how much water in a day?

Options
Hi! I am just wondering how much water you drink per day! I hear 8 glasses of water or half yout body weight, etc. How much do you drink per day?

Replies

• reshaping_life
    Options
    Bump*
  • ChocoboJaz
    ChocoboJaz Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I drink about 4 Pints usually of sparkling water and lime :)
  • Angold83
    Angold83 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I aim for 3-4 litres.
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    rule of thumb divide your current weight in half and that is the number of ounces you need
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    I drink a minimum of 64oz a day.
  • ShaunaN5
    ShaunaN5 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    The minimum I drink is usually 64 ozs. I usually end up drinking about 96 ozs. by the time the day is done.
  • chrisssiex23x
    chrisssiex23x Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    i try to drink about 3 bottles of 500ml. today ive drank one 500ml and 2 750ml and i could probs drink another 750ml.
  • izu87
    izu87 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Depending on the day 3-4l. And ever since I started drinking more than 1.5l per day of clean water I got rid of all my kidney problems. And in my 3-4l I do not count coffees, teas, or if by any chance I drink any juice.
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I do the half my body weight in ounces thing, so 88ounces for me. Has seemed to be the best amount to keep me properly hydrated and get through my workouts
  • runitskat
    runitskat Posts: 30
    Options
    Typically I drink about a gallon of just water a day.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    64 to 96 oz sometimes more

I don't include my other beverages with this, some people do, and you can. As long as you keep yourself hydrated that's all that matters.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I don't keep track or log water intake. I drink water with every meal and in between and I am doing fine.
  • JoshD8705
    JoshD8705 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Between 8 to 10 cups a day, and no more than 12. Because over hydrating depletes necessary potassium.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Its different for each person. You need to drink as much as it takes so you don't feel dehydrated. Some it's 48 oz, some it's 100+. There really is no true standard. I drink 120oz of fluids or more a day. When I have less than 90oz, i feel dehydrated.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I don't drink a particular amount as most of the foods I like have plenty of water (I can easily go through 5 pounds of cucumbers/tomatoes a day). That said, I have always been a water drinker, so I feel no need to get technical with it.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    .75-1 gallons (96-128 oz) of water per day. =)
  • JoshD8705
    JoshD8705 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    You know you have it right when your pee is straw yellow. If it's clear you've overhydrated.
  • ChocoboJaz
    ChocoboJaz Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You know you have it right when your pee is straw yellow. If it's clear you've overhydrated.

That is usually how i tell! I noticed last night after a naughty treat of pepsi it was awfully dark so goes to show how hydration is important :)
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I think the amount of water you drink will depend on many factors. If your skin snaps back alright and your pee is not too concentrated, you are likely getting enough even if you don't drink a single glass of water during that day! It really depends on what you're eating, how much you're moving, how hot it is, if you're losing too much water through sweating or diuretic foods and drinks.. etc.
  • gracieqtpie
    gracieqtpie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I try to drink a gallon of water a day.