Can someone look at my good dairy and help me?

Options
I started almost a month again lost 3 lbs, this past week I haven't lost anything. Can someone look at my dairy and tell me if I'm doing anything wrong? I'm 5'2, 30 years old and weigh 142. My goal weight is 130.

Replies

• MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    You need to set it to public so we can view.
  • Mariela223
    Options
    Oh didn't know it was private, let me change it. Ty
  • Mariela223
    Options
    Anyone? :)
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't panic over 1 week. It is normal for the scale not to move for a few weeks. The scale only gives off a number and doesn't account for all that your body goes through. There are things like body composition, water retentions, bowels, hormonal changes, etc. that takes place and the scale doesn't account for it. Since you have been losing, stick with it a few more weeks and give it time.
  • naomigee161
    naomigee161 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    what exercise are you doing to burn over 600 calories per day?! stop using the mfp exercise database as it massively overestimates and get a heart rate monitor. or you can go here and calculate your TDEE -10, 15 or 20% to get how many calories you should eat each day to lose 0.5-2 lbs per week. this number includes your exercise activity so don't log of eat back exercise calories if you do this.

take your measurements and be patient

read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    1 week.... patience.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Weight loss isn't trackable over the period of weeks, it takes months to establish any clear trend. Your weight will naturally fluctuate and even if you are losing fat at a steady rate that loss can be hidden by changes in water retention. This is especially true as a woman with your monthly cycle.
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    THROW THAT SCALE AWAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Track your inches not your weight ! That scale will mess with your mind and will drive you insane! You want to focus on losing fat and inches not what the scale says, the scale can't tell you how much muscles you are building, it can't tell you how much fat you have lost, it can't tell you how much hard work your putting in.. Please throw that stupid thing away. Focus on wearing a old pair of jeans, or a dress etc.
  • Mariela223
    Options
    Im using fitbit , you think the calories are wrong? I try not to eat them back anyways. I do Zumba every day for 45 plus I walk a lot because I live in the city. I swim sometimes too. But thanks I'm going to check out the link .
  • Mariela223
    Options
    what exercise are you doing to burn over 600 calories per day?! stop using the mfp exercise database as it massively overestimates and get a heart rate monitor. or you can go here and calculate your TDEE -10, 15 or 20% to get how many calories you should eat each day to lose 0.5-2 lbs per week. this number includes your exercise activity so don't log of eat back exercise calories if you do this.

take your measurements and be patient

read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here
    Im using fitbit , you think the calories are wrong? I try not to eat them back anyways. I do Zumba every day for 45 plus I walk a lot because I live in the city. I swim sometimes too. But thanks I'm going to check out the link .
  • sympha01
    sympha01 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    First, I'll echo what others are saying about being patient. You have very little to lose, so you SHOULD lose that weight slowly.

The only other thing I have to say is that based on the very standard-looking serving sizes I'm seeing for the last few days in your diary, it looks like you don't weigh your food. Now, weighing your food is not an absolute necessity for everyone, BUT. If your weight loss is not keeping pace with your deficit, it's time to take a good HARD look at serving sizes. I used to eyeball everything and it turned out I was ALWAYS wrong.

Being off by just a little on peanut butter can mean a lot of calories, and stuff like that adds up over the course of a day or a week or a month.

Things worth weighing:
    1. Nuts and nut butters
    2. Meat
    3. Fruit (fresh or dried). I don't know if it has something to do with the agricultural zone I live in, but 1 apple or 1 pear or 1 banana or 1 tomato or whatever in the database is always WAY smaller than the fruits I buy, that is, the fruits I buy have between 20% and 100% more calories than "1 piece" in the database)
    4. Caloric beverages (milk, juice, beer, wine) unless you drink from a cup that has measurements on the side
    5. Cheese
    6. Pasta, rice, other grains, potatoes
    7. Oils, butter
    8. Canned goods like beans

Things not worth weighing
    1. Packaged foods with nutritional information marked per PIECE i.e. cookies, slices of bread, tortillas; or per PACKAGE if you eat the whole package
    2. Food you don't prepare yourself (at a restaurant, at a friend's house)
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    I started almost a month again lost 3 lbs, this past week I haven't lost anything. Can someone look at my dairy and tell me if I'm doing anything wrong? I'm 5'2, 30 years old and weigh 142. My goal weight is 130.

Even though we all know that most of what drives weight loss is eating at a deficit, many of us believe that eating a certain way will help staying at that deficit.
    I went back in your food diary well into March and want to congratulate on your real good efforts. It is great that you eat so many types of fruit, because their fiber, vitamins and minerals are very beneficial. I would however like to suggest that you increase your vegetables also, because you are a bit low on them.
    The things that was the most obvious for me is your protein intake. In a bout a month your were twice a little bit over ( which is good ) and twice your were only a few grasm short ( once 2 grs and once 11 grs ) . The rest however is kind of bad with shorting yourself anywhere from 25 -almost 60% and that is not a good thing. Protein in all forms is very healthy and especially beneficial when on a weight loss regimen. I suspect that eating more prtein would maybe keep you from eating so much extra sugar ( apart from the fruit ) in the form of candy, sweets, chocolates and bars. I would maybe make a few minor changes and see how that works for you. I think your diet is not awful, awful, but with minor changes could be much better, especially if you exercise as much as you report.
    Apart from that......patience....:o).
    Good Luck !
    PS. I also wonder if you should eat a little bit more at meal time ( especially lunch ) , especially the meal before exercising and less food that you consider snack food, because it keeps you grazing all day, which means you think of and are involved with food all day.....which I think is not advantagious for weight loss from a psychological standpoint. I also understand that it might only look that way from your log.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

This is probably not the problem. You are at 1200 without exercise which means you probably put sedentary and if you live in a city and walk a lot you aren't sedentary as MFP actually uses it. In a similar situation I find the fitbit to be pretty accurate.
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    Can I see your *bad* food diary first please?
  • Mariela223
    Options

This is probably not the problem. You are at 1200 without exercise which means you probably put sedentary and if you live in a city and walk a lot you aren't sedentary as MFP actually uses it. In a similar situation I find the fitbit to be pretty accurate.

I eat between 1300 -1600
  • Mariela223
    Options
    What would I put? Not sure if I put sedentary , will check now
  • Mariela223
    Options

I just checked my settings and I have it as lightly active
  • jenmom2myboys
    jenmom2myboys Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    You seem to eat really well. I would give it more time. I seem to drop weight and then stay the same and then drop again. How often are you weighing?
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Just be patient. When you are within10-15 pounds of your goal weight, then it will come off slower. Try going a month without weighing, you may only lose 2-3 pounds a month which is perfectly healthy.

Your diet looks healthy and if you are exercising that much, then there isn't much I can suggest other than have patience and don't give up!
  • JonfromIndiana
    JonfromIndiana Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I also use Fitbit, and love it. Make sure you go in to your MFP settings and click on allow negative adjustments. This helps you to get a realistic calories burned from your Fitbit activities. "Good Luck"