Possible Injury or Sore Muscles? Advice please.

Options
I'm on day 16 of Insanity and for the past two days i've had a niggling pain in my hip on the left side that radiates down below my bum and when doing doing the jogging, butt kicks and similar exercise makes it more painful. I've also noticed when stretching i get a pain down the back of that thigh and the inside of my thigh now has a massive black bruise and i've no idea where it came from or if it's related. Tonight was particularly difficult as it was plyometric cardio and i found i couldn't exercise to my fullest potential due to it hurting as well as feeling weaker.

I know none of you are doctors but i know a lot of you have completed Insanity and will have came across various muscle aches and pains throughout your Journey's. So i was wondering if you think it's just simply sore muscles or possibly something worse and what you'd advise for it?

Thankyou.

Replies

• ericarenee2005
    Options
    Also, if you begin to feel a lot of pressure or pain in a bruised part of your body, you could be suffering from compartment syndrome. This happens when pressure increases on the soft tissue and structure underneath your skin and reduces the flow of blood and oxygen to tissues. This condition could be life threatening, so be sure to contact a medical professional immediately.

That's what I found. Anyway, I think it would be best to get it checked out. At first it sounded like a pinched nerve to me but I'm not sure about the bruise showing up in the same spot.
  • dt3312
    dt3312 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Do you think it could be sciatica? I have no idea if this is what your problem might be. But this is my experience: I used to have a pain that radiated from the middle of my left side of my butt down the side (and a little towards the back) of my leg. The regular dr said to take it easy and take ibuprophen. The chiropractor traced it to this: My right arch was flattened out in a spasm, which cause my right knee to twist, whch cause my lower back to twist, which caused my sciatic nerve to be pinched. He did an adjustment to get my right arch out of the spasm. The knee corrected itself. He adjusted my low back. Then I was OK.
  • LarDoucheLar
    LarDoucheLar Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Thankyou both for such quick responses and both very informative.

ericarenee200 - I've never heard of compartment syndrome but i will definitely get it checked out as i'd rather be safe than sorry so thankyou very much for your help. :)

dt3312 - Sciatica runs in my family (not sure whether it's genetic but alot of family members have it) and i only ever experienced it in pregnancy with my son and the pain wasn't like this but i guess there's many different variations as it can effect different parts. So i think i'll be best just to go get seen and checked out and maybe they can get to the bottom of it. Thankyou so much for your help :) i never even considered that a possibility until now.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    hellooooooo sciatica