Loose belly skin after twins!

Options
Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone out there has had twins, and gotten their stomach back to normal. I gained 75 pounds in my pregnancy, and lost it all. But even at my goal weight, my belly has a lot of loose skin. I keep hearing that you can tighten it up, but no matter how many crunches I do nothings working. Any suggestions?? Thanks :)

Replies

• Geralde83
    Geralde83 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm also a twin mam. 2 girls, will turn 6 in December :D
    I gained as much weight as you did in your pregnancy ;) And I lost it all, except for my belly. It's still some loose skin. I'm afraid it will never be the same as it used to be. And I struggled with it for a few years, but I've totally excepted it now.
    Yesterday I was looking at some before and after pictures of tummy tucks (did I spell that right?) And I realised, my belly isn't that bad. (the pictures where just from regular weight gain, not pregnancy)
    And our bodies did go through a lot to get those kids! :D How old are your kids?
    Greets from Holland :)
  • twonkieone
    twonkieone Posts: 132
    Options
    ok - i did not have twins....but had 5 kids in 10 years so i totally understand what you're talking about! i have abs underneath the flab but can't get rid of it. figured surgery was the only option -- i joined your thread to see if someone knows otherwise!!!
  • slepygrl
    slepygrl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I'm a twin Mom too. WTG!!!! on losing all the baby weight!! That's fantastic. Some of the belly skin could still firm up. But most of it is gonna stick around. I'm sorry.

I think MoM's (Mothers of Multiples) should get a free tummy tuck after having babies.
    :-)
  • momjmd
    momjmd Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Remember when my twins were being born by Csection, laying there thinking that this would have been a perfect time for them to go ahead and do a tummy tuck.

Congrats on losing the weight. I still have a long way to go (but cannot blame my 6 yr old twins on the problem anymore). :)
  • fitbum19
    fitbum19 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I am not a mom, but I have a good friend that was in your situation. Her solution was a tummy tuck. it went well, and not you can't even tell she ever had kids!! and she was HUGE when she was pregnant. she dealt with it for years and finally went under the knife. best decision she says she has ever made!
  • KikiD22
    KikiD22 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, like the poster above said, if it truly is loose skin (and not excess fat), tummy tuck is your only option. No exercise in the world is going to get rid of actual loose skin. I know. I lost 90 pounds about 10 years ago, had a tummy tuck but had complications, and I still have loose skin in the center of my abdomen. I am extremely lean for a woman, being a figure competitor, and even right now, at my leanest right before competition at about 12% bodyfat, I still have a "flabby" appearance to part of my abs because of the excess skin. Thank goodness competition tan hides most of it.
  • jessimurph
    jessimurph Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm not a twin mom, but my daughter was 9lbs and then my 4 month old son was 12lbs at birth so I was pretty much carrying two ;). My belly looks rough. It's depressing for me. I don't even like to have my shirt off in front of my hubby although he is so sweet about it. I struggle with this daily.
  • tam_a_ram_a
    tam_a_ram_a Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm a twin mom plus two more. My twins are 12. My first child was natural birth, but the twins and my youngest were both c-sections. I have crazy loose skin on my tummy. I wear a size 6 to an 8, but with all the loose skin, I always have this bulge in my pants that looks weird. I've lost close to 60 pounds over the past few months, so I know that makes the skin worse.
    I've heard it can take up to two years for your skin to go back. I can literally do the tongue flap scene from Click. It's really gross. And when I do anything on my hands and knees, I have this huge sag. It's quite frustrating.
  • Kellikat80
    Kellikat80 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I am not a mother of twins, but I did gain a lot of weight for both of my pregnancies. I was under weight to begin with and gained 60 and 70 lbs (2 kids). I lost the weight fairly easily and went back to a normal size for me. I have been so upset by the way my belly looks. I had tons of stretch marks (all over my body), loose, skin, and a little fat that doesn't seem to ever go away. I haven't come to terms with it. I hate my belly. When I bend over it hangs and wrinkles, it's horrible. Plus, to make matters worse, I have some sort of a growth above my belly button. It's large (1") and it hurts too. And a hernia behind my belly button, that isn't visible. I remember before pregnancy, my belly was my favorite part of my body, now I want to hide it. Ahh, it feels good to vent.
  • knixon77
    Options
    I know how you feel! My twins are 2.5 years old and my stomach still depresses me. I too gained 70 with the girls and lost 80 lbs. It’s horrible when I'm bloated and I look 4 months pregnant. As I was staring at a finishers photo and I was completely depressed by my stomach. And the sad thing was I was under goal weight plus 18.5 % body fat and all I could see was the huge roll around my midsection.

Just know you aren’t alone
  • vanessasmith9
    vanessasmith9 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I thought there was nothing I could do but have surgery also! After eating healthy and staying active that lose skin just hangs there like a deflated balloon! It's depressing! Then I found these wraps that have changed my life! I've done four wraps and have tightened up the skin a lot!!! They work and they have given me hope!
  • rlkilgo
    rlkilgo Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I thought there was nothing I could do but have surgery also! After eating healthy and staying active that lose skin just hangs there like a deflated balloon! It's depressing! Then I found these wraps that have changed my life! I've done four wraps and have tightened up the skin a lot!!! They work and they have given me hope!

To:vanessasmith9
    What kind of wraps? I saw something on tv about wearing wraps and that they help the stomach area.
    Thanks you.

Rachel from Alabama
  • vanessasmith9
    vanessasmith9 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    They are called It Works! ultimate body applicators. They come in a box of four wraps because four wraps is considered a full treatment. You can put it on any targeted area from the chin down and it tones, tightens, and firms the skin in 45 minutes. I lost an inch on my first wrap and 2 inches on my second. You have to drink a lot of water because it is a detox, breaks up toxins in the fat cells and you flush them out by drinking lots of water. You maintain results by eating healthy and staying active! It's the bomb! After using them I decided to start selling them because they have totally changed my life and I wanted to help others who were feeling hopeless like I did.
  • summerlinbeachbody
    Options
    I had twin boys 2 years ago and It Works! wraps helped me too. Both of my boys were 6 pounds and I gained 70 pounds...

If you see this board, check out my website.

www.skinnytwinmom.myitworks.com

If you want to talk, please let me know. I have personal pics I can share, etc...

I really want to get a twin Mom team together for this product because I thought my stomach had no hope a year ago.

Send me a direct email if you want a quick response. Good luck all you twin MoMs. I love my boys!

skinnytwinmom@gmail.com
  • jjanay100
    jjanay100 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I had this exact same question!! Although I still have 10 pound or more to lose I can already tell my belly is not going to be flat. There Is a lot of wrinkly, saggy skin. My twins are 1 and I got to my pre pregnancy weight in the fall and now am just trying to get to my goal weight. My girls were born at 30 weeks so I didn't gain too much, probably the same as I did with my son. We also had TTTS which seems to make it hard to gain weight. I was hoping to hear some positive success stories but it's not looking too promising!!
  • kmclauchlanquinn
    kmclauchlanquinn Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Remember when my twins were being born by Csection, laying there thinking that this would have been a perfect time for them to go ahead and do a tummy tuck.

Congrats on losing the weight. I still have a long way to go (but cannot blame my 6 yr old twins on the problem anymore). :)

Yes!!!! The tummy tuck should be automatic with a c-section. Always thought that :)
  • summerlinbeachbody
    Options
    My belly got back to normal but a little loose skin. Stay positive. I felt like you a year ago but plan to rock a bikini this summer! Message me
    skinnytwinmom@gmail.com
  • amberbrady68
    amberbrady68 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    They are called It Works! ultimate body applicators. They come in a box of four wraps because four wraps is considered a full treatment. You can put it on any targeted area from the chin down and it tones, tightens, and firms the skin in 45 minutes. I lost an inch on my first wrap and 2 inches on my second. You have to drink a lot of water because it is a detox, breaks up toxins in the fat cells and you flush them out by drinking lots of water. You maintain results by eating healthy and staying active! It's the bomb! After using them I decided to start selling them because they have totally changed my life and I wanted to help others who were feeling hopeless like I did.

I used them as well an they didn't work for me i ask my Dr why wasn't it going away she said that my belly button dropped an that i needed only a reconstruction on the belly button no tuck nothing just a belly button lift an my belly ring sags so bad it looks 😝 gross