Losing weight daily, how much though?

Options
hello everyone again.. so i am back with some news from my last post..
lately i have been really depressed and stressed because of boy troubles (not sure if that has something to do with it that is why i am adding it in there)

i have been eating pre-prepared salad meals in containers. I have salad, cherry tomatos, cooked chicken and a sprinkle of Italian grated cheese on top with a drizzle of mayo. for desert or a snack i just eat a digestive biscuit dunked in condensed milk..

and i drink about 3-5 glasses of cola a day, and some soda water sometimes. no exercise other than your basic household chores or needs (toilet, walk to the shop etc)

i am losing weight daily..

i used to be 175.8lbs i am now 170.0lbs. yesterday i was 170.4lbs i am just dropping the weight .. i have no idea how ...
so how much have i lost ladies and gents? and what could be the cause of such weight loss?

thank you all for your help your all great =D

Replies

• Blue801
    Blue801 Posts: 442
    Options
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you're eating at a calorie deficit, and that sort of thing can cause this weight loss you speak of.
  • thomaszabel
    thomaszabel Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Even though the MFP calculator tells you your goal is XXXX calories, you can always manually go in there and change it. I suggest doing that - in your case add on another 100 or 200 calories and see if that works. Rinse and repeat until you find the calorie goal that is getting you your desired results (weight loss, weight maintenance, weight gain, or whatever you are looking for).
  • blackwidowpritchard
    Options
    i don't need advice on anything i just wanted to know 2 things lol

1) how much weight i have lost. (i was 175.8lbs i am now 170.0lbs)
    2) how have i lost weight without much effort at all with junk food in my diet?

• megaen29
    megaen29 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Are you asking what 175.8-170 is? Are you not able to subtract numbers?
  • tbrown1974
    tbrown1974 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Are you asking us to subtract for you? I'm not quite sure why you are asking how much. 5.8 pounds. Like another poster said, you are likely eating at a deficit and that would explain the weight loss. You are burning more calories than eating. You do burn calories without exercising. I hope this helps.
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I don't think the OP is asking how much weight she lost which is obviously 5.8 pounds. I think she is wanting to know if it is actual weight loss, like fat rather than water or muscle.

If you are not doing any kind of exercise right now, and you previously were, then you could be losing muscle mass, which is more dense than fat.

Also, you could be eating less than you think just because you are depressed. It doesn't matter what you eat, a calorie is a calorie - no matter what the nay-sayers will say. So if you consumed roughly 1500 calories a day and your body needs 1800 to maintain, then you would have lost weight, regardless of what kind of food/drink you consumed. Plus there isn't much calories in salads minus the dressing.

I would say to fight off this depression, get moving - go for a daily walk/jog, or do what ever exercise you enjoy. Exercise can be the best medicine for depression, and will ensure it's not muscle mass you're losing.

(Edited for spelling errors)
  • onefortyone
    onefortyone Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I just re-started my weight loss, and I have shed 5.5lbs this week just by staying at my calorie limit, upping my water intake, and slowly adding exercise. I can tell you that I have not burned 19,250 calories in 7 days, so I have definitely not lost 5.5lbs of fat. We are losing water weight, perhaps a little bit of fat. It will not last, it is not this easy. I imagine when my water levels stabilise, I will be losing 1lb a week, which is what my goal is set at :)

Hope this helps! And take the loss as a kick-start to a healthy lifestyle. And for heaven's sake eat something!
  • bshot1
    bshot1 Posts: 44
    Options
    Weight loss for the most part is just calories in/out, there are a few exceptions. You could essentially eat fruit rollups and twinkies every day and lose weight if you wanted to, it's not advisable though.

Your diet sounds fine though, only suggestion I would make is don't drink soda if they are adding to your calories, instead use those calories elsewhere.
  • loubidy
    loubidy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Your only eating 6-800kcals a day?! EAT WOMAN! EAT!
  • ZombieEarhart
    ZombieEarhart Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I don't think the OP is asking how much weight she lost which is obviously 5.8 pounds. I think she is wanting to know if it is actual weight loss, like fat rather than water or muscle.

If you are not doing any kind of exercise right now, and you previously were, then you could be losing muscle mass, which is more dense than fat.

Also, you could be eating less than you think just because you are depressed. It doesn't matter what you eat, a calorie is a calorie - no matter what the nay-sayers will say. So if you consumed roughly 1500 calories a day and your body needs 1800 to maintain, then you would have lost weight, regardless of what kind of food/drink you consumed. Plus there isn't much calories in salads minus the dressing.

I would say to fight off this depression, get moving - go for a daily walk/jog, or do what ever exercise you enjoy. Exercise can be the best medicine for depression, and will ensure it's not muscle mass you're losing.

thank you this really helped i think i am consuming about 600-800 cals per day to be honest o.o i could be losing muscle mass but i dont mind burning off some muscle it will make me look less butch. which is what i am going for.. i am naturally curvy so any muscle will make me look ... big lol

Oh for ****s sake. :/

ETA: whatever your personal issues may be, try not to **** on women who want muscles, or women who dig the "butch" look. Muscle is good for you, ok. It's good for you.
  • tbrown1974
    tbrown1974 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks for clarifying mxmkenney. I'm new to calorie counting so I wasn't sure what the OP was asking.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    You are losing water daily not actual fat. It also sounds like you are eating very low calories, which is not good. Once you up your calorie goal you will gain all that lost water weight back.

By the way, someone who is 170 pounds needs to eat more than 1200, 1300, or even 1400 calories a day to still lose weight. Excess restriction of food is never good.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options

thank you this really helped i think i am consuming about 600-800 cals per day to be honest o.o i could be losing muscle mass but i dont mind burning off some muscle it will make me look less butch. which is what i am going for.. i am naturally curvy so any muscle will make me look ... big lol
    To be very blunt, eating that few calories is a road paved with self destruction.

You won't get any muscle with that diet or any diet. You lift weights to get muscle, and you can't get it at a calorie deficit. You must eat at maintenance or more to gain muscle, and it take FOREVER.

FYI- the mods will soon delete this thread because they do not support very low calorie diets.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders

a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote, glamorize, or achieve dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.
    c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.
    d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal.

MyFitnessPal strongly recommends that anyone suffering from the symptoms of Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia, or Compulsive eating make use of the resources offered by the National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders. You may reach the ANAD hotline by phone in the US: 847-831-3438 (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, Central Time) or on the web at http://www.anad.org/site/anadweb/

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

Thanks for your understanding,
    CyberEd312
    MyFitnessPal Moderator
This discussion has been closed.