Feeling lost

Options
I am eating right and working out. I have even been eating more compared to my low calorie intake not sure what i am doing wrong since my stomach fat has not really gone in. Should i be eating more, or am i just being impatient?

Replies

• aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Your most likely being impatient. Since I know nothing about you and how much your eating/need to be eating, I would just say to relax and give it time. Unless your eating a ridiculously low number...then yes...eat more.
  • asciiqwerty
    asciiqwerty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    You'll need to share more information to get any form of useful advice from the forums. Sharing your diary may also help along with your goal and starting weight and height etc.

Assuming that you're trying to lose (based on your ticker) and only have 2lb to loose, then it will be slow, and take some time and target a slow and gradual loss of maybe 0.5 to 0.25 lb/week no more.

You mention stomach fat - you can't really spot target fat in a particular place on your body - that doesn't work.

You don't say what sort of exercise you take, but with your 2lb loss target from today, I would encourage you to focus on strength and tone exercises (resistance/bodyweight/toning/lifting). I do Pilates and over a couple of years improving my core stability has really helped smooth and shape my abdomen.
  • minusonali
    Options
    i am 5'4 weigh about 114 i eat around 1,200 calories. Used to eat around 600 calories(i had an eating disorder) I work out about four times a week, and I get scared to eat more.
  • asciiqwerty
    asciiqwerty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    ok - that changes a lot

you are already at the lower end of the "normal" range
    well done on upping your calories from 600 to 1200

i would suggest that you might prefer to review your target from a weight based one to a fitness based on swapping your excercise around from a cardio to a pilates class once a week may help you tone up and feel better

good luck with your journey
  • minusonali
    Options
    I have started yoga the past one month, but i will look into that!

Thanks