Fat free vs Sugar free

Options
I am specifically talking about coffee creamer, I am a self-proclaimed caffine addict and I need my coffee in the morning. I have used fat free and sugar free creamer and not noticed a difference in the taste with either, so which is better?

Also if you have opinions on other products I would like to hear those as well.

Replies

• neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Are they the same calorie wise? I always try to stay away from 'sugar free' because that normally means it is made with aspartame, which tends to give me major headaches. I drink my coffee with sugar-free- coffee mate and Truvia (sometimes I only use Truvia). I know the coffee mate has aspartame, but I can use less of it when I mix in my Truvia- and Truvia does NOT contain aspartame. =)
  • pell53
    pell53 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've found that I actually need more fat in my diet and less sugar - so I'd lean towards the sugar free....probably depends on where you need to "improve" more....then should be pretty easy to decide. :-)
  • vanillasugar
    vanillasugar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Another coffee fiend here, lol. I have cut back considerably on my creamer intake (never realized how many calories I was consuming in my creamer in 2-3 cups/day). Most days I only have one cup now, although sometimes I'll have 2.

I also tend to go over more on my sugar than fat, so I tend to stick with the sugar free. I believe the sugar free has the least amount of calories, and for me, I like the creaminess that the creamer adds, and the fat free is less creamy.
  • ZekeandKyliesMom
    ZekeandKyliesMom Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thats a good point, I usually have more problems with my fat than sugar.

Thanks for the responses ladies, I am starting this as my new years resolution... again and I am taking baby steps so hopefully it will stick this time.
  • CarlydogsMom
    CarlydogsMom Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I use fat-free half-and-half, plus one package of Splenda. Yes, both are problematic when consumed in large quantities, but I use 1 tablespoon of the FF half-n-half (10 calories) and no-calorie splenda for one cup of black tea in the morning, and that's it for the rest of the day for me.
  • CarolHudson11
    Options
    I use fat free hazelnut CoffeeMate - LOVE the stuff. And for a tablespoon, it's only 35 cals and 5 carbs. It's worth it for me in that one or two cups of coffee in the morning. I've never tried the sugar free, but my sister says they taste the same.