Anyone done a cleanse?

Options
Hello! Just curious if anyone has done a cleanse before? If so, which one did you do and what did you think? Was thinking of doing the Ultimate Reset cleanse from Beachbody but wanted to see what thoughts were! Anyone want to try it with me? Thanks all! :)

Replies

• JulsiePie
    JulsiePie Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hey - I recommend using the MFP search tool to look up various threads about cleanses. You'll find great info there.

I've never done one, and I don't think there's any point to them because your body is a cleansing machine already.

Good luck on your health and fitness goals :)
  • tkallday_96
    Options
    Try the 10 day green smoothie cleanse. It's absolutely amazing. They have a Facebook page.
  • kdawwg
    kdawwg Posts: 14
    Options
    Thanks!
  • jgross1789
    jgross1789 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just finished The Cleaner and I loved it. It was not to harsh.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Everyone_Poops.jpg
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    I've had a lot of success with this cleanse...

issues-with-soap.jpg
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    EveryonePoopsBook.jpg
  • sonyapowell
    sonyapowell Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I drink it work's greens everyday, also take Confianza everyday from it work's both detox. I did a 21 day cleanse called the Daniel Fast the first of Feb. and had only modified it slightly since by adding fish and eggs. I feel better than ever!!!! my rheumatologist has wanted me to do this for years. I have RA and IBS, diabetes and my labs just came back stunningly improved!!!!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I take showers.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    EveryonePoopsBook.jpg

Totes beat you.
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    EveryonePoopsBook.jpg

Totes beat you.

3gvJs9O.gif
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Curious what exactly you are trying to cleanse.
  • rocky503
    rocky503 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Just say NO!
  • Murphy0126
    Murphy0126 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I had a double cheeseburger, french fries, gravy, and coleslaw the other day.

Cleaned me right out about 3 hours later.

Best.... cleanse.... ever.

Your liver is also a cleansing superstar.

Rob
  • kdawwg
    kdawwg Posts: 14
    Options
    Ha! These posts have cracked me up, thanks guys! I'll try soap and showers ;) I thinking of trying the Ultimate Reset by beachbody. It is a cleanse that helps get rid of toxins and crap from your body and bascially resets your body and your cravings, healthy, etc...
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/the-detox-scam-how-to-spot-it-and-how-to-avoid-it/

Cleanses are completely unnecessary and potentially dangerous.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Ha! These posts have cracked me up, thanks guys! I'll try soap and showers ;) I thinking of trying the Ultimate Reset by beachbody. It is a cleanse that helps get rid of toxins and crap from your body and bascially resets your body and your cravings, healthy, etc...

Toxins and cleanse are marketing words to get you to buy a product. Your body cleanse itself well. The Ultimate Reset will not clean anything out of you that your body doesn't already clean out itself. It will not reset your body. It will not reduce your cravings. It will not magically make you healthy.

The best cleanse you can do is to eat less processed foods. Eat more lean meats, fruits and vegetables. Drink water.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options

No, it doesn't do any of those things, which is why people make fun of them.
  • tgmichelleee
    tgmichelleee Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Green smoothies, juice fasting, and raw vegan -- I've found them to be highly beneficial and I try to incorporate them into my diet now, but in itself they're a great detox.

Personally, I'm not one to buy specific products for cleansing and I'm always a little skeptical of them tbh, but in my opinion fruits and vegetables (especially in their raw state) are hands down the best cleansers
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Could you please name a couple of the toxins? .. or even one? You would make lots and lots of people happy on here if you could name just one toxin.