is there anyone here who doesnt workout

Options
2»

Replies

• ironrat79
    ironrat79 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    When I did my initial personal challenge and stayed away from cardio, still dropped nearly 20 lbs from just cleaning up my diet. I was still lifting weights, but that doesn't burn many calories unless you're at warp speed. Good on ya
  • jwooley13
    jwooley13 Posts: 243
    Options
    I don't have a gym membership, and even if I did I wouldn't have time to go. I work long hours and study at night, so my schedule is fairly limited. However, I do try to get a good long walk in at least once a week (usually on a weekend) and I often stretch for about ten minutes when I get up in the morning.

Other things you could do to up your daily activity could be super simple! Take stairs instead of an elevator. Park at the very back of the parking lot every time. Take the bus or the subway a stop shorter than where you need to get off. Combining lots of those little choices really add up :)

*edited for spelling*
  • deliacm
    deliacm Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I don't work out that often, not as often as I should; however, with the FitBit I've noticed that it's a rare day that I don't get in 10K steps. Perhaps just getting in more steps by parking further from the store or similar type of things can be just as beneficial.
  • ncl1313
    ncl1313 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I don't like "traditional" workouts either, though I will force myself to use my treadmill and weight bench on occasion. Now that it's nice out, I walk every night with my son, usually the long way to the park where we run around for nearly an hour. I'll also do stuff during commercials when I'm watching TV...squats, lunges, pushups, planks, tricep dips, front kicks, really anything I can do quietly and for 3-4 minutes straight to feel those muscles burning. I figure an average of 6 commercial breaks over the course of an hour-long show works out to be a good 20 minutes of activity. I also have a sit-on-my-butt job, so I try to find time throughout the day to get up and walk around my office or the building for a bit or do a couple quick squats at my desk. Basically, any movement is better than no movement. Start slow, find what you like and what fits into your life and go from there.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    You don't need a gym membership (which can get expensive). My local school pool has an adult swim and exercise program which I have fallen in love with and it really helped to firm up some of the jiggles. But the important thing is to move and be active. Spring cleaning is a great work out. I also enjoy gardening and long walks. Congrats on the 22 pounds.