Does anyone love eating at Chipotle like me?

Options
I am in love with Chipotle's chicken bowl. I honestly eat there at least 2 or 3 times a week. I can eat half for lunch and the rest for dinner. But I couldn't help but notice that their salad dressing has 270 calories a cup!!! YIKES..didn't know it could carry so many calories. I normally get 2 cups which would be 540 calories!!! Just for 4 oz dressing. Does this sound accurate?

Replies

• kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    could be....

try it without it. I would leave off an ingredient and see what I thought. If i didn't miss the ingredient (cheese) then I didn't get it next time.
  • malik1048
    Options
    I'm like you and could eat there a few times a week but i kind of air on the side of caution and won't dare walk thru those doors lol
  • Sara2652
    Sara2652 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Yummy Chipotle! I get the barbacoa salad bowl with black beans, fajita veggies, salsa and corn salsa. No need for the dressing or cheese and it is so tasty and filling for 415 cals.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I haven't been there in a while, but there's one in my office building and I definitely go on occasion. Their website has a good nutrition calculator, so you can calculate your order and how changing the ingredients will affect it. Many of them are quite reasonable, especially if you don't need cheese or sour cream--my order is just as good without--choose between beans and meat, etc.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I am in love with Chipotle's chicken bowl. I honestly eat there at least 2 or 3 times a week. I can eat half for lunch and the rest for dinner. But I couldn't help but notice that their salad dressing has 270 calories a cup!!! YIKES..didn't know it could carry so many calories. I normally get 2 cups which would be 540 calories!!! Just for 4 oz dressing. Does this sound accurate?

I'm confused. 4 oz is half a cup. Do you use 2 cups?
  • brizzeem
    brizzeem Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    why would anyone hate on chipotle? Cause it's a fast food rest? Anyways chipotle can be very healthy BUT you need to cut their portion sizes down. You can get a bowl BUT don't eat all of it!!!! Look at the ingredients that go into your food and chipotle has multiply healthy options just cut the portion size.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I also love chipotle; no salad dressing for me - and I am thinking you mean one of the little plastic cups they serve it in not a measuring cup - but instead of dressing I do the mild salsa - not the corn one, and it is very low in calories - they give me extra no extra charge....
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Yup. I'm there a few times a week. You can input your order on their website and it will calculate the calories for you. It's not that bad for me, calorie wise, as long as I keep that as my big meal for the day. I've managed to maintain for nearly a year now and still eat there several times a week.

Here's the page that calculates the calories: http://www.chipotle.com/en-us/menu/nutrition_calculator/nutrition_calculator.aspx
  • gossipkween
    gossipkween Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    i love their chicken salad! i never get the dressing. it tastes just as good loaded with fresh tomato salsa.

the dressing is pretty heavy on cals as youve stated.
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options

I'm confused. 4 oz is half a cup. Do you use 2 cups?
    I think they mean that they eat two of the cups of dressing. Its amazing to think of all the calories we eat, when we are not thinking about it.
  • picklesroofus
    picklesroofus Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I LOVE IT!

but only go 1x a month
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    1) ask for dressing on the side
    2)bring your salad home
    3) weigh your dressing before eating it
    4) look your dressing up by weight.

this "cup" thing is confusing whether youare talkign about a weighed measuring cup or a little tiny cup container they give you there like the salsas come in. weighing it will clear up this confusion.
  • Sara2652
    Sara2652 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    why would anyone hate on chipotle? Cause it's a fast food rest? Anyways chipotle can be very healthy BUT you need to cut their portion sizes down. You can get a bowl BUT don't eat all of it!!!! Look at the ingredients that go into your food and chipotle has multiply healthy options just cut the portion size.

Why can't I eat ALL of the salad bowl? I don't get the rice and its in my calorie budget. :sad:
  • SuzieMae78
    SuzieMae78 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I didn't even know they had dressing! I always get the chicken burrito bowl, but with cheese and sour cream. I agree - no need for dressing!
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I get a salad with black beans, cheese, tomatillo verde, and guacamole. I skip the dressing because I think it tastes nasty. I usually add some of the chipotle tabasco. Just under 400 calories, and 19 grams of protein.
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I love it! I do not do the salad though..... I do the rice bowl with black beans and either chicken or steak :) I typically eat half of it for lunch the first day and the other half the second day! It is sooooooooooooooooo good. My biggest issue is that the salsa I prefer (the red hot) is pretty high in salt content. So now I get it on the side, and just use a tiny bit!
  • weird_me2
    weird_me2 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Weigh the dressing - I've noticed that my Chiptole does NOT give 2 oz portions of dressing. Most of the time I'm lucky if it's 1 oz of dressing. If yours really does give 2 oz portions, just try cutting down slowly. I've also found that adding the medium green salsa helps act as a "dressing", too.
  • ValeriePlz
    ValeriePlz Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I haven't been to Chipotle in months, but I decided the next time I get sick, I'm going for a full burrito. (That's my go-to food to fight a cold!)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I do not like their salad dressing whatsoever, but I love their steak. The chicken's not half bad either.