KFC Double Down

Options

Replies

• jwooley13
    jwooley13 Posts: 243
    Options
    In case a double down wasn't enough, Domino's now makes pizza that uses fried chicken as crust. GOD HELP US ALL

http://www.salon.com/2014/04/15/dominos_just_replaced_its_pizza_crust_with_fried_chicken/
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    The KFC Double Down is AMAZEBALLS! However, Too much time on the treadmill to burn off one of those babies !!

Treadmill? Psh.

I burn that many calories by sleeping for 7 hours.
    LOL ! Now thats Talent!

Not really...

x0pwyg.png

ETA: from http://www.healthstatus.com/perl/calculator.cgi
  • VoodooSyxx
    VoodooSyxx Posts: 297
    Options
    Meh. In my heathen days I would have taken down two of these with a monster order of fries and thought nothing of it. Now? Not a chance
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    I won;t try it. I love fried chicken (and enjoy Popeye's), but KFC doesn't have enough flavor and is too greasy (and I'm on a low-carb diet mind you). I think they cut costs by using too much breading. I'll pass. But for those would enjoy this type of thing, enjoy your type of thing.

Bojangles has them all beat.
  • JoeMO
    JoeMO Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    On days that I've gone hiking, this is a possible option. I worked at KFC for five years as a kid and I still love the stuff. I love Popeye's as well. Two spicy breast, no biscuit, no side, and drink water. YUM!!
  • Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Bojangles has them all beat.

Mmm, I'll give you that one. Bojangles has the BEST fried chicken anywhere. :love:

I may just stop by the train station on the way home from work and get me a piece now. Damn it.
  • skittlesnhoney
    skittlesnhoney Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I think I had that before, but I think I had the grilled option.

You guys are better than an advertisement. If it weren't for MFP, I probably wouldn't have even known this was back! lol
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Meh. In my heathen days I would have taken down two of these with a monster order of fries and thought nothing of it. Now? Not a chance

Funny....in my heathen days, I barely hate ate all...too busy drinking and doing appetite-suppressing drugs.
  • VoodooSyxx
    VoodooSyxx Posts: 297
    Options

Funny....in my heathen days, I barely hate ate all...too busy drinking and doing appetite-suppressing drugs.

Oh there was drinking too. Lots of drinking. I was not aware that one could stop drinking Southern Comfort when there was still Southern Comfort to be drank. Mind blown.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    It appears the grilled version, from what I can find, has:

480 calories
    25 fat
    175 chol
    1770 sodium
    4 carb
    60 protein
  • myndikins
    myndikins Posts: 39
    Options
    Its healthy because it doesn't have bread, right? Anyway, that'll be my excuse >.>
  • onefortyone
    onefortyone Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I might be a weirdo but I much prefer my own home-made chicken thighs! I have had KFC a handful of times, and it's great, but it just doesn't compare, in my opinion..!
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

Oh there was drinking too. Lots of drinking. I was not aware that one could stop drinking Southern Comfort when there was still Southern Comfort to be drank. Mind blown.

My poison was vodka. A fifth of vodka is roughly 2500 calories, which is my current maintenance. I went through a fifth every few days. :ohwell:
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I had one and the chicken was extremely dry. I may try and give it another shot but I had the grilled option and would prefer to have grilled again.
  • sccet
    sccet Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    It appears the grilled version, from what I can find, has:

480 calories
    25 fat
    175 chol
    1770 sodium
    4 carb
    60 protein

I'm in.
  • k_nicole87
    k_nicole87 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I want this. And on the same day, I'll have a cheeseburger with grilled cheese sandwiches as the bun. With bacon.
  • notevenhere
    notevenhere Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    The macros aren't that bad really, over 30% protein makes it doable.... needs some bread though.
  • jellybeanhed313
    jellybeanhed313 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I didn't know it ever left the menu. I do know that they used to have a grilled chicken one and it was awesome for my low carb diet...now they only do it fried. I think here in Atlanta, its a regular menu item.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Fried chicken? Really? I make every effort to avoid anything dunked in boiling oil.
    No cheese sticks? Green tomatoes? Okra? Fritters? Hush puppies?

Id rather die.
    Okay I am busted on the green tomatoes and okra, but I did say "avoid".
  • angelicprettyy
    Options
    :sick: