How many calories to cut back?

Options
Eating at 1200-1400, I was losing but hungry and pissy.
Now eating at my TDEE (1626) and some of my exercise calories back, I'm not losing.

Should I cut back 100-200 or more? Or stop eating back exercise cals?

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    if you are using TDEE -X% you don't eat back exercise calories...that is why you aren't losing.

Is 1626 TDEE-20%? If so eat 1626 a day period.
  • mandamerlot
    mandamerlot Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    if you are using TDEE -X% you don't eat back exercise calories...that is why you aren't losing.

Is 1626 TDEE-20%? If so eat 1626 a day period.

Sorry, I meant to say that is my TDEE with a 20% cut. My TDEE is 19something.
  • ottermotorcycle
    ottermotorcycle Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    If you're using TDEE, you don't eat back exercise calories. If you do something exceptional and are starving, you can definitely eat more, but TDEE takes into account your regular activity, so eating exercise calories on top of that would bring you right back up to maintenance.

If you're not losing doing this, make sure you're logging accurately. 99% of the time this is the problem. Never eyeball portions. Use measuring cups, spoons and a food scale if you have one (I just got an awesome digital one on Amazon for $12.) Make sure you drink enough water too.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    as you said your eating that 1 number and no exercise calories.. if that is the case you need to give your body a few weeks to adjust before making more changes.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    If your TDEE is 19-something, that should include exercise. Therefore, you shouldn't be eating any exercise calories back, unless you do something that you haven't accounted for in your TDEE calculations.

Example: If I schedule myself for 3 workouts a week and account for that in my TDEE, I don't eat calories back from those workouts. However, if I go on a weekend all-day hike, since that hasn't already been accounted for, I add the exercise calories in separately and allow myself some extra food.