INSANITYsh Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    2014-03-03-whatwomenthinkwillhappenliftheavye1360469567159.png
    lifting-heavy.jpg
    http://manbicep.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/lifting-heavy.jpg

Girls-Lift-Weights.jpg
    women-deadlift1.jpg
    image013.jpg
    Just because you lift weights, doesn't mean you'll turn into a body builder (ie one that builds up their body)

Ha ha ha :) you motivate me :) tomorrow i will start :)
    its true that muscles must have recovery day?? And why ??;)
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    I got 4 posts in and that's all my brain could handle. Is there a cliff's version or should I not bother?

The cliff's version is the OP thinks there are certain exercises that will give you Beyonce's butt and others that will give your a Physique Bodybuilder's butt and yet a third set that will give you a fitness model's butt.

She isn't really listening to the solid advice given here because she seems to be obsessed with obtaining Beyonce's genetic DNA makeup.

So....in short....it's worth the read for all of the solid lifting advice from the ladies that know what they're doing but not worth the read because we have another OP that won't listen? :laugh:

@CoderGal.....come on over! I could use a workout buddy :drinker:
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    I have no expertise, but I seem to understand from all the posts I have read that you can not bulk unless you eat in a surplus, so if you are in a deficit or at maintenance, it wouldn't happen. So I assume once you get to your goal weight it is a decision you can make around that time, I don't want to think about it right now because I am just not in that place to consider it (or not) yet.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Just a comment about butts. If you have to genes for a good bootie, it will happen. If not, well you have to try to build and shape what you have, But if your *kitten* is flat, well, there's not much that can be done aside from banging out the little muscle that is in the glute and go from there. Even if it's flat, it can still be tight.
  • INSANITYsh
    Options
    I got 4 posts in and that's all my brain could handle. Is there a cliff's version or should I not bother?

The cliff's version is the OP thinks there are certain exercises that will give you Beyonce's butt and others that will give your a Physique Bodybuilder's butt and yet a third set that will give you a fitness model's butt.

She isn't really listening to the solid advice given here because she seems to be obsessed with obtaining Beyonce's genetic DNA makeup.

So....in short....it's worth the read for all of the solid lifting advice from the ladies that know what they're doing but not worth the read because we have another OP that won't listen? :laugh:

• ValGogo
    Options
    i tought that celebrities do bodybuilding ...SORRY THE TITLE IS WRONG :sad:

Me thinks OP may not be 18 years old...

I think you are right. Also, I don't think Beyonce has a body builders body. She's a goddess but I think it's mostly dancing.
  • ValGogo
    Options
    Oh My GAWD....Spoon-fed much???
  • INSANITYsh
    Options

sorry for my ignorance but im not a native speaker :embarassed: what is the meaning of OP ?=)
  • INSANITYsh
    Options

Sorry but im reading all of your posts but im still in question. I'm so sorry that you think that i m not listening to you
  • ValGogo
    Options

I'll jar it and sell it. There has to be a way...

I'd buy it. Especially if her income came with it ;)
    Pft I'm totally in just for the earnings.

I think I saw someone selling her DNA on EBAY.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Just a comment about butts. If you have to genes for a good bootie, it will happen. If not, well you have to try to build and shape what you have, But if your *kitten* is flat, well, there's not much that can be done aside from banging out the little muscle that is in the glute and go from there. Even if it's flat, it can still be tight.

Not true. The glutes are just like any other muscle in the body. With the right diet and the proper training they can grow just like any other muscle can.

ETA....my apologies. Genes DO make a difference. But if you don't have the genes, you can still build it. It's not impossible. Hard, yes. Impossible, no.
  • INSANITYsh
    Options

I'll jar it and sell it. There has to be a way...

I'd buy it. Especially if her income came with it ;)
    Pft I'm totally in just for the earnings.

I think I saw someone selling her DNA on EBAY.

this could be a way to grant my wish
  • INSANITYsh
    Options

Not true. The glutes are just like any other muscle in the body. With the right diet and the proper training they can grow just like any other muscle can.

ETA....my apologies. Genes DO make a difference. But if you don't have the genes, you can still build it. It's not impossible. Hard, yes. Impossible, no.

Yes i know that genes make the difference and i know that its hard...but i want to make my butt smaller because it isnt flat ....it is a little too rounder and i dont like it :(
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Why is it that nobody asks "what exercises should I do to get [celebrity]'s face?"

lol!
  • INSANITYsh
    Options
    ive read all the posts a lot of time and i would like to thank all the people who replied me , so summarizing:

1. the exercise i posted are good for what im looking for
    2. figure=/= bodybuilding
    3. woman who lifts weight will not become suddenly a man
    4. ive to eat 2300 calories a day ( but i still dont know how can i eat them.... they are a lot for me:frown: )
    5. one exercise can give you an infinite tipes of body shape
    6. I should go to the gym 5 times a week

but i still not understand:

1. What will happend if i dont reach 2300 calories a day
    2. and why should i have to take a day rest after workout
    3. what's OP meaning ? :embarassed:

PS: I dont want a body like beyonce but a body similar to her. I dont want her DNA or face. Beyonce is only an example
  • MysteriousLdy
    MysteriousLdy Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Also, the girl in that photo is leaning forward and really arching her back, plus using a pretty low camera angle. Her butt would not look like that if she were standing normally.

So don't compare your standing-normally butt to her bent-over-back-arched-low-angle butt.

yes you right :) but i still want a lifted butt :)

Lifted butt??

Do squating and Rowing..that will do ;-)
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    ive read all the posts a lot of time and i would like to thank all the people who replied me , so summarizing:

4. ive to eat 2300 calories a day ( but i still dont know how can i eat them.... they are a lot for me:frown: )

PS: I dont want a body like beyonce but a body similar to her. I dont want her DNA or face. Beyonce is only an example

To answer your questions:

1) Calorie intake determines how much muscle you grow, everybody's caloric requirements are different. For some people they gain on 2300, for some people (myself included) they lose on 2300. Do you want to gain weight, stay the same, or lose weight? If you want to lose size in your butt, I'm assuming you want to lose a bit of fat? I would advise a small deficit. Nobody here can tell you what that amount would be. It's trial and error. Try out 2000 if you think you can't eat 2300 and adjust as necessary. If it's too little, you'll lose too quickly. If it's too much you'll gain.

2) Rest days are important because your CNS (central nervous system) needs a break, and resting is the time when you're muscles repair themselves (and grow if given enough calories) If you're constantly breaking down muscle in lifting, and not giving the opportunity for them to heal and grow back stronger/bigger then you won't make much progress, and risk injury.

3) OP means "original poster" (ie: you)
  • INSANITYsh
    Options

To answer your questions:

1) Calorie intake determines how much muscle you grow, everybody's caloric requirements are different. For some people they gain on 2300, for some people (myself included) they lose on 2300. Do you want to gain weight, stay the same, or lose weight? If you want to lose size in your butt, I'm assuming you want to lose a bit of fat? I would advise a small deficit. Nobody here can tell you what that amount would be. It's trial and error. Try out 2000 if you think you can't eat 2300 and adjust as necessary. If it's too little, you'll lose too quickly. If it's too much you'll gain.

2) Rest days are important because your CNS (central nervous system) needs a break, and resting is the time when you're muscles repair themselves (and grow if given enough calories) If you're constantly breaking down muscle in lifting, and not giving the opportunity for them to heal and grow back stronger/bigger then you won't make much progress, and risk injury.

3) OP means "original poster" (ie: you)

Thanks a lot for your reply :happy: When you said : "If you want to lose size in your butt, I'm assuming you want to lose a bit of fat? I would advise a small deficit. "......Now i'm trying to express myself....if i do weight lifting my butt and my legs will be tighter ?=) and in the same will they be toned ?
    I'm trying to tone my lower body and in the same time i would like to make my butt and legs tighter
  • INSANITYsh
    Options
  • INSANITYsh
    Options