Any other pregnant ladies??

Options
13»

Replies

• Brangwen12
    Options
    For the diabetic ladies, snacks are key (this is my second pregnancy with gestational diabetes). I keep a bowl of nuts or an almond-meal-with-splenda low carb muffin by the bed, so it's right there when I wake up for the inevitable midnight pee. My fasting glucose is definitely lower on mornings when I have had a good protein/fat snack late at night. Good daytime snacks are half an apple sliced with almond or peanut butter, a handful of mini pretzels with sliced cheddar cheese, a handful of blueberries and raspberries over 1/2 cup of cottage cheese, chicken salad on half a piece of bread, low-carb muffins made with almond meal and coconut oil (I have a recipe I've been enjoying w/ 3 g net carbs), half a cup of milk and 1/4 cup of nuts, or a piece of beef jerky smeared with peanut or almond butter.

Otherwise, salads salads salads... I have them sometimes twice a day. As long as they're not overloaded with croutons or pasta my dietician said they're fine, go crazy with veggies, beans, edamame, cheeses, proteins, nuts and seeds, and use full-fat cream dressings rather than high-sugar vinaigrettes. Toss them with a little quinoa or a handful of goldfish crackers for a carby feel.

Other tips -- my dietician said sugar is in everything, even things that aren't really "sweet." Like chicken strips. Catsup and BBQ sauce. French fries. Milk. Thai/Chinese/Vietnamese food. Check your labels and enter something into MFP if you're not sure -- it's really useful for meal planning as well as meal reporting!
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    Hi mums or hope-to-be-mums! Isnt it hard when you've lost weight then get pregnant knowing that you will have to put some back on. Of course its all for the greater good and healthy of the baby but it takes a little while to come to grips with it. For the first time in my life I actually needed to lose some weight (not much) and over the last 6 months I've done really well and reached goal weight. Then guess what? pregnant again (2 years after baby #1, currently 7 weeks along). We were trying but after trying for a while and focusing on how my body is looking so much better, I'm a bit torn between baby and body. Luckily over the last 6 months I've improved my fitness drastically. I just worry that when I get too pregnant I wont be able to run and do the cardio I've finally become to enjoy. Last time I started 5kg heavier and gained 20kg total. I stopped calorie counting at the start of the new year and haven't gained any back. I prefer not to count now as I feel its a bit pedantic. But I know that by second semester I'll feel like a hungry beast if its anything like last time.

Anyone else tor between their new body and the inevitability of weight gain for pregnancy?
    I want a second baby too, but I am torn between losing the weight first (which at the rate I lose weight might take upto a year!) and a second baby. Any thoughts? I am nearly 33 years old.

Baby! The weight loss can wait - babies can't.
  • LilyinMO
    LilyinMO Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking today.. some people have asked me if I'm going to breast feed... uuum YEAH.. I know it's good for the baby, but honestly, I have some motives on my own.. BURNING CALORIES.. hehehe.. is it bad to think of me too.. of course I want it for the baby too as I heard it's the best, etc, etc, etc.. I haven't been "completely trained" on that, there are some classes that my hospital has for all sorts of stuff, but those are between week 20-25 that we need to sign up.. but yeah, I'm definitely doing this one.. burning calories AND helping my baby... yup win / win situation huh?

Hope you all had a great Easter!!!

:)

I am truly blessed to be enjoying this pregnancy, and blessed beyond belief realizing the little miracle growing inside of me.. so many people just take it for granted! Thank you God for this awesome opportunity! :)
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking today.. some people have asked me if I'm going to breast feed... uuum YEAH.. I know it's good for the baby, but honestly, I have some motives on my own.. BURNING CALORIES.. hehehe.. is it bad to think of me too.. of course I want it for the baby too as I heard it's the best, etc, etc, etc.. I haven't been "completely trained" on that, there are some classes that my hospital has for all sorts of stuff, but those are between week 20-25 that we need to sign up.. but yeah, I'm definitely doing this one.. burning calories AND helping my baby... yup win / win situation huh?

Hope you all had a great Easter!!!

:)

I am truly blessed to be enjoying this pregnancy, and blessed beyond belief realizing the little miracle growing inside of me.. so many people just take it for granted! Thank you God for this awesome opportunity! :)

Not to be a buzz kill, but you should peek (for disappointment purposes) into the Breastfeeding groups forums. You would be surprised to discover so very many women really struggle with losing weight while breastfeeding and can't lose until after they stop.
    Others lose quickly and easily while breastfeeding - you could fall into either category.
  • LilyinMO
    LilyinMO Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Can I fall into both categories.. HAHAHAHA! :) That'd be awesome.

I know, it's So hard to figure out what the heck is going on with this pregnancy because everyone is different.

A lot of people gain a lot of weight at the beginning, a lot during, a lot all the way till the end.

A lot of people lose all the weight right away, some a few weeks after, some never do!

Same thing with breastfeeding, a lot of people lose weight while breastfeeding, some after, some never!

I wish we were all the same! (not gain a lot of weight, lose al the way right after, and anything extra during breastfeeding)
    That's be great, I think!

I guess I'll have to wait to see what my body wants to do, but I think no matter what as long as there's a healthy little one, it'll all be worth it!
  • Hannah_Hopes
    Hannah_Hopes Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    26weeks pregnant feel free to add me all :)
  • Skatromero
    Skatromero Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, just "rejoined" the site and now i'm back and preggers haha looking for any pregnant friends to help keep me motivated to stay healthy and active throughout this new journey :) 5'0 and CW is 145lbs, I am 6 months pregnant due in September :)
  • CandaceHoweth3
    Options
    Hello! I will be 30 weeks on Monday with baby number three! This is the last for me! I am due Aug 11, but she will be induced sooner. I have only lost weight this pregnancy so weigh less than when I got pregnant. I will have around 92 pounds to lose afterwards, going from my prepregnancy weight. I would love to have other moms for encouragement! It's a different kind of journey when kids are in the picture! (: Anyone feel free to add me!