PB2.. powdered peanut butter

Options

Replies

• VoodooSyxx
    VoodooSyxx Posts: 297
    Options
    I'm obsessed. I go through 2 jars a week. I know there are some more expensive variations, but i've never tried them.

I never mix it with water to make pb though... I sprinkle it on my bananas, apple slices, dip rice cakes in it, mix it in my oatmeal, ect. It's amazing, and a lot less cals than dipping into a pb jar!

Why is everyone so obsessed with the calorie content with no regard to the health implications? Eating a natural, raw food is better for you inside and out. This diet minded society is exhausting

It exhausts you because people like to eat peanut butter often without blowing their calories or having to cut out other things? Why would you care?
  • Eric_DeCastro
    Eric_DeCastro Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I use them in my shakes but you can add water to it and make it into peanut butter. healthy choice. I love that stuff and you can get it from amazon.

Is it cheaper on amazon? I saw it wash 5 bucks at target for a smallish bottle

I bought 1lb for 11 bucks shipped
  • stmcfred
    stmcfred Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I eat a spoonful of the PB2 chocolate as a treat. I love it!
  • timetravelforfitness
    timetravelforfitness Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    It's great in chia pudding (1T chia, 1T PB2, 2 ounces liquid - coconut milk, almond milk, etc.) and in oatmeal and plain yogurt.
  • ThePinkPanda
    ThePinkPanda Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    yep! i use it in my protein shakes. it also mixes really well with plain yogurt to make a peanut butter flavored treat. just add bananas! or check out recipe #4 on this list: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/morning-nutrition-7-muscle-building-breakfasts.html

it will never replace real peanut butter for me though, i still eat that regularly.
  • HollyKarlsen
    HollyKarlsen Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yeah, what she said! Whole foods are always better.
  • xDawnsgrace
    xDawnsgrace Posts: 436
    Options
    i love it. i like putting it in protein shakes that are too sweet to tone it down a bit. i prefer the chocolate pb2 over the regular pb2 though.
  • HollyKarlsen
    HollyKarlsen Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    IMO pb2 is one of those processed foods that humans should just not have invented. Its purpose is to be low calorie. That's it. What's more important, the fuel of a food, or the calories? Peanuts and nut butters are healthy and full of good fats and protein. pb2 takes all the goodness out of it and leaves you with a powdered jar of diet crap.

That!
  • ThePinkPanda
    ThePinkPanda Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    IMO pb2 is one of those processed foods that humans should just not have invented. Its purpose is to be low calorie. That's it. What's more important, the fuel of a food, or the calories? Peanuts and nut butters are healthy and full of good fats and protein. pb2 takes all the goodness out of it and leaves you with a powdered jar of diet crap.

That!

http://www.bellplantation.com/about-us the ingredients? peanuts, salt, sugar. what do they do with the residual oils that are pressed out of it? sell the oil. do some research before you assume it's chemical-laden junk.

is it as nutritionally complete as whole nut butters? well, no. but it's convenient and mixes/bakes extremely well.
  • brookemart81
    brookemart81 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Why is everyone so obsessed with the calorie content with no regard to the health implications? Eating a natural, raw food is better for you inside and out. This diet minded society is exhausting

What health implications, exactly? Pretty sure it's just made of dehydrated peanuts with salt and sugar. The fact that it's "processed" doesn't make it evil or bad for you. Or I suppose onion powder, dried oregano, raisins, etc are bad now too, because they're dehydrated?

Yes, there are benefits to regular peanut butter. But if you just want to add some peanut flavor to a smoothie or something without bumping up your calories too high, what's wrong with that?
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I'm obsessed. I go through 2 jars a week. I know there are some more expensive variations, but i've never tried them.

I never mix it with water to make pb though... I sprinkle it on my bananas, apple slices, dip rice cakes in it, mix it in my oatmeal, ect. It's amazing, and a lot less cals than dipping into a pb jar!

Well if the girl above eats 2 jars a week, then the answer to your question is because regular peanut butter will make you fat if you eat that much of it. This being said, a lot of people love real peanut butter but can't have it because it is a trigger food and they WILL eat the entire jar. This PB2 stuff is a good alternative IMO. I don't use it often, but occasionally will add it to my chocolate protein shake if I'm feeling like PB and I want to save on calories.
  • BaDaSsBrUnEtTe
    BaDaSsBrUnEtTe Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Ive tryed both the plain and the chocolate one. I dont like it mixed with water to make pb, but i love it in my protein shakes, proyo, and oatmeal
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options

Well if the girl above eats 2 jars a week, then the answer to your question is because regular peanut butter will make you fat if you eat that much of it. This being said, a lot of people love real peanut butter but can't have it because it is a trigger food and they WILL eat the entire jar. This PB2 stuff is a good alternative IMO. I don't use it often, but occasionally will add it to my chocolate protein shake if I'm feeling like PB and I want to save on calories.

BTW, what is so BAD about this stuff anyway? I'm looking at the ingredients right now and there are 3: organic peanuts, organic coconut sugar, and sea salt.... doesn't seem so bad to me. Get off your high horse and leave the "diet minded soceiety" alone.
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    yuk
  • bloodofareptile
    bloodofareptile Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else, I use it (both the normal and the chocolate) in protein shakes. It gives a great flavor to them without adding many calories.

I've never reconstituted it, so no comment there. :)
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I've used it in protein shakes and greek yogurt. I am planning to use it in a few recipes eventually.

I like having the variery of options. I use regular pb as a spread but I don't like regular pb mixed in my protein shakes, yogurt or oatmeal but the powder works great.

And yah, I want to add it to to baked goods, which are already high in calories/fat, because it will save a few calories and fat. Big deal. If you don't like it, I won't force you to eat my delicious treats! :drinker:
  • aireeul
    aireeul Posts: 46
    Options
    I love it in smoothies, yogurt and oatmeal. Yum.
  • Charlottesometimes23
    Charlottesometimes23 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I make protein balls with it. Pb2, protein powder, cocoa powder, oats and water. Roll in coconut. Delish!
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Why not use REAL - Natural, nothing added, nothing taken away PEANUT BUTTER?
  • timetravelforfitness
    timetravelforfitness Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Why not use REAL - Natural, nothing added, nothing taken away PEANUT BUTTER?

Because it doesn't mix as well? It's the same reason I use powdered milk in some recipes. Also, taking a little fat out makes it a little safer since I've started having gallbaldder problems.