Whats some of your favorite cheat meals?

Options
Haven't seen a topic like this for a while, but just curious..

Sometimes when i go out on a cheat meal..ill have a bacon and cheese omelette. So good! Aside from that its normally a sandwich from a fast food joint or pizza.

Replies

• Dom80
    Dom80 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    mine is a nice steak and baked potato with a Cesar salad
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    After all the cheat meals I had over the holiday...eatting healthy actually taste better. I am so sick of cakes and candy right now. Hope this feeling doesnt leave me..lol.
    I made boneless chicken breast in a crockpot with salsa and I have to say honestly...it tasted like a cheat meal it was wonderful.
  • servingthealiens
    servingthealiens Posts: 144 Member
    Options

That's not that bad as long as you keep your portions under control and watch the butter and dressing.

Mine is either WI Mac and Cheese from Noodles & Co, or Red Baron singles 4 Cheese and Garlic.

The mac and cheese isn't as bad as you'd think if you get a small. Not something for all the time, but can be part of a healthy plan. Those pizzas, though? They're AWFUL for you. Even if I can get them to fit into my calorie goal, they're still a once a month indulgence, if that.
  • diet45
    diet45 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I don't have cheat meals, but I do include things I like every week......Mexican!!!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    Chips and salsa!
  • lilac67
    lilac67 Posts: 311
    Options

Me too!! And a slice of cheesecake--plain w/ a cup of black coffee!!
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    Generally fajitias from a mexican restaurant :) of course the chips salsa and green sauces!
  • servingthealiens
    servingthealiens Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Chips and salsa!

Also not that much of a cheat. Most chips are about 150 calories a serving, and salsa has almost none.

Reading this thread, I'm finding that a lot of people's "cheats", including my own, aren't really that cheat-y anymore. Amazing how one's perspective shifts when you start eating healthier!
  • 0JuicyLucy0
    Options
    I love all food that I should eat in moderation or I shouldn't eat at all, Mexican- Enchiladas, tacos, nachos, Italian all pasta but Chicken alferedo is my fav, Pizza, fast food can be glorious until I'm done eating it and then i think to myself why did i eat that, I love corndogs, and Tator tot casserole is so yummy! I guess Im not to picky when it comes to foods I cant or shouldn't have lol :)

Now that im changing the way I eat I try to stay away from all of that, Cheating is not ok for me when i allow myself some leeway i tend to over do it so it just works better if stick to foods I can stay on track with !
  • cddavis04
    Options
    Local restaurant called the cheese cake corner serves 35 different cheese cakes and 13 different quiches all delicious. I would eat there everyday if I could. Has been voted best dessert in Memphis 3 years running.
  • taletreader
    taletreader Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of the term "cheat meal" - I don't cheat at all! However, it is part of the healthy lifestyle I'm building for myself to recognise that my calorie deficit will vary, and even, shock! horror!, that there will be days where I'm not even in calorie deficit. There will also be days where I'll be eating a lot less than my calorie expenditure of the day, for example when I'm ill or when I manage to do long, strenuous exercise such as a several hour bike ride or a day or overnight hike.

Today was such a day. I was invited for dinner at a friend's who is an excellent cook. I will probably not see him for a long time. I didn't overeat, but his food was very rich and delicious -- one of the best meals I've had in ages:

- Risotto with saffron, walnuts and chipotle powder (and definitely a lot of parmesan and butter) [portion was too large, we both agreed on that]
    - Semolina gnocchi au gratin with three kinds of cheese (we both served ourselves a very small portion to compensate at least a little bit for the risotto)
    - Coffee-chocolate cheese cake flavoured with a his home-grown and very hot Savina chili peppers [I ate a sliver, about 1/4 of a regular portion)]
    - We shared a bottle of champagne [I had about 250-300 ml]

Clearly over 1000 cal for this meal alone.

During the two months I've been at it, there were 6 days including today where I exceeded my calories significantly. Four were days of transatlantic travel with connections, layovers etc.. While I ate as balanced and healthily as possible, I ended up with about 2000 calories, and the food was necessary to keep me functioning through the sleep-deprived day. I somewhat made up for it the day after. The 6th one was because of a team-building event from my job where we cooked & ate a three-course Italian meal.

No regrets!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    My cheat meal isn't really a meal...I don't eat junk food often, but when I do it's pretty bad. Gummy worms, chips, cookies, and beer usually. I can easily eat my days worth of calories in under an hour with this combo...because I don't limit myself to one serving...I eat and eat and eat, lol.
  • carl1738
    carl1738 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Chinese food.
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Chinese Food, no doubt ♥
  • CarolHudson11
    Options
    Panera's Bread Co.'s Broccoli Cheddar soup in a sourdough breadbowl. YUM! Love it!
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    My cheat meal isn't really a meal...I don't eat junk food often, but when I do it's pretty bad. Gummy worms, chips, cookies, and beer usually. I can easily eat my days worth of calories in under an hour with this combo...because I don't limit myself to one serving...I eat and eat and eat, lol.

OMG, gummy worms and cookies are a weakness of mine too! :laugh:
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options

It's why I rarely buy the gummy worms and I have cut back on my baking. I can easily polish off a 1 pound bag of gummy worms without realising it. It's really bad, lol. I'm the type of person that must have a salty snack to go with a sweet one and vice versa. So it's usually fries and cookies or chips and gummy worms, lol.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options

It's why I rarely buy the gummy worms and I have cut back on my baking. I can easily polish off a 1 pound bag of gummy worms without realising it. It's really bad, lol. I'm the type of person that must have a salty snack to go with a sweet one and vice versa. So it's usually fries and cookies or chips and gummy worms, lol.

I'm really bad about my sweet tooth, I can't eat a half gallon of ice cream like I used to when I was a kid, but a convenient bag of gummy worms or a halloween "grab-bag" of mini kit-kats and I just keep eating and eating.
  • Karasene
    Karasene Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hotwings :( I love them!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Mexican food or these 1/3 pound burgers from a local joint plus sweet potato fries. YUM!