Exercise for the day

Options
So, compared to what I do at home, I'm up on my feet all of the time walking back and forth and constantly doing something because I'm a hairstylist. Should I count that on my exercise since I work 5 days a week? I have been, but I just figured I'd ask for everyone's opinion on that.

Replies

• schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    i wouldnt add it as exercise. instead i would set your activity level as more active and then add any other exercise such as work out dvds or the gym seperately
  • KLP75
    KLP75 Posts: 21
    Options
    No, that was set in your profile on your sedentary level.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    No.....when you first set up your profile you should have chosen moderately active for your activity level and this will affect how many base calories you are given and will determine how much of a deficit you need to lose weight. For example, I sit at a desk all day and rarely get any activity at work outside of walking to and from my car so I would need fewer calories to keep up my activity level....you would need more given that you are more active at work.

Goood rule of thumb, don't enter something as exercise until you do it for the sake of exercising. I will occasionally enter house cleaning as exercise if it's like an over and above spring cleaning kind of thing where I am really sweating by the end. I'm sure you're tired when you get home from work, but being on your feet all day and experiencing fatigue is different from the heart pumping cardio that you'd get from going on a walk or other type of exercise. If you count it as exercise, you're really only cheating yourself.
  • andreadawn1012
    andreadawn1012 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I just needed some feedback!