zUMBA LOGGING

Options
Hello everyone!

, when you enter a new exercise, and you have to say rhoughly about how many calories you think you burned,,, and you have no clue,,what do you do?

Can someone tell me a good idea of how much calories they burn doing one hour of Zumba???

Please and thank you !

Replies

• faith_76
    faith_76 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I'm new to zumba but when I wear my hrm I average 500-600 for an hour
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

, when you enter a new exercise, and you have to say rhoughly about how many calories you think you burned,,, and you have no clue,,what do you do?

Can someone tell me a good idea of how much calories they burn doing one hour of Zumba???

Please and thank you !

Calorie burn depends upon height, weight, gender, age, exertion level & more. MFP gives generous estimates for the most part. You could search on cardiovascular & dance....zumba fits in this category.

There are other on-line calculators.....look for something that allows for your height & weight at least.
  • melseid
    melseid Posts: 12
    Options
    I used to wear a monitor, and found an hour of hard pushed Zumba normally cost me between 700-800 calories per hour. It depends on your current size (I'm a hearty 5'10") and how hard you push at it though, you know? Last week a class instructor told me the average was 600-900 calories per one hour class, which is quite a wide range, but even the low end means a great workout!
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Wow...I need to find a Zumba class near me! I knew it was great exercise, but 600 calories in a feel-good workout, I need to sign up!
  • faith_76
    faith_76 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Wow...I need to find a Zumba class near me! I knew it was great exercise, but 600 calories in a feel-good workout, I need to sign up!

Do it! It's wicked awesome (and I stink at dancing). It is so fun I'm smiling through the whole thing.
  • imLucieMarie
    Options
    awesome! thanks for the answers!