Can you tell any difference?

Options
Ive been dieting off and on for the past year almost. Since the beginning to now I have lost 21 pounds, which Im really happy about. Ive had some people tell me they can see a difference, but I honestly can't. Ive read around that whenever you feel discouraged you should try to look at pictures of your progress, but this almost is discouraging to me. Please be honest if you can see a difference, and if you do Id appreciate if you could point out where the difference is.

Before Pic:
http://s414.photobucket.com/user/frenchykoala/media/imageedit_5_9172509111.gif.html
Now Pic:
http://s414.photobucket.com/user/frenchykoala/media/Day2of30DayShred.png.html?sort=3&o=0

Replies

• yungibear
    yungibear Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Honestly speaking, I feel like these pictures are hard to discern any significant differences because the environment and lighting conditions of each photo are very different. In the first, I have soft, bathroom lighting and a lot of blur that might be distorting your actual size. The second one is a harsh, high contrast lighting that clearly shows the lines of your body and your current size. I suggest taking an after photo similar to your before and comparing those two instead.

My other suggestion is finding some clothed full body photos before your weight loss and what you look like wearing those clothes now.

Generally, when you do before and afters, you want to keep things as consistent as you can.
  • valebie
    valebie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I appreciate your honesty. I wish at the time I would have taken a better photo of myself. I suppose what I will do now is just continue making more changes and use the now picture as a before picture in the future. c:
  • crazycatzlady
    Options
    Yes, I can totally see a difference! Especially around the stomach! (Although....Maybe next time you could take a photo in your underwear vs the nude lol?) But yes, there is definitely a difference, congrats on the 21 pound weight loss!
  • yungibear
    yungibear Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I appreciate your honesty. I wish at the time I would have taken a better photo of myself. I suppose what I will do now is just continue making more changes and use the now picture as a before picture in the future. c:
    Yes, the best thing to do is to keep moving forward! C: I also had a couple of botchey pictures that made it seem as if my body hasn't been transforming. A lot of us started losing weight without too much of a plan, so it's okay if something like our first before photo isn't really ideal.

If I might add, I see a difference in your wrists. I know it's a small area, but it does show the progress you've made!
  • valebie
    valebie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Im sorry about the slight nudity!! Im going to paint over it a bit to make it less.. showy. Thank you for your input though!