KFC Double Down

Options
RINat612
RINat612 Posts: 251 Member
Anyone else hear about KFC bringing this beast of a "sandwich" back for a limited time? Who else is going to have a day or two where you figure out how to fit the calories? :bigsmile:

Replies

• pierremignon
    pierremignon Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you had this in your place, but KFC once had a value meal consisting of a Double Down, a fried chicken, a cup of rice, with a side of mashed potato OR fries, and soda. At that moment I knew I was going WAY above my calories, but chicken is my weakness.

Never again.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of it. I love KFC though, so I'll keep my ears open.
  • Heir0fFir3
    Heir0fFir3 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it, what is it?
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Last time the Double Down was in existence, my dad and I would joke about getting one, but never did. If they return, I will have to INSIST we get one. Except maybe just split it between the two of us because HOLY CALORIES, BATMAN.
  • ValeriePlz
    ValeriePlz Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    This is the "sandwich" made with two pieces of fried chicken instead of bread, sandwiching bacon and cheese.
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I am game. Maybe even tomorrow after my Taco Bell breakfast
  • ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    I heard it was coming back on one of their commercials this morning! I've never had it nor will I but they did say it was coming back for a limited time.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Fried chicken? Really? I make every effort to avoid anything dunked in boiling oil.
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Fried chicken? Really? I make every effort to avoid anything dunked in boiling oil.

That sucks for you! More for me
  • Heir0fFir3
    Heir0fFir3 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    This is the "sandwich" made with two pieces of fried chicken instead of bread, sandwiching bacon and cheese.

Ok that sounds revolting. Think I'll stick with my wicked zingers
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

How do you make a sammich with chicken pieces? Does. not. Compute.
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Anyone else hear about KFC bringing this beast of a "sandwich" back for a limited time? Who else is going to have a day or two where you figure out how to fit the calories? :bigsmile:

I will have a day at least:wink:
  • jpolinisse
    jpolinisse Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I fit in KFC 3 piece, extra crispy chicken, and 2 sides every Saturday. I luv KFC..
  • LeahNMe
    LeahNMe Posts: 73 Member
    Options

Being from the south...ahem ^this
  • sullrico18
    sullrico18 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    A few of my coworkers and I had to try this a few years back --- worth trying at least once (although not sure I'll have it again!) :-)
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    It's already back. Had one last week. I think it's only ~700cals with a ton of protein, fat, and sodium :)
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options

If you like that you should try my old favorite, Google "chilli cheese aplenty" from the beacon drive in. Its a massive chilli cheese burger that is buried under fries and onion rings. I have mended my evil ways.
  • Oscarinmiami
    Oscarinmiami Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    omg that sounds so damn good! I may go tomorrow
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    Options
    I fit in KFC 3 piece, extra crispy chicken, and 2 sides every Saturday. I luv KFC..

+1

And Popeye's. Love the Popeye's
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    Options

How do you make a sammich with chicken pieces? Does. not. Compute.

It's formed into a diamond-ish shape and not like their batter/breaded strips/chicken. It's more like that McNugget texture, and you can get also get it grilled. Just wipe your fingers after and have a full drink before starting it.