can't stop losing weight

Options
I realize this is an odd question but Ive been on a diet for 5 months now and Ive reached my wieght loss goal and some. I started eating enough calories to maintain my weight a few weeks ago but I'm still losing weight. So I started eating whatever I wanted as much as I wanted which was over 3500 calories a day and I still continue to lose weight. I even stopped going to the gym and still continue to lose weight. I am at a loss now how to stop my weight loss. I've lost 109 lbs in 5 months so maybe my body needs time to catch up but Ive been trying to stop losing weight for weeks now with no change. Any ideas what else I can do?

Replies

• yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Humm hard to say. Did you see a doctor lately? It might be good to do some blood work. Also stopping the gym will make your lose muscle and weight.

Good luck
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Um, think you could send that problem this way? :laugh: You might want to talk to your doctor about a thyroid panel, particularly if you're having other symptoms like nervousness, insomnia, intolerance to heat, etc.
  • cosmicbrut
    Options
    I only stopped the gym for a week to see what would happen but im back to going 4 times a week. I'm seeing a stomach doctor presently and ill ask about doing a thyroid panel.
  • ariellespiller
    Options
    Yikes, that must be scary! I agree with some of the others...see a doctor of some kind. Maybe a nutritionist?
    You know how when you start exercising and dieting it can take 2-3 weeks before you see any weight loss at all? It's like your body can't process all the things you're doing differently right away. I wonder if maybe it's something like that. Your body might be so used to losing that it'll take a while for it to get the hang of Not losing. But be really careful. I wouldn't have any more 3500 calorie days...they say if you lose weight too quickly, it's incredibly hard to keep off. You don't want to find out all of a sudden that the calories are sticking more than they should. Good luck! I hope the dr can give you some guidance!
  • Cortx
    Cortx Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    109 in 5 months???? lol
  • annie_p
    annie_p Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    That's what caught me. That seems to me like a little too much weight to be considered a healthy weight loss.
  • ucaminax
    ucaminax Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I second everybody's idea for getting to the Dr ASAP. Unexplained weight loss is a "red flag" for several different serious health issues. Hopefully it's nothing, but I definitely wouldn't procrastinate on this.
  • sstewart36
    Options
    what were you doing to lose weight?
  • bloodbank
    bloodbank Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    what were you doing to lose weight?

If I remember correctly, all he did was eat less, move more - spent some time at the gym, biked, and ate about 1900 calories a day. Nothing crazy or unhealthy.
  • Chickabittie
    Options
    I second everybody's idea for getting to the Dr ASAP. Unexplained weight loss is a "red flag" for several different serious health issues. Hopefully it's nothing, but I definitely wouldn't procrastinate on this.

Yes, I agree, and PLEASE get your blood drawn for a full chemistry panel, or at the very least, a glucose level. Check back in and let us know how healthy you are!