Roca Labs Gastric Bypass NO Surgery

Options
2»

Replies

• ttheriot
    ttheriot Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the advice, comments, and posts. I would not have jumped into something like this lightly. I have been a healthcare practitioner for over 20 years, so I'm not stupid, and I know what needs to be done. I work long hours, and don't have enough time or energy after long days to plan meals and exercise like I know I should. I've tried everything, and I mean everything short of surgery, and I have lost and gained more weight than I care to think about.

We are all on our own individual weight-loss journey, and I wish you all luck on yours.
  • cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    It's not for me and I'd be concerned that if you can't make the time to plan meals and exercise now, you will not make the time when you're done using Roca, which will result in gaining it back. I don't have much free time and work long days, too, but I have to make the effort to make my loss sustainable.

That said, to each their own journey. I do hope you find some support, that it works for you, and that you keep it off. Best of luck.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the advice, comments, and posts. I would not have jumped into something like this lightly. I have been a healthcare practitioner for over 20 years, so I'm not stupid, and I know what needs to be done. I work long hours, and don't have enough time or energy after long days to plan meals and exercise like I know I should. I've tried everything, and I mean everything short of surgery, and I have lost and gained more weight than I care to think about.

We are all on our own individual weight-loss journey, and I wish you all luck on yours.

If you are a healthcare professional, you would know that this is just a scam and you wasted your money.
    Why can't you just eat at a deficit and exercise? Why do people make things more complicated than they need to be????
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I would stay away from this. Better to eat right and exercise.
  • lisaabenjamin
    lisaabenjamin Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    What kind of 'healthcare professional' are you? I refuse to believe that a medical doctor would fall for this :frown:
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Surgery is not necessary. I've lost 135 (and counting) without surgery, pills, gimmicks, etc.

Like the gal above me, same deal here. 682 days today, hit my goal range on day 640. Eat less, move move. Track everything (weigh/measure/log).

Good luck on whatever you do.

MFP Rockstars!!! :drinker:
  • GertrudeHorse
    GertrudeHorse Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Have you really tried everything? Have you tried a moderate calorie deficit and moderate exercise? It's no more tricky than that.
  • jec285
    jec285 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Since you've already ordered it and can't get your money back you may as well give it a whirl, what's the worst that can happen, it won't work? It works and you gain it all back?

Obviously as everyone has already stated, this stuff really wasn't necessary and probably won't result in permanent weight loss, but here's hoping you prove em wrong anyway, good luck.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    You don't want surgery because of complications but are willing to take this crap?!?! Really???

Sounds more like an advertisement for them which is against TOS.

Also, if you believe the testimonials I got a bridge I can sell you. I have testimonials of people that are happy with said bridge too!

Sounds like you haven't tried everything, especially not the easiest thing - a calorie deficit.
  • Nattitude77
    Nattitude77 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    This is a pretty intense conversation.....I'm always open to trying new things however I always find it funny when the statement is used "when you stop using this product you will gain the weight back" NEWS FLASH - when you stop dieting and exercising you ALSO gain the weight back!!!!!

There is NO miracle diet, we all know that but some people have different needs! I for one have ZERO time to prepare any meals...I leave at 8am every morning and am lucky to be home before 10pm! I also work all weekend with maybe 4 or 5 hours at home sat and Sunday...and you say use that time....well let's see I have house cleaning, laundry, work that I do at home...and need to find time for the husband....so to those of you who think its just so simple to diet and exercisr, live my life for a week and try it!

My solution really is to have someone make my meals, but I don't have that luxury so will I spend extra money on products like Roca Lab? Its a possibility, will I keep looking for gimmicks, you betcha cause my reality is this gimmicks, diet pills, weight watchers MFP, diet & exercise they are all the same - WHEN DONE WELL THEY PRODUCE RESULTS, WHEN YOU SLACK OFF OR STOP IT YOU GAIN WEIGHT BACK.

So stop insulting people who are just trying to find a way to make life work for them.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    PJPrimrose wrote: »
    I've worked in the health care field for a long time. PLEASE do not let people chop up your intestines!!! It creates a whole host of horrific side effects! It causes Iron , calcium , vitamin and general nutrition deficiency. Medically induced bulimia frequently happens. The weight loss is so fast it frequently makes people look haggard, older and WORSE than obesity! It's hard to compliment folks on dramatic weight loss if they look like they've been terribly ill to lose it. I consider it to be quackery. Medically induced illness is a travesty! One day folks will look back on weight loss surgery and think us barbaric fools. Cause no harm!

I had weight loss surgery Here are some photos of me 130 pounds lighter. I'm 42 years old. I might not win any beauty prizes but I feel fantastic and look MY AGE and hardly think I look "haggard" (except maybe the bottom left one, but that might have more to do with walking 8 miles in Africa in 105 degree temps)
    bbp6zyubj0a2.jpg
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    You talk about long term effects of weight loss surgery - what about the long term effects of putting this crap in your body? Cancel your order, save the money, buy some healthy food, and start moving more. You'll get to your goal and be healthy at the same time. I've lost 114 pounds doing this the calorie counting way - no pills, no surgery, no gimmicks.
  • fluffyasacat
    fluffyasacat Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    The OP posted this in April and her ticker shows a 3lb loss. Either she's gone, she didn't do it or it just didn't work. Nothing to see here.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Zombie thread... just wanted to throw my 2 cents in... how will this stuff give you more time to prepare meals and exercise?