Well, now i know why the scale wasn't moving

Options
. Before I was eating strictly veggies and fruits and the scale was barely moving, now that I've incorporated tuna in my diet I've been seeing more success. I lost 2 more lbs since my last post. I'm happy..

Replies

• megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you needed some more protein. Easy solution! Good for you!
  • ottermotorcycle
    ottermotorcycle Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    what.
  • watermillion
    watermillion Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    yeah its revving up my metabolism a bit
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    . Before I was eating strictly veggies and fruits and the scale was barely moving, now that I've incorporated tuna in my diet I've been seeing more success. I lost 2 more lbs since my last post. I'm happy..
    so all you eat is veg, fruit, and tuna?!
  • BRA_S
    BRA_S Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    What how about some rice, cereal, more stuff like that if you don't eat meat.
  • looseseal
    looseseal Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Watch out with fish, esp tuna. You can easily get mercury poisoning/overload. Get your protein from other sources too .... moar chicke, lean beef, pork, eggs, tofu .... lots of options.
  • fificrazy
    fificrazy Posts: 234
    Options
    Why did you make this a topic...
  • MsBeautifullOne
    MsBeautifullOne Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Or maybe just fish? Or just protein drinks?
  • watermillion
    Options
    rice, cereal causes me to binge eat.
  • BRA_S
    BRA_S Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    rice, cereal causes me to binge eat.

Self discipline. But the other suggestions in here are good too. Chicken, nuts, eggs. Eating a diet of just fruits and veggies will make it hard for you to get everything you need. Good luck with your weight loss!
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Protein in and of itself does not facilitate weight loss.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1253598-why-is-the-scale-not-moving

The scale WAS moving. It just wasn't moving as fast as you wanted it to (1-2 pounds a day is completely unreasonable. Just because somehow you CAN, does NOT mean it's a good idea, or that it won't come back to bite you later with a damaged metabolism, weakened bones, crap immune system and decreased lean muscle mass.)
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    yeah its revving up my metabolism a bit
    Mercury is a fast bugger.
  • kcoston101
    Options

The scale WAS moving. It just wasn't moving as fast as you wanted it to (1-2 pounds a day is completely unreasonable. Just because somehow you CAN, does NOT mean it's a good idea, or that it won't come back to bite you later with a damaged metabolism, weakened bones, crap immune system and decreased lean muscle mass.)

YIKES. That diet sounds horrible. If you're only worried about some love handles, do some exercises to target that area. I'm just baffled.
  • Lilenatalem
    Lilenatalem Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Yeah you need to add some beans or something else to your diet. And you need more protein. If you are really only eating what the other post pointed out.. I hate to say it but you def DEF need to ad more variety to your diet.

Hummus is amazing with veggies. And its V E R Y easy to make at home. You can find 100s of recipes and all it takes its blender.
    tzatziki dip is very easy to make as well and is very yummy.

Do you like eggs? I eat nearly ... at LEAST 2 cartons of eggs a week by myself. I eat them everyday and I love them. They are mostly breakfast as I work out in the morning. But I do enjoy my omelet at dinner time too.

I like Apples with my peanut butter. I'm not sure how you feel about dairy but cottage cheese and a banana is one of my fav breakfasts. Lowfat string cheese is great too.

I love almond milk. Especially if I really want something 'sweet" at the end of the day. I buy the vanilla kind and I have it for desert essentially at the end of the day and its great!
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options

YIKES. That diet sounds horrible. If you're only worried about some love handles, do some exercises to target that area. I'm just baffled.
    No such thing as spot reduction, unless you do lipo.
  • watermillion
    Options
    I do eat sweet potatoes and I drink almond milk as well
  • looseseal
    looseseal Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Why do you want to be a vegetarian? Just wondering.

FF peanut butter? Have you read the label to see what's in it? They likely took away the fat but added more sugar and/or fillers. Ick. Try regular all natural peanut butter. Better for you and the fat will help keep you satisfied longer.

For your ranch dressing, try this: 1 cup of low fat cottage cheese, 3-4 tspn of dry ranch seasoning mix, blend it all up adding a little milk to thin it to the right consistency. 55 calories per 1/4 cup serving plus a protein pop.

Losing 2 lbs/week is tremendous, losing 2 lbs in a few days is ridiculous. Stop trying for that, you'll only end up disappointed, frustrated, and unhealthy. You need to eat more protein from a variety of sources, not just peanut butter. Seriously.
  • rebalee8
    rebalee8 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Why do you want to be a vegetarian? Just wondering.

FF peanut butter? Have you read the label to see what's in it? They likely took away the fat but added more sugar and/or fillers. Ick. Try regular all natural peanut butter. Better for you and the fat will help keep you satisfied longer.

For your ranch dressing, try this: 1 cup of low fat cottage cheese, 3-4 tspn of dry ranch seasoning mix, blend it all up adding a little milk to thin it to the right consistency. 55 calories per 1/4 cup serving plus a protein pop.

Losing 2 lbs/week is tremendous, losing 2 lbs in a few days is ridiculous. Stop trying for that, you'll only end up disappointed, frustrated, and unhealthy. You need to eat more protein from a variety of sources, not just peanut butter. Seriously.

This is a great suggestion. I don't like ranch, so I'd forgotten about the ranch mixes.

I'm thinking for an even quicker hit without the blender, she could blend it with some Greek yogurt (and a little milk to thin). That would up the protein almost as much as cottage cheese.