12 weeks! How much have you lost? Inspiration needed!! x

Options
Hi guys,

I am bridesmaid 12 weeks on saturday the 19th july and I really need some inspiration. Im 285lbs so I have a LOT to lose. How much have you lost in 12 weeks or similar.

Thanks
xx

Replies

• amberrenee813
    amberrenee813 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Doing it the healthy way, you could lose approx. 24 pounds. 2 lbs a week x 12 weeks, but I would imagine you could lose even more considering your starting weight.
  • HopeNShelton
    HopeNShelton Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have lost 115 lbs in 5 months. I workout everyday and I eat 3 ounces per meal. If you have the motivation to lose you will lose. Good luck and remember to keep telling yourself that you can do it.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I have lost 115 lbs in 5 months. I workout everyday and I eat 3 ounces per meal. If you have the motivation to lose you will lose. Good luck and remember to keep telling yourself that you can do it.

This is not healthy and you are encouraging VLCD which is against the ToS of this site.

To the OP you could easily lose about 15lbs in a healthy manner as you only have about 65lbs left to goal. 1 to 1.5lbs a week would be a good healthy goal for you.

Do not go the VLCD route (3oz of food a meal :noway: ) is neither healthy nor sustainable unless you are eating lots of meals a day.

ETA: in my first 12 weeks I lost about 25lbs...but I was at the start of this and I suspect about 5-8 of it was water weight...
  • Charloo1990
    Charloo1990 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Nothing, I've gained! Inspiration needed here too! :(
  • karenrich77
    karenrich77 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I have just hit the 12 weeks mark and I have lost 12.3kg so around 26 pounds but I have a lot to lose :)
  • Luv2Smile55
    Luv2Smile55 Posts: 133 Member
    Options

You can't compare yourself to what she can lose. You have nearly no stomach now because you had gastric by-pass. Not a fair comparison at all. Great job on losing all of the weight though!
  • dainj
    dainj Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have started going to the gym for the first time in years, by looking after my food and going 6 times a week I am losing 1kg per week on average. It is tough but after 6 weeks I have lost nearly 5kg.
  • iRun_Butterfly
    iRun_Butterfly Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    My first 12 weeks I lost 23 pounds. This last 12 weeks I've lost about 14.
  • MrsHollingsworthThomas
    Options
    I am finishing up the 'GiveIt100' challenge where I challenged myself to do 100 days of exercise; I've worked out at least 30 minutes everyday for the last 100 days.
    I'm also eating 1500 calories per day.
    I started at 302 and am now down to 273. I should be able to finish my 100 days at about 31 lbs down (and I actually missed about 5 days of exercise during the challenge).
    This is about 14 weeks, but maybe this can give you a comparison.
    I'd say 25-30 should be realistic goal for you if you work hard.

Just remember though, that everyone is different (energy level, lbs to lose, metabolism, age, sex, etc) so you aren't going to lose EXACTLY like anyone else. Just work hard and be consistent and you should see results.

Like the previous poster said, try to do something that is sustainable. It'll be great to fit into that dress for the wedding, BUT.. wouldn't it be great to STAY that size; or even KEEP losing? !

Good luck.
  • 031sandy
    031sandy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi there, my starting weight was 240lbs as of January 30, 2014 and I'm 4'11". In a couple days I will make 12 weeks since starting my weight loss journey. I have lost 21.5 lbs so far with healthy eating , exercising and drinking minimum 12 cups water per day. My diary is open. :smile:
  • Tillyecl1
    Tillyecl1 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I've been tracking for 60 days today (so not quite 12 weeks but not completely different) I have been eating 'normally' (i.e healthy mostly but chocolate, crisps, cakes all included if within my 1500+ 50% of my exercise calories), doing a fair bit of exercise and definitely not starving myself or doing anything silly (love food too much for that!) and I've lost 8kg (as of yesterday's weigh in). I already had a 'healthy' BMI to start with so am only planning to lose 16kg in total (to help me with my running). I have also been away for work and on holiday in that time (food consumption was slightly higher than it should or would have been at home). I have also lost ~7% body fat. I imagine you may lose more because you are slightly bigger to start with but I think you can definitely make a difference in that time regardless of current size. I hope this helps. Good luck with everything :-)

EDIT: p.s I'm doing a 70.3 triathlon on the 20th July and have to train for that in the same amount of time as you have to lose weight. I think we can both meet our goals if we just stick with it :-)
  • toofatnomore
    toofatnomore Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    From July 24th last year until October 24th I lost 20 pounds.
    While I was not close to maintenance or anything, I stopped logging and went 4 months as I used to eat. I gained 10 back ore 4 months. Then on February 24th of this year I was frustrated I let myself go again and jumped back on and in. Since that time I am down 13 with good momentum to continue...total net is down 23.
    The moral of MY story is don't take your eye off the ball, stay committed and log everything that goes in your mouth...
    Also during my 1st go around I was a bike fanatic. Winter hit and I stopped. So now with it being spring here I am back on 2 wheels.
    If you have a good amount of weight to lose, 27 to 30 over 12 weeks is legit as long as you add movement to your life.
  • navygrrl
    navygrrl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I'm at about 7-8 weeks and have lost 19 pounds so far. Remember to log all of your food and drink lots of water. Accountability has been key for me, even on those days when I've eaten more than I should.
  • JulsiePie
    JulsiePie Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I started 41 days ago (so 6 weeks tomorrow) at 293 pounds and I've lost 18 pounds already....You'll lose faster in the first few weeks :)

I've just been doing it the healthy way - nothing is off limits for me, I exercise, drink lots of water, and weigh my food so I know exactly how many calories I'm eating.

You could probably lose about 24-30 pounds if you're just starting out...good luck! But remember, don't do any drastic diets or anything unhealthy because you'll regret that afterwards when you gain all the weight back :)
  • 26MORE2GO
    26MORE2GO Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    26 pounds in 3 Months.

You can do it. Remember it starts in the Kitchen!
  • chrisssiex23x
    chrisssiex23x Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Hey hun, ive been cleaning eating now for about 4 weeks going on 5 this week. I have lost 18lbs so far.

I've started walking 2-3 times a weeks for 40+ mins.

My meals i eat nearly enough the same every day.

Breakie toast:

Lunch egg salad with chicken or fish

Dinner egg salad with chicken of fish.

I do get hungry after work so i eat the alpen 70 calorie bars keeps the calories under every day or trying to.

ive also updated my water intake. I drink 750ml bottle then 2 bottles of 500ml.. Always carry water with you hun honestly it help more than you would know. you might lose more than me due to you being little heavier but you will defo lose something.

I set my self a goal for the end of august as i go on holiday so it been a huge tiger to get me going.

Set your self small goals and work towards them first. I have had a cheat day 2 out of the time i started.

People have different views on how to do things. try what ever works for you. If you fail one meal make your next better than you last.

You can add me as a friend if you like to and peek at my dairy xxxx

Best of luck hun and remember YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!
  • MrsRatfire
    MrsRatfire Posts: 102
    Options
    I understand the desire to say, "If I do X then I will have Y in 3 months." But it rarely happens. You will have ups, downs and level nothing days. Or weeks. But, you are well on our way to a new life! Not just one wedding. I did not get this weight I have in 12 weeks, or 4 months, it will not disappear in that time either, at least for me. By developing steady habits of logging and tracking on this site, you will change your life, inside and out, forever. That sounds like a good deal to me! I am inspired by your story. I am on day 22. I am feeling great and in control of the food. What a feeling! You are doing fantastic- I viewed your profile. Excellent job! There is nothing wrong with looking forward to this wedding either. Life is always happier when we have something to look forward to.
  • jmsspr93
    jmsspr93 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    My First 12 weeks I lost 41 lbs.
  • southernmom29045
    Options
    It truly just depends on your diet and exercise routine. I am just restarting the 17 day diet my Dr. Mike Moreno from The Doctors, I tried it before with good success just have more to lose now. The best part is it is a whole new way to look at food and is a lifestyle change really, but it will show you how to eat healthier. You can google it or if you are on Pinterest there is a lot of great info there as well. Good Luck!!
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    to do it healthy the most you can plan to lose is no more than 2 lbs per week....you did not gain this weight in 12 weeks nor will you lose it in 12 weeks. There is NO quick fix!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!