How often do you weigh in?

Options
I'm just starting out and tempted to weigh myself every morning. I'm sure it will be motivating in this first week as pounds seem to drop quickly at first, but I'm wondering if this is a good idea for the long run. I think once a week would be a good idea but I don't think I could wait a whole week between weigh-ins!

How often do you weigh yourself? And how often do you update your weight on this site?

Replies

• kalebsmama07
    Options
    i do it everyday before getting dressed... naked after peeing too and log once a week (wensday) usually unless i noticed i lost before the day i log usually....but i do this because it keeps me motivated all the time! good or bad when weighin or loggin i know where im at and what i need to do next to keep it going down
  • nldsmiley
    nldsmiley Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I personally weigh myself every Wednesday and not only enter it in here but also have a chart hanging on wall at home with dates and weigh in totals. It helps motivate me!
  • reesepieces
    reesepieces Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I just got a scale for Christmas...I have been weighing myself at my parents' house once a week. With my scale at home, it is pretty tempting to weigh myself every day...I am trying to defy temptation and weigh-in just once a week.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Every day
    butt nekkid
    after pee'ing

I post all losses and my weight whatever it is on Monday.
  • countjackula
    Options
    Weekly, set time of day.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    Every flippin' time I pass by the scale. I only 'check-in' on mondays tho.
  • jaymeec75
    Options
    I'm a compulsive weigher. I just got a new digital scale for Christmas so, i'm constantly jumping on to see where I'm at. I find it keeps me motivated! And I log it on here whenever I notice a difference in my morning weigh in.
  • manleyzoo
    manleyzoo Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every morning. This way I know if I am staying on track. I log it every day too. I am sure my friends on FB will soon get tired of seeing it posted, but oh well. It is my motivation!!

Linda in IA
  • btuman43
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning, but only log once or twice a week.
  • paperboy
    paperboy Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday and log it everyday. And yes, naked and after peeing first thing in the morning.
  • ChancyW
    ChancyW Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I cant seem to wait to do it weekly. I tend to do it at least every other day

...I understand that I am going to fluctuate regularly so I don't get upset with that ups and downs.

Good for you if you can wait to do it weekly!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I do it twice a week, Mondays and Fridays. I report it here too, even if my weight goes up.
  • briball003
    briball003 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself mostly every day. Sometimes I don't. I think it has really helped me to understand exactly how my routine affects my body. Plus, instead of getting me down when I see a little weight gain, I just know it's time to get back with the program!

I say weigh yourself whenver you want, multiple times a day if it's what keeps you motvated!
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Every day
    butt nekkid
    after pee'ing

LMAO- I do the same thing. Sometimes I even say "I'm nneeekkkiiddd" outloud. Is that weird?

Either way, I normally record my losses on Wednesdays.
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Options
    Every day
    butt nekkid
    after pee'ing

yeah ^^^^ that :laugh: Ok, not EVERY DAY, but mostly every day.
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Usually a couple times a week. I report on Fridays.
  • Sigra
    Sigra Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I used to do weigh ins all the time, and sure you see your weight either dropping slightly or yo-yoing. I've just started so I want to see if I can check in every Thursday (start of my weekend) and go from there :)
  • tpycha126
    tpycha126 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I check in every other Sat, first thing in the morning. I don't have a scale I use the WII fit board and I know if I tried to do it every morning I would run late for work! I find that spacing out my weigh ins I work even harder to make sure that it goes down.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every morning to keep on track.
    I try not to let the yo yoing get to me.
    I have to be accountable that is what
    works for me. Good Luck!!
  • Carol_can_do_it
    Options
    I weigh and record the weight daily per my doctors orders. I try to weigh at the same time daily.