Short term challenge

Options
I have been struggling for the past couple of weeks. Every day I get up and say that it's a brand new day and I'm going to stay within my calories and every day I blow it. I feel defeated. I feel like if I can just get a couple of days under my belt that I will be back on track.

I am committing to staying within my calories this weekend, Saturday and Sunday. I will post the results on Monday. Would anyone like to join?

Replies

• dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I have been struggling for the past couple of weeks. Every day I get up and say that it's a brand new day and I'm going to stay within my calories and every day I blow it. I feel defeated. I feel like if I can just get a couple of days under my belt that I will be back on track.

I am committing to staying within my calories this weekend, Saturday and Sunday. I will post the results on Monday. Would anyone like to join?
  • barefootfairy19
    Options
    Im kinda in the same boat. I'll try to and let you know monday okay?
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I'm in...weekends are usually easier for me to stay on target because I am not driving to work and considering stopping for breakfast somewhere and getting something to eat from Sheetz right next door...but hey I am here to support you and will commit to staying within my calories this weekend too! It may be a challenge because I just lost 4 pounds and now I have to eat 30 calories less per day, but I know I can do it...and I know you can too! Check in throughout the weekend if you can and let us know how you're doing...keep your chin up...you can do this!
  • dothompson
    Options
    Thank you for joining me. I'm encouraged. We're going to do this>
  • pollyclover
    Options
    I'm in. I have a really hard time keeping to my calories on the weekend because I have more free time to think about how much I like to eat :).
  • BrandNewLaura
    Options
    Ack I went way over my calories today...but like 500...I got home from church at like 9 pm and really really didn't feel like working out, but I knew weigh in is tomorrow and I'd feel upset at myself with going over by that many calories so I did 75 minutes of Tae Bo/stationary bicycling and burned those calories off. I may not be able to move tomorrow (it was an intense workout) but I can say with pride that I did stay within my calories today!
  • dothompson
    Options
    Great job Laura. I also went over and had to redeem myself. I ate a couple of handfulls of nuts rather absentmindedly, then I looked at the calories and was horrified. I had to go on a mountain bike ride this afternoon to burn it off.

I'm in a much better place than I was 24 hours ago. I hope you feel as successful as I do. It seems that the emotions follow the action. Don't wait until you feel ready to start eating healthy and exercising. Just do it and your mood will change.
  • BrandNewLaura
    Options
    Okay, weekend is over for me and I stayed in my calories...how'd everyone else do?
  • dothompson
    Options
    I stayed in my calories also. Major victory.

Also today I'm pretty much on a high and am continuting, so I got the jump start I wanted.

Sunday was tough as I didn't have time to exercize, just reinforce how important it is to get daily exercize. It makes staying in the calories so much easier, elevates my mood, makes me feel better physically....

This Challenge was an unqualified success for me. I hope everyone else did well also.
  • dothompson
    Options
    Okay, weekend is over for me and I stayed in my calories...how'd everyone else do?

Great Job!!!