What do you put in your lunch box for work?

Options
slr90
slr90 Posts: 212 Member
Need some inspiration for in my lunch box as it's my weakest area ATM! So what healthy and yummy things do you pack up and take with you to keep you going through the day :)

Replies

• MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    The usual suspects:
    sandwich - arnold multigrain thin, 8 thin slices (about 2.75oz) of turkey and a slice of pepperjack cheese
    two pieces of fruit - usually banana and apple but this week I'm mixing in strawberries as they were on sale
    breakfast casserole - eggs, feta, spinach, pepperoni and sometimes potato
    oatmeal - steel cut oats, sweet potato, apples and pecans
    100 cal packs of cocoa roast or cinnamon roast almonds
    protein bar
    greek yogurt

Sometimes I'll bring leftovers from last night's dinner instead of a sandwich.
  • nancy10272004
    nancy10272004 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I work at a company that has a cafeteria and it's much easier for met to get lunch here. I usually make a bean salad with lots of vegetables (except onions out of respect for my coworkers) and some balsamic vinegar.
  • amberrenee813
    amberrenee813 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    download_zps95cc42b7.jpg

PLUS A SLICE OF LUNCHMEAT TURKEY AND THIS

1001726_zps14f00aef.jpg

= DELICIOUS
  • ValeriePlz
    ValeriePlz Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Today I brought a turkey sandwich with cranberry sauce and brie, with a side of chips. Usually I do tacos or a salad.
  • cpaman87
    cpaman87 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I keep a bag of salad, something with spinach in it. I add to this either tuna salad or soup.
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    My first choice will always be last night's leftovers, if there are any. So simple!

Chopped salads are good. I keep a small basket of hard-boiled eggs and a container of pre-shredded chicken in the fridge. Pair that with some spinach and kale mix, small cubes of cheese, olives, and whatever other veggies I have leftover. Smaller container inside with an olive oil and vinegar mix.

I like the low carb wraps (sooo much fiber!) with some mayonnaise or mustard, shredded chicken, tomatoes, spinach, cheese. Or chicken salad!
  • kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Today I have a turkey sandwich, 100 grams of raw broccoli, 100 grams of raw cauliflower, 100 grams of raw baby carrots, and a can of root beer.
  • renaore
    renaore Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    40 Raw Almonds, A medium Apple, Green Tea (from Costco; Eto-En) and salad with a chopped turkey burger on the top :D!
  • slr90
    slr90 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    My first choice will always be last night's leftovers, if there are any. So simple!

Chopped salads are good. I keep a small basket of hard-boiled eggs and a container of pre-shredded chicken in the fridge. Pair that with some spinach and kale mix, small cubes of cheese, olives, and whatever other veggies I have leftover. Smaller container inside with an olive oil and vinegar mix.

I like the low carb wraps (sooo much fiber!) with some mayonnaise or mustard, shredded chicken, tomatoes, spinach, cheese. Or chicken salad!

How long can you keep hard boiled eggs or chicken in the fridge ? I don't normally keep longer than the day after cooking. I do quite like wraps so I'll have to search for low carb ones, is there a brand you would recommend? :)
  • Kestrelwings
    Kestrelwings Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Today had run out of inspiration & was running late, so am on emergency rations (instant oatmeal!)

Usually hard boiled eggs, a box of chopped veg/salad/tuna or something, and melba toast.
  • jeffininer
    jeffininer Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Today is 2 tacos: 93% lean taco meat, cheddar cheese, lite sour cream, and hard corn tortilla shells.

Tomorrow will be turkey meat loaf and brown rice.

I bring a lot of left overs. If I don't have left overs then I bring a lean cuisine or smart one.
  • kraft_kris
    kraft_kris Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    These are great ideas! I am going to try and find some wraps. Is it just me or does anyone else find it a drag to pack their lunch?
    I know it is necessary but it is such a pain!
  • Beckilovespizza
    Beckilovespizza Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Usually a ham sandwich, yoghurt, fruit and cereal bar.
  • Kaylyn221
    Kaylyn221 Posts: 123
    Options
    Organic grilled chicken breast w/steamed broccoli and cauliflower. Snacks are celery/carrot and orange bell pepper {sliced into strips} w/tuna {tuna is mixed with plain greek yogurt and organic mustard and some pepper}, and an Orange.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Lunch is almost always some kind of salad with a protein, but it changes almost every day.

Besides lunch I bring 2 snacks, some combo of veggies and dip, fruit, greek yogurt, string cheese, nuts, Kind bar...lately I've been loving quinoa chips, too. Sort of like a cross between Sun Chips and Munchos.

Today, I have spinach salad with raw mushrooms and onions, homemade french dressing, and leftover roast beef from yesterday; celery and leftover homemade spinach dip; 2 clementines; and a Kind bar.

I try to get my before/at work food to end up around 600 calories (give or take) so that I have plenty left for later in the day...I'm a big after dinner snacker :). And, I try to get in at least 3-4 servings of fruit and veggies and a decent amount of protein during the day, too.
  • ChaplainHeavin
    ChaplainHeavin Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Organic grilled chicken breast w/steamed broccoli and cauliflower. Snacks are celery/carrot and orange bell pepper {sliced into strips} w/tuna {tuna is mixed with plain greek yogurt and organic mustard and some pepper}, and an Orange.

I have stumbled upon my own unique recipe in which I hope to make millions soon. I call it the "peanut butter and jelly sandwich."
  • petefromguelph
    petefromguelph Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Today is :

Leftover shrimp
    Quinoa
    Broccoli
    30g cheese
    Chicken Nibbler thing
    40g Almonds
    Banana
    Apple
    Fibre 1 bar

I think that was it... usually mix in some other veg if they are kicking around - cucumber / carrots / raw broc etc
  • sarrah_n
    sarrah_n Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Wheat wrap
    Container of left over taco meat and shredded cheese
    Grape tomatoes
    String cheese
    Pineapple
    Blueberry yogurt
  • Flossiesdoll
    Options
    Through the cold months, soups made with pulses and veg. Through the warmer months, salads and sandwiches with protein and veg. And fruit.
  • LividMuffin
    LividMuffin Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Lately I fell in love with natural cottage cheese. It can be sweet (mixed with agave, vanilla, honey, all sorts of fruits, cinamon, seeds & nuts) or savoury (pepper, shredded carrot, chives, curry powder..) you can get really creative with it so it's boredom-resistant, it's high protein & low everything else, just a perfect snack! :)
    I also make protein muffins every now and then, they last for the whole week (two people) and kill my sweets craving.