Easter

Options

Replies

• abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Bang on macros and sunday - heavy leg day on this side of the screen!
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    not on a diet...will try to remember this is just a day and food is fuel...the holiday is not a reason to shovel it in...BUT the day is still early where I am....LOL:drinker:
  • Amandawith3kids
    Amandawith3kids Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    i went over my typical breakfast, but only had one (ONE!!) cadbury egg for lunch. i plan on eating a normal sized dinner, leave room for cake, but i'm not logging the random jelly beans and tastes of frosting etc, so i doubt i'll go over. this past week has been either feast or famine or me. stomach bug, anniversary dinner, and now easter. i havent lost anything, and i weigh in tomorrow.
  • tegalicious
    tegalicious Posts: 629
    Options
    I can and will eat all the foods. So far sitting at 15000+ total calories for the past three days. I logged all the treats I have eaten since Friday on Sunday since Easter has been going on since Friday :).
  • helenj1986
    Options
    I had a cadburys creme egg and now I'm already over my calories ... damn I really want to eat the second one in my Easter egg!!
  • JBfoodforlife
    JBfoodforlife Posts: 1,371 Member
    Options
    Game plan is to try to limit picking at candy and such... Shouldnt be too hard since I am working later today... I am a firm believer in enjoying the day... No reason to not enjoy the holiday as long as you go right back tomorrow... I think of it this way... We only get 60 to 90 Easter sundays to celebrate in our lives!!
  • curiology
    curiology Posts: 15
    Options
    I did well until 10 minutes ago then ate a whole Milkybar cow. At 385 cals I could have been more naughty though I guess, and it is Easter, so I'm relatively happy with the damage!
  • Chrissy8172
    Options
    I ate a Quest bar for breakfast (which is my usual breakfast most days), but my family has an Easter tradition of going to good ol' DD for iced coffee and donuts after mass! And we'll be going out for dinner later (which will be my most caloric meal) but I'm not really keeping track today. It's a holiday, and I'll get back to my grind tomorrow. :)
  • TiLo0905
    TiLo0905 Posts: 34
    Options
    With today being Easter I probably didn't pick the best day to join myfitnesspal hahaha...sighhh...oh well I calculated what I plan to eat for dinner and I am over by about 247.
  • Ulwaz
    Ulwaz Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    dont skip meals, worse thing you could do!
  • mblair1968
    mblair1968 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    My life goals, and health goals are more important than meals on any holiday. On Monday I would not remember what I had for my Easter meal, but I will know how good or bad my body feels if I eat or don't eat too much.
  • EllieB_5
    EllieB_5 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    It's Easter. I plan on enjoying it, with moderation.
  • shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Well, yesterday was my birthday so I let myself eat whatever I felt like.

Today I'm going to be back on track. I don't need two days like that in a row!

Happy belated birthday :drinker:
  • LanaeCarol
    LanaeCarol Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Had Easter breakfast at church and then lunch with family. I made the best choices I could. I have supper planned and should end up close to my goal for the day.
  • love2b3fit
    Options
    I just enjoyed the day with my family and didn't worry about it ! the gym will be there tomorrow lol
  • Fast_Track
    Fast_Track Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    The benefit/difficulty of not living in the same state as your parents : there is no Easter Basket, no Cadbury mini-eggs, no ham, no potatoes. No extra calories, but it also doesn't feel like much of a holiday either.
  • SummerRain43
    Options
    I have plenty of calories left but my carbs are almost at the limit already cause of that darn hot cross bun.....but it was soooo good....I'm going to try to stay with mostly ham and veges for dinner and leave out the potatoes....if I go over a little....no big deal...I'm planning on doing another workout when I get home from mum's anyway....:).....I'm even taking my food scale up to her house....how's that for either total dedication or total stupidity!!!lol
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I've eaten about 500 calories worth of candy already and it's not even 11am. Going over to MIL's at 3 for dinner, who knows what we'll have there. I'm not worried. A few days out of the year spent at maintenance (or even a little over) won't make a difference in the long run. Today will be fun and short lived. Tomorrow it's back to our regularly scheduled program. ;)

This!!!!!!
    A few holidays a year won't make a huge difference, so I'd rather enjoy myself (without going crazy and eating an entire cake) but having a dessert on Easter isn't going to make or break me, so I might as well enjoy the holiday!
  • ottermotorcycle
    ottermotorcycle Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    It's a holiday! So I'm taking off from logging at all. Tomorrow's a new day.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Well, yes, I guess. In that my "diet" includes eating like a normal person and indulging on the holidays.