Early Morning Workouts

Options
Hi all! I love getting my workouts in first thing when I wake up and before I get ready for work. I love that feeling of having it done and out of the way while I go on with the rest of my day. But for some reason, I've REALLY been struggling with getting up for those morning sessions since my SO started sleeping over regularly. He's fine with my alarm going off an hour earlier than he needs it, but for some reason I find myself hitting that snooze button a little extra and ultimately cutting into my workout time or eliminating it altogether. Does anyone have any insights or tips for me? Thanks!

Replies

• lindzgayle
    lindzgayle Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Would he be willing to get up and work out with you?

Or maybe you could wake him up for an under the sheets workout... :laugh:
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    While it's not new to me, I would much rather snuggle with my husband at 5am than get out of bed to go to the gym. However, later in the day I will regret that decision and I know that I will.

When you are laying in bed.... think about how much better you will feel if you get your butt out of bed and go! It's not instant gratification but you'll appreciate it more in the long run.

That's the only tip I have :)
  • xwewhisper
    xwewhisper Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    He's not much of a morning workout person. I just need to find a way to remind my half-asleep self how much better afternoon me will feel!
  • vs_shine
    vs_shine Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    oh, girlfriend. it's so tempting to lay in bed and snuggle!
    This is a moment for will-power!

Just think about the fact that you can hang out with him later instead of snoozin' the morning away..... plus I'm sure he likes the idea that you're active and healthy. And he'll probably respect how independent you are.

When you wake up.... think about the goals that you've set for yourself and visualize what you have to do to reach those goals.

It's going to be an independent action so you have to behave as if he isn't there; develop the routine and it'll get easier :-)