

I throw it all in my nutribullet and blend for a bit, and then add two ice cubes and blend some more. I find that the psyllium and the ice really thickens it and keeps me full for hours.

ETA: I have mine as a meal.
  • hozik
    hozik Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    what isle would i find flaxseed or chia seeds in? i dont have any health food stores around so were stuck with walmart, sams club, target, etc.

Some stores have them in bags by hot cereals or grains/flour or near the protein powder/supplements.