30 day shred starting jan 1--anyone in?

Options
i am starting the 30 day shred on Jan 1--anyone in and want to support eachother and have a group?

Replies

• delfin59
    Options
    I will do 30 day shred on jan 1 as well!
  • roboray
    roboray Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    sure !! whats a 30 day shred??? lol add me plz
  • suzi67
    suzi67 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the shred (Jillian Michaels 30 day shred DVD) when I can't get to the gym, does that count?:smile: If so, count me in!
  • MrsTeasler
    Options
    I was planning on starting the 30 day shred on the 1st i would love to have a support group!
  • kimcake
    Options
    I literally just ordered my dvd a second ago. I'm getting it Jan 3rd. Count me in. :)
  • ajsimyan
    ajsimyan Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Add me , I am in. Hoping to lose 10 pounds, doing it.
  • VikkiLynn
    Options
    Sure, I'm in! :)
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Ordered mine last night. I'll have it on the 3rd but it also came with free on demand video as well so I can just hook my laptop up to my TV and get going right away.

Count me in as well. Just hoping I don't pass out mid workout. :D
  • Jessibear2854
    Jessibear2854 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • flems629
    flems629 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    great turn out so far ladies! Looking forward to it!
  • celesalk
    Options
    I'll give it a try... but would definitely need some encouragement after day.... 1? =/
  • zoec123
    zoec123 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am in! I managed 2 days of this earlier this year, but literally couldn't walk the day after as i was so unfit and i ached like crazy!!

Looking forward to making a fresh start in the New year :-)
  • USAFwifey12
    USAFwifey12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I just started mine yesterday when i got it in the mail but I know I'll be busy over the next few days with the holiday so I'm planning on starting hardcore on the 1st :) We can do it ladies!!!
  • franzy
    franzy Posts: 259
    Options
    ooohhhh sounds like fun count me in... :wink:
  • flems629
    flems629 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    so what has everyone heard about it? What should we all be expecting? :D
  • windgirl
    Options
    I'd like to join...new to the site 2 days ago, don't know how this works. If this is the Jillian Michaels 30-day shred, I did this for a couple weeks straight and it is great, but I was easily side tracked.
  • Jillk1023
    Jillk1023 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I also have that dvd, count me in please..... good luck to all! and have fun! I am also new to this site so not sure how this works.... please advise. Thanks
  • USAFwifey12
    USAFwifey12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    so what has everyone heard about it? What should we all be expecting? :D

I did the first day of level 1 yesterday and it was tough (but in a good way)! I played soccer for 10 years but haven't done much of anything since I started college 4 yrs ago and could definitely tell it after the first workout. It's great that it's only 25 minutes (with warmup and cool down) because I get bored easily with workouts. There are 2 other girls on the DVD, one for people who are just starting and need to ease into the workouts and one that is doing more advanced versions of the exercises. Start out without any weights if you need to, even 2 lbs were hard for me towards the end of the workout. The key is to keep going, if you need to take a break only stop for 5 seconds to catch your breath like Jillian says. I've heard of people loosing anywhere from 3 to 25 lbs from it but mostly its the inches that come off, which is fine with me :) The only thing I dont like is that there's an intro to the DVD that you can't skip so you have to sit through 5+ minutes of ads and talking before you even get to the main menu : / I log it as 20-22 minutes of circuit.
  • suzi67
    suzi67 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I like it, the first level is challenging. You will need a mat and small (2-5lb) dumbbells. I was stiff after the first go, but it was from using different muscles. Make sure you do the stretching part at the end properly, or you will be really sore! I'm looking forward to eventually getting to level 2. The more you do it, the easier it gets. I did it on Monday after not doing any exercising for almost a week, and had to stop mid jumping jacks to take a drink, the time before when I had been consistently exercising I didn't have to stop all the way through. I log it in under "circuit training, general" btw. You will get a good sweat on, that's for sure!
  • Yarnpiggie
    Options
    My dvd should actually arrive today so count me in!