Jamba Juice smoothies in the frozen aisle?!

Options
I was so excited when I saw these cuz there's no Jamba by me, but SO disappointed when I tried them! They're just not good at all :( Anyone else bummed by them?

Replies

• pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I tried one at their store once, not impressed. High in calories and way too expensive.
  • ceejay000
    ceejay000 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I was so excited when I saw these cuz there's no Jamba by me, but SO disappointed when I tried them! They're just not good at all :( Anyone else bummed by them?

That's disappointing. I saw those in the store, and they looked so good!
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I really love the Strawberries Wild packs! They are really tasty to me. But I add my own protein powder and coconut water instead of the recommended milk to make them healthier.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I really liked them! I tried them twice made as directed with apple juice.
  • lajuice24
    lajuice24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I personally do not like them. I had one at the store in town. Just did not taste good. I prefer Smoothie King
  • CynthiaS
    CynthiaS Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    ahh thats sad to hear I was going to try them :( there's not one on guam ....guess I stick to making my own
  • mamacremers
    mamacremers Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I really love the Strawberries Wild packs! They are really tasty to me. But I add my own protein powder and coconut water instead of the recommended milk to make them healthier.

I love those too! I found them at Costco too! I mix them with skim milk (lower calories), but apple juice tastes good too.
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    I prefer my magic bullet + fresh fruit + ice = happy panda.
  • skibrina
    skibrina Posts: 36
    Options
    your better off making your own. fresh or frozen fruit. some frozen yogurt or juice and there ya go. or a protein shake. they do have way to much sugar and are spendy. i love making my own. kids love them as well. :)
  • lfeltman50
    Options
    They are okay but I was upset that I had to buy juice to make them with. I prefer the yo-plait frozen smoothies best because I don't add anything extra except a little water if my blender doesn't want to grind it up well. For the most part, I like to throw some frozen fruit in the blender and be done with it.
  • lfeltman50
    Options
    oh yeah, I remembered what I really hate about them...the seeds. I got the flavor with pomagranite and there was insane amounts of seeds in it which made the last couple of sips kinda gross. Don't know how they could fix that though.
  • JolieBlonde
    Options
    I used to get a Jamba Juice every Sat after a run. One day while I was waiting (forever) saw a book on the counter with the nutrition information. All that time I thought I was doing something healthy and the protein shake that I liked was over 1,000 calories with 160 grams of sugar and off the chart fat content. I could NOT believe how horrible this stuff was for you. I walked out and never went back. Dave Zinczenko hammered them and I think they have since cleaned up their act. So just be super careful with smoothies. They are loaded with sugar. Real sugar or fake sugar if you don't work it off your body will store it as fat :(
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    ahh thats sad to hear I was going to try them :( there's not one on guam ....guess I stick to making my own
    Hey Cynthia, I lived on Guam, left about a year ago. I really miss the snorkeling and diving there.
  • Socalisweetie
    Options
    I just got these the other day, I got the Caribbean Passion ( my fav. in store) on the bag it says to add Apple Juice, I didn't have any so I used Pineapple juice and it was AMAZING. I'm only disappointed on how small the bags are. I have a big family and we all love a good smoothie. I did make it for everyone and they loved it. Maybe trying changing the juice.
  • 26MORE2GO
    26MORE2GO Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I live and die by these things! I love them. I mix mines with OJ. Recently, I switched it up and I Mix a Bottle of Regular OJ, w/ a Bottle of 50% less Calories OJ to make my smoothies with.

Tatse is the same, but with less calories.