losing a jean size..

Options

Replies

• levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I lost about 75 lbs total and went from an Old Navy pant size 14-16 to 2. That said, I didn't really start dropping sizes until I'd lost the first 35 ish lbs or so. Seemed like an eternity before I started needing new clothes, then like I was constantly having to replace them!

This is where I'm at. I've lost 24 lbs but am still wearing pants I wore when I began. They fit much better now, but stretchy jeans can be very forgiving. I've been a 7/8 from 176-153. But at least I'm living cameltoe free these days :blushing: . I imagine in 10 lbs that I will be able to fit a 5/6.
  • missabeez
    missabeez Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I started above 200 and refused to buy new jeans. I was living in my work out pants thank goodness I was writing weekends.

25 pounds later and I'm in my 10s and 12s. Today I'm wearing 8s but they are really stretchy and from the grocery store lol.

Yesterday I tried on some 8s from American eagle and they wouldn't go past my thighs. But then the pair of ae 8s I have at home are just about ready to be worn. Another 5 pounds and I'll be wearing them out.

Jeans are weird. Size charts tell me I should be wearing 14 based on my measurements, but I swim in them... So strange.
  • missabeez
    missabeez Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Switch brands. For instance, switch from a Gap size 6 to Chico's size 0. LOL

Seriously?? What if you are smaller than 4??
  • aprilflower18232
    aprilflower18232 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I started out a size 26....I'm now a 16...it was probably a good 20-30 pounds before I went down a size.....
  • Rainboots80
    Rainboots80 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    It took me 30 pounds to go down a size but then 5 pounds after that I went down another size.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3.5" . Started at 170 lbs in a size 16 jeans. I'm now 116 lbs and nothing fits lol. I've got a small waist but nice sized thighs. So shorts I can wear a 0 or 1 but I'm stuck in 2s and belts for jeans.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I wear 22s that are quite loose on me now, but 20s are hit or miss. Pants I tried on last weekend were too snug in the thighs, but the jeans I bought and wore yesterday felt great. And this is after 20 pounds.
  • jbugiel
    jbugiel Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I was a size 42, and they were tight, I'm now in size 40, fairly comfortably. Also depends on the manufacturer, but most 40's fit me fine now. I've lost about 15 lbs. to change pant sizes. I had kept all my old pants for some reason when I gained weight. Maybe thinking when I lost weight I could fit back into them. Good thinking I guess. It would be great to get down to like 36 or 34 in pants size. Not sure if any smaller, I was a size 34 in high school, but my pants sizes have always been kinda big compared to others, maybe cuz I'm 6'4" and have a big waist, IDK. I wasn't fat in high school, does that seem normal to anyone?
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    It depends on a lot of different things. It took 20 lbs to drop from one to the next, but I also think that was because they were too tight to start with. The jeans I bought to replace them, are loose, even with a belt now, after another 5-7 lbs. I still wear them, but they look a little slouchy. So, its really hard to just give a range.

Eta: it also definitely depends on the manufacturer, and even then different styles of jeans can have different sizing. I gauge my jean size progress by the same manufacturer, and the same fit. In other types, styles, I could go up or down a size because of the fit.
  • Bounce4
    Bounce4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different.

This is one of the hardest parts of weight loss for me. I lose weight - nothing changes. I want to *see* something. I started at a loose 18 and I'm still wearing those and have a couple lose 16's. I've lost 37lbs and 1 measly inch off my waist. I'm not a 14 yet. I just tried some on today :( I so desperately just want to be a smaller person. I will never be small. I just want to be small-er. lol.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options

I wasn't being serious. I was being funny, pointing out the size discrepancies from different manufacturers. If you wear a 4, I don't think you can wear Chico's clothes. They tend to run on the large side. I'm a 6 and usually can get into their 0s. My other joke is if you want to feel skinny, go to Wal-Mart and try their clothes on. They usually run at least 1 to 2 sizes smaller than anyone else; my mom shops there and even the extra small is too big for her, and she's around a 6-8.

I'll bet most of us have a closet full of pants from different manufacturers that fit us, but that are different sizes.
  • Poprocket_2012
    Options
    I find for every 14 pounds I lose, I drop another jean size
  • princessnuriko
    princessnuriko Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I lost 25 pounds. So I went from a size 12 to a size 8.
  • Kixshots
    Kixshots Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    It's incredibly slow for me to lose a jean size because most of my fat accumulates around my hips and thighs... I say about ever 20lbs I go down a jean size XD ;-;
  • fgrice11
    fgrice11 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've lost 29 lbs since January, I'm 5'1 and went from a 16 and very tight 14 to size 12's that I just bought yesterday and they fit wonderfully:smile:
    So for me it looks like ~15lbs a size
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Ive gone from a 36" waist to 32" slim cut jeans in total, so by goal Im looking at maybe 30" slim jeans.
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I started at 250lbs and was a tight 20... Now I'm 214 and a tight 16. The last time I was down at 205 I was a tight 14.

Right now at 214 my hips are 45", waist 39".
  • MickeyCastello
    Options
    When I was 216, a 38" waist was starting to get pretty tight, and I was thinking I should go to 40s. Now that I'm down to 150 - 160, I can wear 30" waist pants, but feel more comfortable tucking my shirts in in 32s. I can't remember how long each step took; that was over two years ago.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options

I wasn't being serious. I was being funny, pointing out the size discrepancies from different manufacturers. If you wear a 4, I don't think you can wear Chico's clothes. They tend to run on the large side. I'm a 6 and usually can get into their 0s. My other joke is if you want to feel skinny, go to Wal-Mart and try their clothes on. They usually run at least 1 to 2 sizes smaller than anyone else; my mom shops there and even the extra small is too big for her, and she's around a 6-8.

I'll bet most of us have a closet full of pants from different manufacturers that fit us, but that are different sizes.

I agree with you on the inconsistence in sizing these days, even in the same brand. I am fan of J.crew, and I own their pants from 0 to 8...I dont know what the quality control means to these companies nowadays. I find even same style different color/print makes difference in sizes too. I shop at nordstrom as well and some european brands I can't even fit in the largest while I can wear the smallest in others.
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    i'm just curious how long or how much weight it took before you lost a jean size? I realize that everyone is different.. but i'm just curious because one of my biggest goals is to fit into a pair of jeans that is far too small for me!
    I am wearing a size 20 jean. I lost 22lbs and the jeans are baggy on me. My hips lost 3 inches and my waist lost 4, but I tried on 18's at Ross and they were tight. I got discouraged and haven't tried to see if anything else fit since than. The 20's were from Walmart and the jeans from Ross, might have been junior sizes and were a skinny cut. Still too traumatized to try again right now. I freaking hate shopping for clothing.