Kettlebells????????

Options
Are the better then just regular weights?

Do they target more muscles?

I'm don't know much about them.....Please fill me in

Replies

• LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    I don't personally know but I just read an article in Fitness magazine about burning a lot more calories with the exercises you do with them. I've seen another thread about them but not sure what the title was. I'm thinking about looking into these as well.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    The Self Magazine I just got had an article and exercises - Jillian Michaels was on the cover and in all the exercises - regarding the kettlebell. It said it's great for core strengthening. I might purchase one with one of my gift cards - maybe even get JD's DVD.

The exercises were for arms, butt, legs, abs, pretty much all over.
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels has a Shred-it with Weights video that uses them. I got the video for Christmas. I think it is just another tool that you can use. In the video the also use a dumbbell. She says the good thing about the kettlebell is that you can increase or decrease your weight amount. It also has a great handle to help you hold on to it when you do arm lift/pops etc. My husband said they sell them at Walmart when I told him that I need to get one to use with my video.
  • colestephens
    colestephens Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan. I'll typically use them for core work. It's the variety that really gives you the benefit. The grip is different than with bands or a dumbbell. Your body has to work differently to do exercises with a kettlebell...it's the variety that makes them worth it.
  • lisablueeyes
    lisablueeyes Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I just started working out with it today! I'm going to do thisOn top of my gym workouts ( 6hours at the gym) I'm planning on doing this 4 x a week! I've read nothing but great things about them! I've start using the Sgt Shanahan's KettleBell BootCamp Work Out DVD........
    Today was day 1.. So far so good!!!
  • skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I really want to get one tooo!!!!
  • blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I just started using Kettlenetics, Developed by Michelle Kai ( might be spelled wrong) I have used it for a few nights, and already love it, it is a total different type of work out!