Buffalo NY

Options
2»

Replies

• Rainboots80
    Rainboots80 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I am near Elmira and it has been a while since I have been to Buffalo but I think Darien Lake Amusement park is near there.
  • Operation_Shred
    Options
    How long are you in town for?

Albright Knox Art Gallery

Shopping in the Elmwood Village

Get some wings at Anchor Bar and/or Duffs

Check the schedule at Shea's Performing Art Center and see a show

Buffalo Botanical Gardens

Burchfield-Penny Art Center

Plenty to do around here!
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I realized I responded to this thread as a resident a didn't offer really any good suggestions other than food and bars:

The inner/outer harbor area in the city (lot's of things to do)
    Albright-Knox art gallery
    Frank Lloyd Wright's Martin House Complex

Other than that just travel around the city and admire the architecture. If you are willing to travel outside of the city itself there is a whole list of places to visit and see.

Lewiston Area
    East Aurora
    Ellicottville
    Letchworth State Park
  • teach54
    teach54 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    "Mummies of the World" are at the Buffalo Museum of Science right now, not sure for how long. Check it out: www.sciencebuff.org
    Can you tell this suggestion is from a teacher?
  • onechaoticrose
    Options
    I realized I responded to this thread as a resident a didn't offer really any good suggestions other than food and bars:

The inner/outer harbor area in the city (lot's of things to do)
    Albright-Knox art gallery
    Frank Lloyd Wright's Martin House Complex

Other than that just travel around the city and admire the architecture. If you are willing to travel outside of the city itself there is a whole list of places to visit and see.

Lewiston Area
    East Aurora
    Ellicottville
    Letchworth State Park

I know at some point during the week I will be out walking the city streets - probably looking like the total tourist taking random pictures - :) I believe I am staying "Downtown" Not sure if it's possible to walk from that area to the zoo or not...but it's on my agenda as well :)
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I am near Elmira and it has been a while since I have been to Buffalo but I think Darien Lake Amusement park is near there.

Still quite a drive from B-Lo I think.

There's Niagara Falls US side, but also the Canadian side (much nicer views, but you'll need a passport to cross the border). It's fun to walk across the rainbow bridge from US to Canada if you have a passport. You'll want to check the website and see if Maid of the Mist and Cave o' Winds are open for the season by then. There's also a jetboat tour through the whirlpool that leaves from Lewiston NY.

Since there's a debate, I vote Duff's over Anchorbar. If you hit Lewiston for the jetboat or whatever, there's the Silo (ice cream shop river front), and the Brickyard (deeeelicious bbq joint).
  • onechaoticrose
    Options
    "Mummies of the World" are at the Buffalo Museum of Science right now, not sure for how long. Check it out: www.sciencebuff.org
    Can you tell this suggestion is from a teacher?

Oh I love stuff like this!
    Thank you!
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Salami pizza from Bocce Club
    Ted's Hot Dogs (the hot sauce is really the best! I worked there ages ago)
    Nearby, I recommend Old Fort Niagara
    Fort Erie across the Peace Bridge is a beautiful place too.