Anxiety around adjusting my eating plan- Just gotta vent. :P

Options
So I'm having some scale anxiety. :P

I've been doing the Lindora program for 30 days, and through my diligent logging, I've kept to the required food choices and portions, and dropped 17 lbs. But I've seen that the calorie count keeps me around 900-1100 calories a day. I dropped weight quickly at first, but it slowed dramatically at week 4, and I'm sure I'm trashing my metabolism with the extreme restriction.

Soooooo, the husband and I have decided to switch over to the Chris Powell method of carb cycilng. I'm excited about the healthy eating plan and feel like it'll do a great job of kickstarting my metabolism again. The stupid anxiety part is KNOWing that the scale is going to jump up at the beginning. I completely trust that as I adjust my intake and stay consistent with this program, I will start losing again and get healthier. I just HATE seeing the fluctuation!!

I plan to store the scale away and only weigh once a week on this plan, so I think that will help. And continuing to log on here daily will maintain my accountability much better than that stupid scale anyway!

That's all. Carry on.

Replies

• Coyoteldy
    Coyoteldy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    put the scale away for a bit.. mine is going into hiding for a week or so...anytime you change a diet the scale tweaks... 900-1100 is so low I am sure you stalled for that reason...
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Why do you have to follow a plan or program? Eat what you want within your calories, get enough protein and dont worry so much. It doesnt have to be so complicated :flowerforyou:
  • laurawiggs74
    laurawiggs74 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    following a plan is actually less complicated for me. i have to have some structure or i compromise and rationalize too many things. old ED brain likes to take over... ;)