Favorite 400 calorie or less meals?

Options

Replies

• culch171
    culch171 Posts: 1
    Options
    One of my favorites is candied butternut squash using simply I Can't believe its not butter (3TBS) and a mixture of splenda and cinnamon with about 3 lbs of baked squash using 0 Cal non-fat cooking spray. This will make about 7 1/2 cup servings (136 cal each) that goes great with anything.

Also enjoy loaded baked potatoes using 1/2 of Russet potato w/ crumbled turkey bacon, low fat sour cream, steamed broccoli, sauteed mushrooms and onions with some spray butter imitation salt / pepper with a little bit of cheddar cheese.

Turkey Tacos w/ wheat tortillas are great with fresh diced tomato /onion / jalapeno and low fat sour cream. Served with 3/4 cup natural brown rice two tacos and rice will put you right around 400 calories for a meal.

Take non-fat frozen vanilla yogurt 1/2 cup mix in a tbs of strawberry jam / tbs of Hershey chocolate chips / and 1 banana for a healthy banana split
  • wehave4
    wehave4 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Black Bean Salsa:

2 (15 oz.) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
    1 (17 oz.) package frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
    2 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
    1 sm. onion, diced (I prefer red onion)
    1/8 to 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
    2 Tbsp. lime juice (use fresh, taste really refreshing)
    1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
    Salt and Pepper

Mix all ingredients together well. Cover and chill overnight. Taste and if necessary, season with more salt and pepper and maybe some more lime juice if you wanted. Makes: 12 servings

I love to make this and add it to turkey tacos with corn tortillas. Its super yummy!!!!

English muffins - can use to make tuna melts in the toaster oven or even little cheese pizzas buy using pizza sauce, mozzarella or provolone cheese, diced red onion, and a little oregano. You can also top with veggies on your little pizzas as well, of course.
  • emweesarah
    Options
    My blog is filled with low calorie recipes: http://emilys.kitchen. You can also view them on my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/emilyskitchenblog
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,651 Member
    Options
    I am loving - loving skinnytaste.com!
  • deebuckley7
    Options
    Great Idea...I'm going to look for some low calorie, diabetes friendly recipes....
  • coolcoolcool2
    coolcoolcool2 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I love making homemade chicken and cheese quesadillas. They really fill me up. I also make pizza bagels sometimes if I'm dying for pizza.
  • janine2355
    janine2355 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I just got back from a trip to the Middle East where I had fresh hummus as it was meant to taste. Until then, I'd only ever had store-bought, pre-made hummus, or Tuscan hummus at California Pizza Kitchen. I started craving it this week, and decided to be bold and adventurous and figure out how to make it myself. Can't believe how incredibly easy it is, plus it's lo cal and good for you if you don't overdo. All it takes is a pound of chick peas, a couple tablespoons of tahini, a little lemon juice, olive oil and kosher salt. Throw it in the food processor and whip it all up. Serve with a little more olive oil and some pita bread, celery, cucumber, carrots... so good!

Do you use canned chick peas? I would love to make my own too
  • janine2355
    Options
    I would love the recipe for your crab dip and any shrimp recipes you're willing to share.
    Believe it or not it's only 3 ingredients but it's very good. I just buy the vandekamps flake style crab meat(in the refrigerator seafood section) and hellmans mayonaise( you can use light mayo), I don't like too much mayo so just put what you like, and then I add a lot of black pepper. I serve it with low fat Ritz crackers, but any will do. I have also added hot sauce to the mayo before mixing it with the crab meat sometimes just for a change.:drinker:
  • 40DayFit
    40DayFit Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lucasmoten
    lucasmoten Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    1 x Filet-o-Fish with cheese but no tarter sauce
    2 x Bag of Apple Slices
    1 x Side Salad, no dressing.
    1 x Diet Coke or Minute Maid Light Lemonade
  • janine2355
    Options
    1 x Filet-o-Fish with cheese but no tarter sauce
    2 x Bag of Apple Slices
    1 x Side Salad, no dressing.
    1 x Diet Coke or Minute Maid Light Lemonade
    Now your talking! That's my kind of meal! Thanks
  • janine2355
    Options
    Chicken Gyro - Shred a rotisserie chicken from grocery store, put on a pita. Squeeze on a little lemon juice, add fresh thyme, tomato, onion, feta. Top with sauce - dill weed mixed in plain greek yogurt.

I still cook. I look for a new recipe every week. Keeps things from getting old.

I also second skinnytaste.com
    Do you put it in a pita?
  • missy_girl001
    missy_girl001 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Anything from the Flat Belly Diet Cookbook. And don't worry, it's less diet-like and way more yum! There's things like oven baked fries with garlic and parsley and chocolate stuffed french toast with berries, but every meal tops out at 400 calories. Even my partner loves when I make something from it and he has nothing to lose. :)
  • TiLo0905
    TiLo0905 Posts: 34
    Options
    I only joined today but I am so glad I found this thread...lots of great ideas! One of my go to meals is spaghetti squash with salsa, sprinkled with parmasen. Lately I've been adding black beans and chopped peppers or lean ground beef if I have any left over. Just like Mama used to make it...sorta.
  • TiLo0905
    TiLo0905 Posts: 34
    Options
    I love making soups too...for noodles I use bean sprouts...when they get all soggy its like a real noodle!
  • SymphonynSonata
    SymphonynSonata Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Salad:

1 can tuna
    33 grams of poppyseed dressing
    1 celery stalk
    a bunch of lettuce
    a bunch of spinach

- I don't count the green calories or the celery calories, but that's just a 'me' thing. The tuna is 100 calories, the dressing 80 - so I just play it by ear and count this as a 200 calorie salad. It hasn't messed with my weight loss, but you may want to be more accurate in your counting. It has to be under 400 cals, though.

Breakfast:
    2 pieces of butter toast (140 calories)
    1/2 cup of egg beaters (50 calories)

Snacks:
    130g fat free cottage cheese (80 cals)
    30g saltine crackers (120 cals)

1 yogurt cup (80 cals)
    1 fudgsicle pop (40 cals)
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    A piece of thin lean sirloin (called Palomilla in Spanish) sauteed with lots of onions and a side of veggies thrown in to soak up the seasonings (herbs, spices, some Sazon by Goya.)

Super yum. Does anyone cook anymore? Just asking.

Here in Mexico we call this " carne encebollada " ( meat with onions ). Usually it is a thin slice of beef, pork or chicken of 90-120 grs, prepred on a greaseless griddle or comal with lots of thinly sliced onions and often some cuaresmeño ( fresh jalapeño ) chile and seasoned to taste. I think that is maybe the long-ago origin of Fajitas, which are not so known here.
    This and two corn tortillas ( 100 calories ) and a side salad ( which is not Mexican at all ) make a very satisfying meal for under 400 calories. I sometimes eat this with some rice and/or beans and then it is slightly over 400.
  • frenchfacey
    frenchfacey Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    my new go to is spiraled zucchini (its pretty easy to do by hand, i do it with a veggies spiralizer, but i know people also make it with a mandolin or a processor) two whole zucs are about 70 calories (i weigh mine) then i use a store bough tomato sauce, i use trader joes organic low sodium sauce, 50 cals for a half cup, and then i add protein, i have a spicy tofu sausage i use (i have a mostly plant based diet), and my husband uses chicken or beef and adds a ton of parm

my meal ends up being about 250ish odd calories, for a GIANT GIANT GIANT portion where i am like HOW WILL I EVER EAT THIS

if i have time i cook it in a pan and its AMAZING, but i also just throw it all in a Tupperware for work and then just microwave and stir and its awesome, vegan or paleo, low carb, super fresh, very low cal and so so good.
  • MrsH1987
    MrsH1987 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I managed to make a roast dinner with 388 calories today! Roast/Mashed potatoes, vegetables, stuffing, gravy and chicken! One of the best -400 cal meals I have had in a while
  • One_Last_Time
    Options
    veggies egg white omlette, fruit and cottage cheese.
    1 egg, 1/2c egg whites, 1/4c chopped broccoli, 1/4c chopped mushroom, 1/4c chopped bell pepper. I don't use cheese, I cover it in salsa. <3 along with 1/2c cottage cheese and 1c strawberries.

PB, Banana and cottage cheese.
    1 banana, 1tbsp Peanut butter, 1/2c fat free cottage cheese.

Overnight oats.
    3/4c nonfat plain Greek yogurt, 1/4c steel cut oats, 2 tbsp chopped walnuts, 1/2c frozen or fresh blueberries, 2 packets truvia.
    (you can use any fruit you like really. I like 1/2 banana, 1/4c blueberry. Strawberry + blueberry, strawberry+banana, pumpkin puree+pumpkin pie spice <333333)