How can i succeed with my depressing life ?

Options
I've been doing excellent for 4 days till...
I had this very ugly argument with someone and ended up eating my emotions out :(
Everytime i do good for a litlle something happens (usually arguments ) and i fail
I feel like a loser , I dont think my weight loss journey is ever gonna be a nsv ...
Sorry but i had to vent ...

Replies

• MissMonicaC
    MissMonicaC Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    You need to change your mindset, and that comes with time, and small changes.. In my experience anyway. Keep positive. A journal, happy thoughts. The way I think of it.. You will never achieve weight loss if you don't start you know..
    98777 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    If you get your mind right, you can do anything. I promise you.

My life is very depressing and I didn't think I could do it, but I am. Each day.

I have lost 30 lb, that's your entire ticker. I have only a little more to go.

It's possible, that's all you need to know. And you can do it.
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Life happens, it does. I fell off the wagon when I was told that my mom's condition is terminal. I gained some weight back and then I decided that me gaining weight (and eating everything in sight) isn't going to make my mom live longer. Life always has a funny way of trying to knock us down when we're feeling good, but you have to get back up. Do it for yourself, you deserve it.

That's about as inspirational as I can get in a post, so I'm just going to end it there. And post a turtle gif

Funny_gifs_terrifying_turtle_Kodi93_i_haz_gifs_Take_2-s320x240-264342-580.gif

Hope this helped in some way.
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I'm not not an emotional eater, I'm actually the opposite, I lose my appetite. But many years ago I was a smoker and would habitually light up when upset. When I quit I would still get upset and at first my natural reaction was to want a cigarette but I firmly repeated "You don't do that anymore". I'd go for a fast walk instead to burn off energy or mop the floor, scrub my tub, something to work off energy and calm myself down. Start thinking of some replacement strategies.
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Here is a secret I learned a few years ago.

Just stop arguing with people. It takes 2 for an argument.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    Some studies have been done which indicate that exercise may be even better for fighting depression and lifting mood than prescription drugs. It might be worth trying a walk instead of a snack next time you're upset. It will get you away from the food, at the very least, and give you time to calm down, but it might also help your mood, not to mention burning some calories.
  • traceywoody
    traceywoody Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I was told once, by a very wise person, that it helps to see everything that comes our way as not an obstacle, but an opportunity. We are all going to have things in our lives that crop up, sometimes everyday, that will trigger an emotional response in us. We then have an opportunity. We can either choose something destructive(like eating our emotions) or we can choose to do something constructive(like use the anger/frustration etc to fuel us into exercising). We are not victims of our circumstances. We are never completely powerless. Taking a deep breath before we choose can help to put us in a better frame of mind to make that choice. Decide what it is that you really want, and don't let circumstances, or emotions, or anyone or anything else control your decision. You are in control. You can do it. I believe in you.
  • suzzanemfp
    Options
    Thank you , your words bought tears to my eyes
  • suzzanemfp
    Options
    I was told once, by a very wise person, that it helps to see everything that comes our way as not an obstacle, but an opportunity. We are all going to have things in our lives that crop up, sometimes everyday, that will trigger an emotional response in us. We then have an opportunity. We can either choose something destructive(like eating our emotions) or we can choose to do something constructive(like use the anger/frustration etc to fuel us into exercising). We are not victims of our circumstances. We are never completely powerless. Taking a deep breath before we choose can help to put us in a better frame of mind to make that choice. Decide what it is that you really want, and don't let circumstances, or emotions, or anyone or anything else control your decision. You are in control. You can do it. I believe in you.
  • GreatSetOfBrains
    GreatSetOfBrains Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Sadly I'm here too! I'm very stressed!
  • traceywoody
    traceywoody Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    :) YVW All the best on your journey.
  • starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    We all have bad days. Sometimes bad weeks...even bad months at times! Pick yourself up and keep going! You WILL make it if you don't give up!
  • Ilikelamps
    Ilikelamps Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    x4HFd63.jpg
  • tmwsiy71
    tmwsiy71 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I will say the following. I'm not going to make this about me, but i will simply say that many of us have some bad problems....difficult problems. You never know what baggage somebody else is carrying. But you are here to try to add a positive. If you can do something about the negatives, do it. If you can't...then work on adding other positive things. Your lifestyle change will not solve all your problems, but dammit it's something you want to do. It's something you can be proud of and feel good about...and most of all, it's in your control. Don't rob yourself of this.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    For a long time I told myself that if life would ever calm down, then I could lose the weight. But I eventually realized that part of losing the weight (and being able to keep it off) would be learning to use other methods of coping to deal with my stress. It took time, and falling off the wagon a few (like a million, and I still do occasionally), but I did it. You can, too.

One thing I did that helped me was to ask myself this: Did that food improve my situation? How do I feel now that I ate it? (usually worse) Eventually it caused me to realize that eating my feels really didn't help, and that it really only made me feel worse in the long run. Sometimes all you can do is feel your feels.
  • nenshali
    nenshali Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    You can succeed through changing something.

It's easier said than done, of course. But the principle is simple.
    Try to find out what bothers you in your life. Write it down, maybe.
    Some things can be changed, some things are not in your control.

If you can change certain things, find out whether it's a priority to change it or not.
    If you cannot change it, you can still change how you react to it, which matters a lot as well.

Food is just a short- term- solution that hinders you in finding long- term- peace. It's not a way to cope with feelings.
    Emotional Hunger/ Emotional eating is understandable, but not helpful. You won't be able to stop with that over night, but it is possible to change that. :flowerforyou:
  • suzzanemfp
    Options
    Thank you all !
    I really appreciate it
    I will try to use all these tips and see where life takes me
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    if_britney_can_make_it_through_2007-4892.jpg

I try to make it through every day. Most of the time, I do fine. Occasionally, I get severely depressed and eat up. I'm putting my mental health above my physical health because when I'm depressed, I get suicidal and self-harming. If eating something will stop me from hurting myself, I will eat it. I do my best to pick myself up and get back on track the next day.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,670 Member
    Options
    Attitude is a component in anything you do in life. How you view successes, failures, setbacks, relationships, etc. will definitely mold you into the person you are. If you don't like the way you are, then change it. Find the right people/way to approach this that is doable for you.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • kahdxoom
    kahdxoom Posts: 129
    Options
    I have depressive/ anxiety disorder. Food and alcohol were my only remedies. I live in a cold state where weather has kept me indoors. I deal with it by keeping a gratitude journal. Remembering where I was and where I am now and where I want to be. Keep the faith and remember yesterday is gone and tomorrow is full of possibilities.