Woman Eats 30,000 calorie Christmas dinner

Options
Apologies if anyone had already posted this - but i just had to share. It made my jaw drop.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/body-soul/donna-simpson-ate-30000-calorie-christmas-dinner/story-e6frfotr-1225976731223

A WOMAN who hopes to become the fattest woman in the world is now 30,000 calories closer to her 453.5kg (1000lb) goal with a festive feast that could have fed dozens of people.

Donna Simpson, who weights 292kg, sat in a reinforced metal chair, chowed down on the world's biggest Christmas dinner as she ate for two straight hours.

The single mother-of-two, from New Jersey in the US, tucked into two 11kg (25lb) turkeys, two maple-glazed hams, 6.8kg (15lbs) of potatoes - 4.5kg (10lbs) roast, 2.3kg (5lbs) mashed, five loaves of bread, 2.3kg of herb stuffing, three litres of gravy, three litres of cranberry dressing and an astonishing 9kg (20lbs) of vegetables.

After polishing off her enormous main course, she still had room for dessert and ate a "salad" made of marshmallow, cream cheese, whipped cream and cookies.

Simpson's two children, Devin, 14, and Jacqueline, three, enjoyed a more modest feast.

The 157.5cm tall Simpson defended her meal, saying: "I eat as much as I want, whenever I want but at this time of year I really go all out.

"Christmas should give you carte blanche to do whatever you want."

Simpson, who insists she is healthy, told the Sunday Mirror newspaper in the UK: "People who feel guilty about eating are hilarious.'

She makes a living from being fat, getting paid to make public appearances and keeping a website where people can pay to watch her eat.

Already a Guinness world record holder for being the largest woman to ever give birth, Simpson hopes to gain 160kg (25 stone) more and officially become the fattest woman in the world.

She got the Guinness World Record as the world's fattest mother, when she gave birth in 2007 weighing 241kg (38 stone).

She needed a team of 30 medics to deliver her daughter Jacqueline during a high-risk Caesarean birth.

Simpson met Jacqueline's father Philippe on a dating site for plus-size people, even though he weighed only 63.5 kg (10 stone). He supported her 12,000-calorie a day diet and was a "belly man" who loved her enormous shape.

Replies

• TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    Why?

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY!?

And I'm pretty sure that is the question her children will eventually ask when she dies an obesity related death.
  • ThoughtsOfBelle
    ThoughtsOfBelle Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I know. But she's "healthy"!
    Argh. Just makes me angry, really.
  • pen282
    pen282 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    On my - that is insane!
    I have never understood why anyone would want a record as the fattest person.. it's not something to be proud of!
    as for saying she 'healthy'.... i seriously doubt that.
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,300 Member
    Options
    Absoultely incredable. How can any mother want to eat herself to death before her child starts school?
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I read a story on her last year...I'm honestly surprised she is still alive.
  • SandraMay1982
    Options
    that. I. MY GOD. she's more than TWO of me and wants to be like FOUR of me ><

I want to throw the FFFFF word in there. but HOLY CRAP!

you can't aspire to be that and be considered a "healthy" person. no way in the world. My father is 180kgs and his heart is actually growing and the muscles around it are hardening.
  • mekhala
    mekhala Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    makes me feel a bit queezy
  • castearns1
    Options
    Truly sickening! It's sad to know there are people out there that are so blind.
  • jamaka1
    jamaka1 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    america is the land of the free and sometimes i think some ppl abuse that. when she's sick and disabled who has to pay for health insurance for her? i have to work so hard and someone like this who doesn't care anything about herself or her kids. i'm so sorry for those poor kids because the sad part is that she probably live a long miserable life and burden those poor kids. SHE IS SICK, BUT THOSE WHO PAY 2 SEE HER ARE EVEN SICKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • nikkijennings
    nikkijennings Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm sure in the UK that Social Services would have been called to take poor Jacqueline away!!!!

I did not that it said she was single even thought the father of the child was "only 10st" and "supported her" eating habits...... he may well be a single parent himself when the mother of his child passes away because of a weight related issue..... ridiculous :explode:
  • jaded_rose
    jaded_rose Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    My husband told me about her yesterday and I felt sick just hearing what she ate. And she says she "healthy"?! I just don't want to pay for her medical bills when she pays for all this weight she putting on. How can people pay her to see her eat?! And what is she teaching her kids? I've heard of parents getting in legal trouble for their kids weighing too much, and she wants to be heavier?
  • life1979_24
    life1979_24 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    wow it takes all kinds to make world go around
    i want to cry now... but not for her..shes happy with her life choices :rolleyes:
    i think we would all be more understanding if she had the goal to get fat then re lose the pounds
  • below200
    Options
    so sad for her children ...when she is no longer here.
  • brittlynne3579
    brittlynne3579 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    So many things you could be famous for. How about donating all that extra food to families that need it instead of over indulging for publicity!! Makes me VERY angry :mad:
  • qtwells82
    Options
    Simpson, who insists she is healthy, told the Sunday Mirror newspaper in the UK: "People who feel guilty about eating are hilarious.'

This part of the article disgusts me. She's healthy? She is putting food and wealth before her own children. Revolting.
    I heard about her last year and after hearing what her main course for Christmas was, it just angers me.

Best way to explain it....she is a pig. :sick:
    Sorry if its harsh...
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I did not that it said she was single even thought the father of the child was "only 10st" and "supported her" eating habits...... he may well be a single parent himself when the mother of his child passes away because of a weight related issue..... ridiculous :explode:

Everything in the article pointed to him no longer being there. "He was a belly man". He must not care for his child at all to let her grow up in a house with the mother. It breaks my heart to think of them sitting there watching her eat. I think I am going to go :sick:
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    This makes me angry. WOW Her child will be known for the kid who was given birth to in the world record books by the fattest woman. How f'n selfish.
  • vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I agree with all of the other posts about this woman. I guess I do have a question, though. If she is so healthy, why did she need a team of 30 doctors to help her deliver child c-section. Obviously the large quantity of fat obstructed a normal vaginal birth and it appears it also had a negative impact on the c-section birth of her daughter. That, my friends, is NOT HEALTHY. This woman is a heart attack waiting to happen. As her heart struggles to pump blood to all of her vital organs and through her body with each increasing pound the heart will have to work even harder. She will be reducing her life expectancy significantly if she continues to gain weight and she certainly won't be alive to share in her children and the lives of her grandchildren. So very sad that someone hasn't stopped her from doing this to herself - so destructive.
  • Lil_Leah
    Lil_Leah Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    :indifferent:
  • NYIceQueen
    NYIceQueen Posts: 1,423
    Options
    Her poor family....wow... She needs help