Can't Loose no matter what I change

Options
2»

Replies

• jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary and Im confused why you're frustrated. You ate 100 grams of sugar one day. Your diet is almost entirely processed food and you've been very inconsistent with your tracking. I really feel for the person who is eating clean, eating enough, and exercising their butt off for a month without any losses but not someone who is eating fast food every day and hasn't been logging consistently. Cut out of the sugar and processed crap, track your food consistently for at least two weeks before expecting a loss, drink only water for liquids (no soda, that stuff is poison, not even good in moderation), and eat all your calories but eat nutritious whole foods. Not protein powders, not power bars, or pizza. Fruit, vegetables, whole grains, meat, legumes, in their whole forms. You will see a loss. I guarantee it.

ummm Chipotle, Moe's, Easter candy, a day of nothing logged, and so on...

pot/kettle

Well that's why she still has weight to lose. Panera, cookies, and potato chips.
  • YesIAm17
    YesIAm17 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Despite the awesome guns, cmeirun is *so* not a he.

Fixed! Sorry cmeirun :(
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? My nutritionist told me to go for 1300 a day. I'm 5' 7", 204 lbs. Maybe 1300 is too much for you..?

I think your nutritionist is starving you!

I am 5 ft 8 (not a lot different to 5 ft7) and about 170 lbs. I can lose weight averaging 1800 net per day. At 204 lbs, your TDEE is probably higher than mine.

1300 is not too much for the OP, they are probably just not weighing correctly. Eyeballing is the worst thing for that!

To the OP: Weigh your food correctly. Eating at a calorie deficit is what will make you lose weight. Cutting Carbs or doing more exercise won't help unless you control your calories. "It's easy to out-eat a good exercise plan, but hard to out-lazy a good diet".

Useful links:
    http://www.nhs.uk/LiveWell/weight-loss-guide/Pages/weight-loss-guide.aspx

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/weight-loss-guide/Pages/calorie-counting.aspx

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

http://www.gdalabel.org.uk/gda/gda_values.aspx

http://evidencemag.com/simple-weight-loss/

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/872212-you-re-probably-eating-more-than-you-think
  • Jbarbo01
    Jbarbo01 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary and Im confused why you're frustrated. You ate 100 grams of sugar one day. Your diet is almost entirely processed food and you've been very inconsistent with your tracking. I really feel for the person who is eating clean, eating enough, and exercising their butt off for a month without any losses but not someone who is eating fast food every day and hasn't been logging consistently. Cut out of the sugar and processed crap, track your food consistently for at least two weeks before expecting a loss, drink only water for liquids (no soda, that stuff is poison, not even good in moderation), and eat all your calories but eat nutritious whole foods. Not protein powders, not power bars, or pizza. Fruit, vegetables, whole grains, meat, legumes, in their whole forms. You will see a loss. I guarantee it.

pot/kettle

Fair enough, recently I've been off the wagon and still tracking naughty foods for honesty sake. When Im eating crap though I dont complain and wonder why Im not losing weight. I know exactly why and its because I eat things like easter eggs, pasta, and pizza. When I am doing the things I gave advice to this girl for, I lose weight fantastically so I try to pass on what has worked for me when Im focused.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

pot/kettle

Fair enough, recently I've been off the wagon and still tracking naughty foods for honesty sake. When Im eating crap though I dont complain and wonder why Im not losing weight. I know exactly why and its because I eat things like easter eggs, pasta, and pizza. When I am doing the things I gave advice to this girl for, I lose weight fantastically so I try to pass on what has worked for me when Im focused.

I eat things like easter eggs, pasta, and pizza. And lose weight.

It's not magic.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options

pot/kettle

I eat pizza, pasta, chocolate, and haven't had any issues losing weight. You aren't losing weight because both you and the OP don't track accurately
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Despite the awesome guns, cmeirun is *so* not a he.

Fixed! Sorry cmeirun :(

S'ok. The gun show does it every time *pew pew*
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options

pot/kettle

I eat pizza, pasta, chocolate, and haven't had any issues losing weight. You aren't losing weight because both you and the OP don't track accurately

Yes, this. X2

Also, what's a "naughty" food? Do you sent it to the corner?
  • SpencersHeart
    SpencersHeart Posts: 170 Member
    Options

pot/kettle

There's no wagon to fall off of if you keep all foods within your calorie goals. :flowerforyou:
  • gwencakes
    gwencakes Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? My nutritionist told me to go for 1300 a day. I'm 5' 7", 204 lbs. Maybe 1300 is too much for you..?

The OP won't know if 1300 is too much until they actually ensure they are eating only 1300 with accurate logging of intake.

Good Point!! I am logging EVERYTHING
  • gwencakes
    gwencakes Posts: 15 Member
    Options

I am 5 ft 8 (not a lot different to 5 ft7) and about 170 lbs. I can lose weight averaging 1800 net per day. At 204 lbs, your TDEE is probably higher than mine.

1300 is not too much for the OP, they are probably just not weighing correctly. Eyeballing is the worst thing for that!

Haha. The *kitten*!! Actually I'm not hungry on 1300. I was eating only around 1100 and the app was telling me I'm not eating enough and I have to get in my calories. If I'm not hungry that doesn't seem right to me...but I'm trying to get it in!
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options

I eat all those things and lose, too. But to be fair, you can track accurately and still not lose, if you're not eating at a deficit. That was me, from about Dec. 15 through Jan. 7, and again from March 6-22 while I was in France (because really, why try to lose weight while in France for 2 weeks?!). But I knew exactly why: I was eating at maintenance.

Tracking accurately means that you KNOW why you're not losing.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options

pot/kettle

Same here. I track every bite. Tonight I enjoyed a ridiculous amount of Easter candy and half bottle of champagne but logging honestly I will still lose my 1.5 lb next week...
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options

Haha. The *kitten*!! Actually I'm not hungry on 1300. I was eating only around 1100 and the app was telling me I'm not eating enough and I have to get in my calories. If I'm not hungry that doesn't seem right to me...but I'm trying to get it in!

Hunger signals can get screwed up if you eat too little over a certain amount of time. Unless you have a medical issue, calculate your estimated BMR and TDEE and eat between those two numbers. After 1-2 months, see what happens. If you lose weight (but no more than 1% of your body weight per week), then great! If you gain or maintain, make sure you're logging with accurate entries (the database has a lot of incorrect entries), make sure to weigh all solids with a scale and see if you start to lose after that. If not, drop your daily calorie goal by 100 per week until you start to lose.

If you can't stomach too much physical food, eat calorie dense foods like peanut butter, ice cream and avocados. And remember, there are no "bad" foods.
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Try to ignore the constant bickering on here.

Buy a digital food scale and some measuring cups and spoons. Measure and weigh everything and log it. Then you can get an accurate picture of what you are doing.