Serious question can you please help?

Options
2»

Replies

• TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I use to have an issue with IBS with constipation and did all of those things. I went to the doctor and even the medications I had to drink to clean out the bowels for a colonoscopy didn't work for me. It took 4 enemas at the hospital before they could even do the colonoscopy. He found a few polyps and removed them, but I still had constipation issues. Finally, he told me to try the BRAT diet. Bananas, Rice (brown), Applesauce, and Toast (whole wheat) and that worked somewhat. Oatmeal helped somewhat. But nothing really cleaned me out. Until I went to my local GNC and bought a protein shake. I'll never forget it. It was Nitrotech Chocolate Fudge Ready-to-Drink. It was like trying to drink chocolate pudding but it worked like you wouldn't believe at moving my bowels. I found that my body doesn't process that much protein all at once. So, it is eliminated. Now, if I get the slightest bit constipated, I have a protein shake with extra protein in it. The doctor never did figure out what the problem was, but I make sure I have some BRAT foods regularly and go once or more a day now.
  • jules_02
    jules_02 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    -Getting enough fiber from food - whole wheat bread, fruits, oatmeal, certain cereal (Bran types) -->look at adding fiber count with your calories, fat, carbs, etc tracker -- fiber adds bulk to your bowels and helps reduce cholesterol absorption too; recommended daily fiber intake in general is 20-25g, most people typically get about 15g
    -Drinking water so you're not dehydrated (limiting caffeine intake - caffeine can make you dehydrated)

The normal bowel movement is 3 times a day to 3 times a week - everybody's different
  • CupCaque
    Options
    I always eat spinach, greens or cabbage. They always make me go. I know how you feel and I hate feeling that way. Good Luck!
  • Jessanova
    Options
    Oh my gosh! I have to get my gallbladder removed too and I'm so scared. :(
  • CarolHudson11
    Options
    It's coffee for me. Every morning after that first cup I'm off and running. Good luck, girl! I know it's got to be frustrating.