I cannot believe I just did that.

2»

Replies

• Mozic
    Mozic Posts: 3 Member
    I'm with you - I finished off a half carton of chocolate ice cream last night! Why???? But, Tomorrow is Another Day", and so I will forget the past and try to stay true to the calorie count going forward. That's all I can do, the deed is done.
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    I've done this. It's like some sort of weird out-of-body experience or something like that, isn't it? Take responsibility for it (by logging it) and forgive yourself. If you start the "Blame Game" by beating yourself up, it will most likely cause you to binge again as a way of punishing yourself (this is true Death by Chocolate!! :wink: )

:flowerforyou:
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    The beauty of calorie logging?

You get a clean slate everyday.

Totally this ^^^^^

1omHmL2.gif
  • spdoughe
    spdoughe Posts: 51
    Drink lots of water and work out a little long/harder the next few days. it will even out, everyone has their slip ups. I just had one that lasted a week and a half all from splurging on mcdonalds. don't beat yourself up, whats done is done and the beauty of MFP is you can write a confession post like this and have the support from so many of us to push you forward! I bet you will be more cautious the next time and just remember the feeling you have now after eating it and when you hit another bump, just mentally pull up this thread and by then maybe you will have stronger will power to only eat a serving size or pass all together! You can do it, don't stress today is a brand new day :)
  • Lisa_Dubh
    Lisa_Dubh Posts: 35 Member
    Live and learn...one thoughtless binge won't make or break you.

After a wee slip up this morning I'm on the path to realizing this is the way it is.
    You are human after all
    AND it's easter so there is literally chocolate EVERYWHERE
  • ElizabethElane
    ElizabethElane Posts: 92 Member
    Think of it as a binge day...everyone has slip ups on they're way to success! Try working out abit extra tomorrow to level out your week...don't let it get you down, it's only one day, tomorrow is a new one and will be better!!! :wink:
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Considering your first post was April 4th and you have logged food in your diary twice since then, I am thinking you aren't really that concerned about it.
  • ragan4bama
    ragan4bama Posts: 58 Member
    Sometimes your body needs that to kick you back into shape. One slip up isn't going to make that much of a difference. Shrug it off and move on:)
  • Psssssh it's Easter weekend. I've already had 3 Cadbury eggs and an OBSCENE amount of jelly beans this week.

But like others said, drink lots of water and learn from your mistakes. In my case, it's a really good thing that this is the only time of year that jelly beans are readily available :)
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    I just ate half a block of orange filled chocolate I didn't even register i was doing it until it was too late. I feel horrible and it's too late to do a workout that will even come close to burning it and I can't believe I did that. any motivational words or support or even advice? I'm so upset I want to cry. I can already feel my double chin coming back.
    [/quote

Only half a block?? So what. It's not going to affect you.]
  • tkenley123
    tkenley123 Posts: 10 Member
    I understand the taking ownership of it thing. But depression over this is not going to help. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start again. I'm seeing now that a lot of what I was dealing with can only be defined as an addiction. So, take it one day at a time.

You fell on your butt today. But that doesn't mean you will tomorrow. One day ata a time.
  • desimia1
    desimia1 Posts: 60
    Happens to the Best! No worries, move on !