How do you feel about intermittent fasting? +friends

Options
2»

Replies

• toofatandy
    toofatandy Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have been doing it on and off for 4 months and have lost 18 kgs of mainly fat.

The good part is to maintain the losses / benefits you only need to do it once weekly.

Just keep trying and it will become easier. I mainly do resistance training and some cardio.

Read the book watch the clip, eat fast and live longer.
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xvdbtt_eat-fast-live-longer-hd_shortfilms
  • SBMarie93
    SBMarie93 Posts: 16
    Options
    Perhaps I should modify this:

It's not a 5:2 I kind of understand 5:2 ( I'm not really looking for a 5:2 diet plan)
    I'd eat regularly 1200-1500 calories 4 days a week and about 700 (not including exercise) 3 days a week

For me:

This would include no weight lifting.

Just my usual 15-20 min cardio (jog froward and walk backward)
    15 abdominals (2x)
    15 tranversus abd. (2x)
    25 butt/leg lifts (2x)
    And then some stretching to cool down

I would eat between 7am-3pm every everyday (about 200 calories for each meal I eat, that's between 3-4) and then fast for 16 hours
    The work out would take place between 2:30pm-4 pm

And I'm not saying that I'd do this until I reach my goal. Just whenever I feel comfortable with it. For example a week out of every month. I'd never push myself to far to the point of exhaustion.( If I needed to make it 2 days vs. 3 I would) I have to be able to function for work and college classes. I'm sorry if some of you got the wrong picture.

I do appreciate your guys' feed back.

If you could modify this ^ to fit your diet how would you? Would you up your calories on low days? Do a shorter fasting period?
  • Beckilovespizza
    Beckilovespizza Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I give up! Don't ask a question, get perfectly decent (and consistent answers) and ignore the advice. Good luck, ur gonna need it!
  • Beckilovespizza
    Beckilovespizza Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    If I could help u modify ur plan it would go like this...

Read the book
    Watch the documentary
    Eat 500 cals on non consecutive days for 2 x days per week
    Eat maintenance on the other 5 x days per week
    Workout as u wish

It's pretty simple, don't over complicate the fasting as u won't get the other health benefits, IF is way more than about weight loss.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Will keep it simple for you....

Your weight loss aim is far too ambitious in such a short amount of time.
    Your suggested calories are far too low.
    Your workout routine is really poor.

So however you dress it up you are planning to crash diet and lose a stack of muscle mass.
  • SBMarie93
    Options

Read the book
    Watch the documentary
    Workout as u wish

It's pretty simple, don't over complicate the fasting as u won't get the other health benefits, IF is way more than about weight loss.

I'm not looking to be bashed on.
    I appreciate your advice. And Susan's and Andy's and Primrose for sticking up for what she believes in. If you say 500 calories on nonconsecutive days I'll take it into consideration and perhaps lengthen my time frame. I'm brainstorming and reaching out to try something new.

--And for the person who commented about lean muscle. I like to do strength training and weight lifting 1-2 weeks out of every month alternatively on week days (mon-wed-fri)

Like I said it's not a definite set in stone plan. It's an Idea.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options

Read the book
    Watch the documentary
    Workout as u wish

I'm not looking to be bashed on.
    I appreciate your advice. And Susan's and Andy's and Primrose for sticking up for what she believes in. If you say 500 calories on nonconsecutive days I'll take it into consideration and perhaps lengthen my time frame. I'm brainstorming and reaching out to try something new.

--And for the person who commented about lean muscle. I like to do strength training and weight lifting 1-2 weeks out of every month alternatively on week days (mon-wed-fri)

Like I said it's not a definite set in stone plan. It's an Idea.

You asked for advice, you were given advice, you decided to ignore good advice. Your plan is bad. Go back do some research, keep it simple and good luck in boot camp with limited exercise and months of depriving yourself.
  • SBMarie93
    Options
    I have my plan figured out with someone else who does intermittent fasting

4:3
    4 days eat 2000-2400 cal
    3 days 500 calories in the 8 hour time frame I set.

My short little exercise throughout the week.

I'd do this 1 week out of every month.

Then go back to my regular 1200-1500 cal diet and regular work out with weight lifting and more strength training.

And I'm not looking to lose 74 lbs in 4 months does anyone know how to change the ticker thing?
  • imaginaryplant
    imaginaryplant Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    The more exotic/unnatural something is, the less likely it is to work on the long run.

I agree with this. Do it closer to how you plan to live after you reach your goal.