Calories Burned

Options
Hi,

Been on for over a month and been doing well, just had a question. I am on a 1400 to 1500 calorie per day diet and have been doing very good about staying at or right under the calorie intake. I am also working out about 6 days a week burning about 500 per workout.

I see it says extra caloires eanred after I input my workout, is it necessary to consume those extra calories burned? or is it okay to leave as is? I don't want to do any harm to my body by not taking in the necessary calories.

Replies

• francescorkill
    Options
    I am at 1200 calories a day and I experience the same thing. I actually leave them as is. I don't eat over the 1200. :)
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    The general rule is to eat at least 1200 net calories (calories consumed minus calories burned). So if your daily goal is 1200 you need to be eating your exercise calories. Your body needs a certain amount of calories and nutrition in order to function properly. Getting fewer than you need, whether you cut calories too much or burn too many from exercise that you don't "replace", will result in a number of negative effects, one of which is going into starvation mode where your body stops burning fat and stores it instead.
  • bionicdiver
    bionicdiver Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    When you add your exercise in, the daily calorie calculator gives you credit for those calories.

If you set your calorie goal to 1600 calories and your maintenance level is 2000 calories, then you have a deficit for that day of 400 calories. Multiply that by 7 and that is 2800 calories. If you exercise and you burn 500 calories per workout and mulitply that by 7 you get 3500 calories. Add the two together, you get 6300 calorie deficit for the week.

Long story short, I would recommend sticking to your meal plan which should add up to 1500 calories. If you workout and maintain the daily deficit, you will lose about 1.5 lbs per week (give or take a calorie or two).
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,124 Member
    Options
    yikes. sand tiger....shrk.gif
  • bionicdiver
    Options

:bigsmile:

Yes it is!!!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,124 Member
    Options

Yes it is!!!

We PNW divers don't see them out here. Nor the spectacular WWII wrecks.. . .geez I'm highjacking threads everywhere......:blushing:
  • bionicdiver
    Options

Yes it is!!!

We PNW divers don't see them out here. Nor the spectacular WWII wrecks.. . .geez I'm highjacking threads everywhere......:blushing:

Another topic for another page, I suppose. Apologies to the OP!