Being made fun of

Options

Replies

• SymphonynSonata
    SymphonynSonata Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    You are so beautiful I can't believe that anyone could bully you. Don't let them get you down, they're obviously drama queen attention *kitten*, prolly scared that you're gonna blow them outta the water with your beauty!
  • pandagirl813
    pandagirl813 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    And yeah i'm pretty sure they were talking about me. I can tell from them tapping one another and pointing at me then laughing and from hearing them say she's wasting her time here. I'm a very shy person, I wish I had a big mouth lol

Don't worry, the only thing you'll have to say is "Oops, Sorry I accidentally kicked you in the face!"

When i was in 7th grade there was a b*tch named Lauren that rode my bus. I was the quiet shy one that sat in the front seats with my music turned all the way up tuning everybody out. I weighed about 156 at the time and she was only 90ish. One day i heard her snickering with a friend about what a fat *ss i was and how i would never get a guy. On my way off the bus i slapped her hard in the face and walked off the bus. The next day her cheek was still a bit red and she never bothered me again.

This is the first time ive ever had to use cuss words on this site but nothing fires me up more then somebody that thinks they're better then others just because they're lighter.
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Sorry that happened to you. You know that sort of behavior is not okay and don't behave that way yourself so you are already a step ahead.
    Sick people do sick things.
    When someone is unkind I attempt to take a step back and realize everyone has their own demons, and that I don't need to allow their problems to become my own.
    You are doing a healthy and positive thing for you. By continuing to go and achieve your goals you win.
  • TrekkerCynthia
    TrekkerCynthia Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Cherry, there are people born without human souls and cannot feel empathy for another human. Anyone who gets pleasure causing another human pain, especially someone they don't even know, is subhuman. I know it is very difficult to ignore them. I've been mooed at, had eggs thrown at me so I know what you are feeling. But I know I am human and have value on this planet and deserve to occupy any space I wish. Keep working on your health and make sure to bring those tunes next time to drown out those degenerates.
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options
    And yeah i'm pretty sure they were talking about me. I can tell from them tapping one another and pointing at me then laughing and from hearing them say she's wasting her time here. I'm a very shy person, I wish I had a big mouth lol

Ah, don't let them get to you, you are doing the right thing, and the right thing by not mouthing off to them too. If it won't bug you to complain to the management, do it.

Lose weight for yourself even without any external reason, but you can take them as some extra motivation. Just think of it this way: you are pretty now, so you can lose weight and be a knockout and have your revenge that way! ;)
  • Noogynoogs
    Noogynoogs Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Just stay focused on your goals and ignore idiots!
  • vincimama
    Options
    darlink , darlink :drinker:
  • ChelinIL
    ChelinIL Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I had a girl in high school tease me and say I had thunder thighs. Same girl is very large now, but I certainly would never call her thunder thighs. That is just mean and not who I am.

Funny thing is, that was really the only time I ever heard anything negative about my weight. But it's not that I was never overweight - I was in my mid 200's for at least a decade (I was only 150'ish @ 5'8 in high school when the girl called me thunder thighs.). I think it was the way I presented myself - the inner self confidence. I look back at pictures of when I was that overweight and wonder how I did it.

I had a girlfriend who was the meanest woman I'd ever known. I don't think she was happy unless she hated someone. Funny thing is, she married my husband right after we divorced. She made my daughter's life miserable, calling her a *kitten* in front of a whole bunch of people at a public event. Thankfully they are divorced now, but she had already ruined my daughter's teenage years.

I loathe people like that and how they aim to make other people miserable. Believe me, it's not about YOU. They need to do this to make themselves feel better.
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    My question sounds silly, but are you sure they were laughing at you? Could they have been just laughing and (because it's your first day at the gym and you might have been a touch insecure) you thought they were laughing at you?
  • amcsouth
    amcsouth Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Sorry that this happened to you, I know how much it sucks! I would either report it to management or use it as motivation. Just don't let it stop you from doing your thing!! You have every right to be there and I would suggest getting earphones and some really good music :smile:
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    So I joined the gym today and was really motivated to work out. Once I was about to get on a machine a group of girls that looked about my age began to laugh at me and make jokes like I wasn't right there. I didn't let it stop me but I did feel really bad and uncomfortable. My question is how do you deal with people that do this kind of thing?

Like you said a group of 'girls' clearly immature, nothing for you to deal with, they'll grow up some day hopeully until then not your problem!

Women don't do this :wink:
  • Babarrosa1
    Babarrosa1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    So I joined the gym today and was really motivated to work out. Once I was about to get on a machine a group of girls that looked about my age began to laugh at me and make jokes like I wasn't right there. I didn't let it stop me but I did feel really bad and uncomfortable. My question is how do you deal with people that do this kind of thing?

Some people should really be ashamed of themselves.. Sometimes I actually can't fathom the amount of cruelness that some individuals have within them :angry: :angry:

Tell management or ignore them. There should be some sort of anti bullying policy in the gym. Don't lower yourself to their level because you are better than that sweetie :flowerforyou:
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    DAFUQ?!? I would tell the managers at the gym about those stupid bishes. That's so disrespectful and they should be booted out on their little heineys.

You're doing great and getting in shape FOR YOU. Just try to stay focused on your goals and remember that the majority of the people at the gym aren't like that...they either don't notice you because they are too busy working out themselves or they think "that chick's doing awesome"!

Yep.

I'm sure it's a modern day thing to openly take the piss out of adults in public? I can understand if it's in the playground.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    My question sounds silly, but are you sure they were laughing at you? Could they have been just laughing and (because it's your first day at the gym and you might have been a touch insecure) you thought they were laughing at you?

This.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Let me guess, these girls were standing in a corner probably just socializing doing nothing??? Keep in mind that they are little girls with little brains. You are a woman with an intellect. You're on 2 different playing fields, they think the gym is a place to socialize, you think it's a place to become a total bada$$.

Have you thought about starting a strength program? I just started Stronglifts 5x5.

I bet if they saw you lifting heavy things their snickering would stop because it's something they can't do. :flowerforyou:
  • CherryMonRose520
    CherryMonRose520 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    @craftywitch & @randomtai I'm pretty sure they were talking about me since they were tapping each other a pointing at me and laughing. If that wasn't about me it sure looked like it
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    @craftywitch & @randomtai I'm pretty sure they were talking about me since they were tapping each other a pointing at me and laughing. If that wasn't about me it sure looked like it

Then I agree with the above poster. Start lifting heavy things and all that nonsense will stop. Or punch them in the face.
  • cholepapi
    cholepapi Posts: 79
    Options
    Well let me put it this way, your a pretty gal and your at the gym because you have determination on a goal you want to accomplish on your own.......why are they not alone?hmmm guess they don't got that power you have to do it on their own...so haha to them!!! I would put on my headphones and use that to drive me to have a better workout!!!! They are nobody in your life so who cares what they think!!!
  • KaelaLee88
    KaelaLee88 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Sweetie, what rotten b-words those little girls are.

As a strong, motivated and thoughtful Woman, I am sure that you recognise that you can change your image any time you please but they will ALWAYS be ugly on the inside.

God bless you, hold your beautiful head up high and do exactly what they suggested, don't waste your time .... Giving another second's thought to their childish words.

Jealousy really is hideous, isn't it?! Xx
  • JoshD8705
    JoshD8705 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    We go to the gym to better ourselves. It's crazy that anyone would laugh at someone while they are in the process of changing. Try to use it as motivation. If you keep working out eventually they will have nothing to laugh at.

If it becomes a frequent occurence report them to gym staff. Hopefully it was a 1 time thing. People are just insensitive sometimes.

The other day my niece pointed to some guy, and said I bet he makes you feel better about yourself. I told her atleast he is here.