Easter

Options
Are you staying on your diet today? I'm planning on staying on plan as best as I can. If I eat a dessert than I won't eat dinner tonight! What are your plans for today?

Replies

• msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    It's Easter Sunday night here now, and I have logged for the day.

I went 1499 kilojoules over (about 359 calories).

Do I care? Nope. I enjoyed a wonderful family meal.

Do I have regrets? Not a single one.

Will I do that again next Easter? You betcha.

Hoppy Easter All :D
  • motivatedkarma
    motivatedkarma Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Anything I eat over I am planning on working off, I will probably be exhausted later lol.
  • WanderingPomme
    WanderingPomme Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I was over 1,574 calories today! :P Don't really mind. I had an awesome Easter. :)

Happy Easter everyone!!
  • missabeez
    missabeez Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    My Easter was Friday and Saturday.
    Yesterday I was going to be ~1400 cals but then I binged a bit on chocolate unrelated to Easter :P

Weekly though I am only over by about 200 cals so I will go for a run this afternoon, stuff my face with some protein (and leftovers) and call it a day, lol.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    At the moment with my day planned out I'm about 30 calories over, which is amazing. Now if I decide I want more cheesecake I think I'm totally fine with that!
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    I've been over the past couple of days (I didn't log it all) so today I'm being slightly more careful. I don't celebrate Easter so it should be fairly straight forwards.
  • suemichele
    suemichele Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    We are going for Easter brunch so probably will be going over calories...but that is ok! Spending time with family!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I've eaten about 500 calories worth of candy already and it's not even 11am. Going over to MIL's at 3 for dinner, who knows what we'll have there. I'm not worried. A few days out of the year spent at maintenance (or even a little over) won't make a difference in the long run. Today will be fun and short lived. Tomorrow it's back to our regularly scheduled program. ;)
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I'm not on a diet, so there is nothing to stay on or to go off.

We're having Easter dinner with the in laws this afternoon (it's still 8 a.m. here). I plan on eating in moderation as I always do, even though I might go over my calorie goal. Desert depends, as they often have things like cheesecake (don't like cheesecake).

Happy Easter all!
  • Sara2652
    Sara2652 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm sticking to my 5 eating times as usual but maybe cutting back a few calories on some of them.

I'll stick with my 3 item rule plus dessert. So.... Ham, deviled eggs, some green veggie side and a slice of key lime pie. That will be my balance.
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I'm on a diet break this week so I get 2800 calories to play with. I should stay under because I have learned that I don't need to stuff myself just because there is a lot of food around. And I stick to one dessert instead of everything. Not feeling sick and guilty the next day is awesome!!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    EAT ALL THE LAMB!
  • CeddysMum
    CeddysMum Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Since the Easter weekend here is 4 days (well, 3, if you don't include Saturday), starting Good Friday through to Easter Monday inclusive, I've gone to roughly maintenance for about a week (until left-over Easter yummies are gone) :drinker: ... so far so good :happy:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I plan on eating all the food and drinking all the drinks. I rather enjoy life than worry on holidays. :drinker: :drinker:
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Not really on a diet. Killed a two + hour workout yesterday and another hour today. I cannot spend Easter with family so to those who do, enjoy while you can as one day you will not have the opportunity and will kick yourselves for spending that precious time worrying about one day. In the grand scheme of a lifetime, a week of bad eating per year will not impact your weight. Daily bad choices will. I will enjoy some chocolate, but beyond that, nothing different to usual.
  • IIIIISerenityNowIIIII
    IIIIISerenityNowIIIII Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Well, yesterday was my birthday so I let myself eat whatever I felt like.

Today I'm going to be back on track. I don't need two days like that in a row!
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    DeeeeeeeeeeeewewwwwwwwwwwwwooooooooooooooooooooooopppppppppppppppppBANG! My diet crashed in a spectacular fashion at nearly 3,000 calories. Whhoo hoo! I started out 2 lbs underweight (accident while trying to figure out maintenance) so I'll burn it back off by the end of the week :)
  • angel_of_harmony
    angel_of_harmony Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I always try to make healthy choices. I plan on cooking lots of vegetables and limiting desserts/candy. We'll see how it goes!
  • wruper
    wruper Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have plans with friends. The hostess said she is cooking low carb. I still plan to be mindful. Mostly am looking forward to celebrating Resurrection Day with friends. I can't avoid the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today (a parphrase from Lincoln.?)
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I was way over yesterday (at my parents for dinner) and I'll likely be over today (at his parents' for lunch). I'm not going to worry about it. I will try my best to log, but I am going to enjoy myself and time with my family. Back to my plan tomorrow. I may even reach a lifting PR. :drinker: