Low energy some days - diet related?

Options
I've noticed that some days I have poor energy, even though I always make myself exercise almost every day, I just notice I feel a bit tired and flat and find going to work or doing house work tiring. I'm wondering if possibly my diet is lacking something since I've started losing weight. I would really love to have more energy.

Just a quick overview of a typical day for me (note, I am a vegetarian, always have been, never been a problem before)

Breakfast: Small bowl of muesli (home-made and full of goodness like seeds, nuts, dried fruit and linseed) with a banana or a pear, and a cup of ordinary tea with fortified oat milk instead of real milk.

Lunch: Either a slice of toast with mushroom pate, half an avocado and a handful of fresh alfalfa sprouts, or two ryveta rye crackers with the same, sometimes I will put a few slices of very thin cheese on. I often have another piece of fruit like a clementine. About once a week I might have a fried or poached egg on a slice of toast as a treat.

Dinner: Normally a carb (pasta or potato or rice or noodles) with vegetables (or a salad) - often there will also be a vegetarian replacement for meat or pulses of some kind.

I rarely eat dessert and I don't drink tea in the evenings. I probably drink two - three cups of tea a day, plus a pint glass of water.

I've thought made it's that I don't eat enough protein or that I don't drink enough water?

Replies

• EvanElric
    EvanElric Posts: 34
    Options
    Do you know how many calories you're having in a day?
  • JojoEffeckt164
    JojoEffeckt164 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    i started feeling dizzy, cold, sick and weak when I started eating fat reduced jogurth with cereals and fruits in the morning. I didn´t know for a long while what the heck was wrong. Than i switched back to whole grain bread with stuff on it and I immediately felt healthy again. Even though both meals had pretty much the same amount of calories!

I came to the conclusion that my body needs carbs in the morning. No matter what!
  • asciiqwerty
    asciiqwerty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    As your diary isn't open it's hard to say. But you may not be eating enough.

I track my workouts on endomondo and mfp. I noticed as I started to manage my food intake and limit my calories that I was getting tired more quickly in hte pool and neither sweimming as far or as fast as I was when i was much heavier. I put this down to having re-balanced (in a good way) my macros, and the resulting reduction in carbs i was eating.

Now on swim days I try to eat a banana about an hour before I swim and I notice a difference.