Getting rid of mental issues

Options
After the glorious holiday I have found that I have gained 2-3 pounds in about 2 ish weeks. I logged about half the time, ate way too much Christmas candy, and worked out less. On top of that I worl retail and that adds a bit o stress as well. I know that it can only get better if I keep at it, I've been tracking again, and have been exercising. I just find it so difficult to think that I gained those 3 pounds back. I feel like I wasted those 2 weeks that I it took to loose it and wasted the 2 weeks that I took to gain it back. I know I can do this eventually, I just hate sliding back. How do you just "get over it" and keep going?

Replies

• yoghurtand
    Options
    You didn't slide backwards in my opinion. You say you worked out less, but you worked out some, didn't you? That means you're two weeks fitter than you were before :) And did you have fun on your holidays? Did you enjoy them? That's what's important. Two weeks or four weeks 'behind' is nothing in the grand scheme of things - think of how many weeks of your life there have been and how many you have to come in the future.

You've even got the motto in your sig: 'Just keep swimming'. That's all you can do, really. Looking backwards and going, 'oh, I should have...' will get you nothing except unhappiness. I've spent so much of my life hating myself and this week I have not lost one single pound; last week I gained two! But do you know what? I don't care. I just remind myself that weight loss should not be the be all and end all of life.
  • tishieb
    tishieb Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    This has happened to me, and I'm sure quite a few of us. I had a massive meltdown last night and upset everyone around me, it was awful. I'm sure I've gained a LOT more than you did and I am disappointed in myself. HOWEVER, I'm still focused on my goals and will not give up. But right now I've lost my super strength but will do the best that I can till it returns. Holidays will come and go, temptations will always exist. But we can find ways to get through them and jump back on board to balance everything out again and get back on track so we can watch the pounds melt away again. I have faith that we can get it all back. those wonderful feelings we had a few weeks ago before we started eating everything in sight lol ... It will all be okay.
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    It's life. It is filled with ups and downs. As is weight loss. A Lot of people gain during the holidays. I gained 4! I then lowered my cal goal and have lost 2 of that 4. It happens. You are human. And you know how to fix it. You know it can be done because you have done it. That is the benefit/advantage of all of this. If you have a little backslide every now and again you know just what to do to rectify the situation!
  • shastacrystal
    Options
    I battle with this too. I make myself feel so guilty and get so mad at myself for the "wasted" time. Try to remind yourself that it is ok for us to slip up as long as we learna lesson from it. In this case just remind yourself that certain actions arent worth how bad you are going to feel about it later. You can do it girl!!! Dont be so hard on yourself. Easier said then done yes but I know you can get right back on track. You seem like you really want it so use that desire to motivate you!!!
  • sweena23
    Options
    Everyone's coments are sooooo helpful. Thank you!!! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that falls into this mind trap. It helps a lot to hear your advice and encouragment. It is so true that 4 weeks in the whole grand scheme of things is only a fleeting moment. Thanks again! Just keep swimming....just keep swimming.... :)